My big Dilemma, keep Sigma 35 after buying Nikon 18-35g?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions
ageha
Contributing MemberPosts: 651Gear list
Like?
Sell it
In reply to Sloepoke, 8 months ago

I would sell the Sigma.

ageha's gear list:ageha's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX10 Sony Alpha DSLR-A390 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D600 +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Liviu Namolovan
Regular MemberPosts: 477
Like?
Re: My big Dilemma, keep Sigma 35 after buying Nikon 18-35g?
In reply to anotherMike, 8 months ago

So, you sold your 14-24. If I remember correctly, that amazing Nikon 14-24mm survived to the comparisson to the versatile and very good 16-35mm and as a result the 16-35mm was the lens you have get rid of. Now I'm scratching my head as of to why someone would sell his much praised 14-24 only to get a 18-35mm G? I know that somehow I am missing something...

Nexu1
Senior MemberPosts: 1,882
Like?
Re: My big Dilemma, keep Sigma 35 after buying Nikon 18-35g?
In reply to Sloepoke, 8 months ago

Do you own tests, with what you like to shoot, and buy based on your own needs and preferences.  As you should know, there are always trade offs or compromises.  If you don't feel the increase in sharpness of the Sigma prime is worth the trade off for the flexibility & convenience of the zoom then sell the prime.  I always think it's a good idea to do your own tests and not rely on others.  Yeah, there are some gurus here that can give you advice on lens testing but at the end of the day you have to figure out what is most important for yourself.  It's just like some noob that buys a D800E and 24-70 then never takes it anywhere because it's too heavy and they'd rather have a D3200 with 35mm DX prime.  To each their own and don't worry lens reputations.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads