B&H: What a superb vendor

Started 7 months ago | Discussions
NesRes
Forum MemberPosts: 80
Like?
B&H: What a superb vendor
7 months ago

So my replacement 70-200 mm f2.8L II arrived today.  I bought one just before the holidays and returned it due to a loose mount.  The RMA process was simple, and I was kept appraised of the package arriving and the replacement lens shipping out to me via email.

There are often questions about what vendors to use - online vendors, ebay vendors, etc.  It is so worthwhile to pay a little bit more at B&H vs an ebay vendor and have the peace of mind that things will be taken care of if something goes wrong.

There is another thread in the 6D forum listing the automatic refunds if purchase price changes from B&H, which is another fantastic perk.

Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Graham Meale
Contributing MemberPosts: 999Gear list
Like?
Re: B&H: What a superb vendor
In reply to NesRes, 7 months ago

I've always been very happy with them. My only wish is that they'd open a store here in Australia so that (a) we don't have to pay freight, and (b) we're eligible for offers that are marked "USA only". But somehow I don't think that'll happen ...

-- hide signature --
 Graham Meale's gear list:Graham Meale's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
NancyP
Senior MemberPosts: 3,732Gear list
Like?
In reply to Graham Meale, 7 months ago

I have had good experiences as well.

-- hide signature --

NancyP

NancyP's gear list:NancyP's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill
boblu
Regular MemberPosts: 334Gear list
Like?
In reply to NancyP, 7 months ago

B&H is good not sometime they also do something like other do. I once got a used camera from that even I purchase the new one.

boblu's gear list:boblu's gear list
Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 HS Nikon 1 V1 Canon EOS M Canon EOS 6D Nikon 1 Nikkor 18.5mm f/1.8 +2 more
Eric Sorensen
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,636Gear list
Like?
Amazon will ship your replacement BEFORE you return your lens

And they ship the new one faster than you originally ordered. Nobody in New York will do that.

If they have what I need and the price is right - I will always use Amazon because of their return policy and fast shipment.

Plus, they take internet orders 24/7.  So as a customer, I don't have to work around their religious schedule (which I'm not familiar with) --  I can order things on my schedule.

-- hide signature --

Eric Sorensen
Bossier City, Louisiana
http://www.pbase.com/ericsorensen/photography
Shreveport Photographic Society: http://www.spsclub.org/

Eric Sorensen's gear list:Eric Sorensen's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM +3 more
Sports Shooter
Regular MemberPosts: 395Gear list
Like?
In reply to NancyP, 7 months ago

NancyP wrote:

I have had good experiences as well.

-- hide signature --

NancyP

I was in NY for a few hours last year. Wife and kids went to the Empire state building. I went to B&H :-).

Sports Shooter's gear list:Sports Shooter's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +10 more
Robert Snow
Contributing MemberPosts: 712Gear list
Like?
Re: Amazon will ship your replacement BEFORE you return your lens
In reply to Eric Sorensen, 7 months ago

I use B & H a lot just to research products...they are my photography equipment Google.  When I am ready to buy something, I check them first because over the years they have always been a model vendor and their internet site is probably the best I have seen, and their search engine works great compare to many others.

A good example of their business practices...I bought a Canon 55-250mm lens and got a less expensive hood than the Canon.  It would not mount backwards at all, and with difficulty when mounted frontwards.  When I wrote the review for it, I mentioned this and would not recommend that anyone else buy it.  Fast forward:  For the price, I didn't want to mess with returning it, so just ordered the Canon hood which worked perfectly.

About a week later, I received an email from them apologizing for the defective product and stating that they were sending me another one for free.  I received it a few days later.  Now I have two of them that don't work properly.  8)  Point is, who else would do that?  I guess I will have to send them back, demand that they do not give me credit, and let it die...other than their reporting this to the hood manufacturer.

A happy long term customer...

bob snow

Robert Snow's gear list:Robert Snow's gear list
Canon EOS 100D Canon EOS 70D
MarshallG
Senior MemberPosts: 1,496Gear list
Like?
In reply to Eric Sorensen, 7 months ago

And they ship the new one faster than you originally ordered. Nobody in New York will do that.

If they have what I need and the price is right - I will always use Amazon because of their return policy and fast shipment.

Plus, they take internet orders 24/7.  So as a customer, I don't have to work around their religious schedule (which I'm not familiar with) --  I can order things on my schedule.

-- hide signature --

Eric Sorensen
Bossier City, Louisiana

It's remarksble that one of the biggest electronics retailers in the nation got so big despite the fact that that've never been open on Friday night or Saturday.

But they'll happily take your order and even answer the phone all day long on Christmas.

MarshallG's gear list:MarshallG's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +4 more
stratobill
Contributing MemberPosts: 841
Like?

I love B&H, they have always shipped quickly and returns are a breeze.

The only thing that i don't like is that whenever I look at anything on their site, a little blurb for that item comes up on my web pages for several weeks.

C'mon guys, I know what I ant to buy, especially in photo gear, and i don't need to be reminded about it for several weeks!

PS I know this is probably Google, but it's a turnoff.

Eric Sorensen
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,636Gear list
Like?
Amazon pays to have bad stuff shipped back to them
In reply to Robert Snow, 7 months ago

With a few clicks you can choose to get a full refund or have them ship you another.  Both they will do before they get the defective one back.  And they pay for the return shipping.

I do love the B+H selection.   And they are part of my research process.  But if they can't beat Amazon's price (including shipping), I don't buy from them.

