SONY ANSWERED!!!! PART 2

Started 11 months ago | Discussions
parallaxproblem
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,912Gear list
Like?
Re: SONY ANSWERED!!!! PART 2
In reply to tesilab, 11 months ago

tesilab wrote:

People who don't just think that Sony used to make a great product line called NEX and they don't make them anymore.

That's a very good point!

People will go into shops asking to buy a 'NEX camera' only to be told that they aren't manufactured any more!

-- hide signature --

DUMP the HUMP! Campaign for *REAL* NEX replacement bodies
* newly updated ignore list: hostile responses are probably not visible to me

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
jpr2
Forum ProPosts: 13,999Gear list
Like?
re: there is a beautifully insightful thread about the mental locusts...
In reply to PVCdroid, 11 months ago

PVCdroid wrote:

jpr2 wrote:

...shilled to premature extinction by jamming with inconsequential rubbish from the well known perpetrators - every act of replying to them just serves to forwards a thread they target to die sooner rather than later

Agree with you and there should be consequences for those that do so. This is quite valid when you see 4-5 in a row from the same poster slamming a thread to get rid of it because they are unhappy with the subject matter.

... in the parallel forum - quite apt and adequate to the recent infestation by disruptors on the NEX forum.

jpr2

EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 11,977Gear list
Like?
Re: re: I'm glad to see the continuation - the part I was...
In reply to Son Of Mustang Ford, 11 months ago

captura wrote:

jpr2 wrote:

...shilled to premature extinction by jamming with inconsequential rubbish from the well known perpetrators - every act of replying to them just serves to forwards a thread they target to die sooner rather than later

jpr2

Thank God, the paid shills/ perps/ fanboys/ trolls have receded, for the time being.

~
Nex-7 classic:
http://www.flickriver.com/photos/qmusaget/sets/72157629823874033/
street candids (non-interactive):
http://www.flickriver.com/photos/qmusaget/sets/72157609618638319/
music and dance:
http://www.flickriver.com/photos/qmusaget/sets/72157600341265280/
B&W:
http://www.flickriver.com/photos/qmusaget/sets/72157623306407882/
wildlife & macro:
http://www.flickriver.com/photos/qmusaget/sets/72157600341377106/
interactive street:
http://www.flickriver.com/photos/qmusaget/sets/72157623181919323/
Comments and critique are always welcome!
~

I think you meant to say "those who were right".

More like, if you don't agree with me and those who sing and shake their head in unison, you are: "stalker and a paid shill".

It used to be funny. Now I simply shake my head in disbelief and feel bad for these poor souls.

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
nevercat
Senior MemberPosts: 3,090
Like?
In reply to parallaxproblem, 11 months ago

parallaxproblem wrote:

tesilab wrote:

People who don't just think that Sony used to make a great product line called NEX and they don't make them anymore.

People will go into shops asking to buy a 'NEX camera' only to be told that they aren't manufactured any more