-- hide signature --

Eric Sorensen
Bossier City, Louisiana

Eric Sorensen's gear list:Eric Sorensen's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM +3 more
yehudakgtbnet
Contributing MemberPosts: 915
Like?
B&H are excellent vendors.

I purchased from them a DSLR which I thought was faulty. They replaced it instantly, even paid the shipping back and forth.

Yehuda

Kevin Jorgensen
Contributing MemberPosts: 727Gear list
Like?
Re: B&H are excellent vendors.
In reply to yehudakgtbnet, 7 months ago

I've bought my entire kit off the ''grey'' market, never ever had a problem. It seems to me the dealers to avoid are the legit ones mentioned in this forum. Faulty cameras, faulty lenses,  lenses that don't or won't focus properly. I read where one guy returned 7 copies of the same lens until he got a ''good'' one. Good thing they do have a good return policy, sounds like they need it.

Kevin Jorgensen's gear list:Kevin Jorgensen's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical +2 more
skysnake
Contributing MemberPosts: 651
Like?
B&H simply the best

I have  ordered over the phone, online and shopped in person at B&H since the early 90's. They are quite simply the best. Their customer service is exemplary! I live in a small town without a camera store so B&H is my local retailer.

Thanks, B&H!

-- hide signature --

Christian Boice
Humanitarian and All Around Great Guy
http://www.boice.smugmug.com (under contruction after switching from pbase)

vlab
Senior MemberPosts: 1,406Gear list
Like?

Agree, I use them all the time, the latest one: when was looking for tele, Reterned Sigma 120-400, two Canon 100-400 and kept the third Canon 100-400.

vlab's gear list:vlab's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Canon PowerShot S95 Canon EOS 60D Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS +3 more
vlab
Senior MemberPosts: 1,406Gear list
Like?
In reply to Robert Snow, 7 months ago

When I got 60D, I ordered 55-250 with non Canon hood, for few bucks, was just fine.

vlab's gear list:vlab's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Canon PowerShot S95 Canon EOS 60D Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS +3 more
NISSIM COHEN NESSE
New MemberPosts: 10Gear list
Like?

b&h is the best store in the world,

i don't know what i going to do without b&h,

i live with B&H

B&H is my mentor

even the door men, the cleaner,the cashiers, and the( free) parking attended,are outstanding .

!waking, and shopping, at b&h is, my vacation form stress

!b&h give me all the toys the my parents didn't.

i am not religion, but b&h is my holly place

i will rather see b&h than my wife

i love b&h
thank you to all b&h employees , and customer!
we make b&h

respectfully
Nissim Cohen Nesse

NISSIM COHEN NESSE's gear list:NISSIM COHEN NESSE's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Canon EOS-1D X Olympus E-M1 Sony Alpha 7R Sony Alpha 7 +23 more
NancyP
Senior MemberPosts: 3,732Gear list
Like?
In reply to Sports Shooter, 7 months ago

I would resemble that comment. I would love to handle the Big Whites, just to see if I could lift the things and shoot handheld. I guess that I am going to give Dr. Cicala some business someday soon, so I can get a rented Big White (500mm f/4 II) in my hands for a week.

Sports Shooter wrote:

NancyP

I was in NY for a few hours last year. . I went to B&H :-).

-- hide signature --

NancyP

NancyP's gear list:NancyP's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill
rebel99
Senior MemberPosts: 2,306
Like?

NesRes wrote:

So my replacement 70-200 mm f2.8L II arrived today. I bought one just before the holidays and returned it due to a loose mount. The RMA process was simple, and I was kept appraised of the package arriving and the replacement lens shipping out to me via email.

There are often questions about what vendors to use - online vendors, ebay vendors, etc. It is so worthwhile to pay a little bit more at B&H vs an ebay vendor and have the peace of mind that things will be taken care of if something goes wrong.

There is another thread in the 6D forum listing the automatic refunds if purchase price changes from B&H, which is another fantastic perk.

i believe a business become worthy of praise when the customer faces an issue with his/her purchase that requires attention and how that business takes care of its customer.  i have been buying my photography gear from B&H for the last 7-8 yrs. and never had any issues. so, it is not that i am wishing but i'd like to have a purchase issue to see how B&H will handle it until then, i'd like to withhold judgement. i made a purchase from adorama last december and they completely screwed up my order by sending me the wrong items and when i contacted them, they ran me through the hoops till they gave me a refund and i had to pay for shipping charges. sorry adorama, you'll not get my business any longer for a long time

cheerz.

scorrpio
Senior MemberPosts: 2,517
Like?
Re: B&H are excellent vendors.
In reply to Kevin Jorgensen, 7 months ago

Kevin Jorgensen wrote:

I've bought my entire kit off the ''grey'' market, never ever had a problem. It seems to me the dealers to avoid are the legit ones mentioned in this forum. Faulty cameras, faulty lenses, lenses that don't or won't focus properly. I read where one guy returned 7 copies of the same lens until he got a ''good'' one. Good thing they do have a good return policy, sounds like they need it.

You got lucky.   If seven-eight months since, any of your gear developed an issue and required warranty repair, you would get the taste of what 'grey market' means.

B&H is a massive vendor.    For every faulty camera or lens you hear about, there are 10,000 silent customers completely satisfied with what they bought.    It sure sucks to be that 1 out of 10,000, but your chances to get shafted on the grey market are way higher.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads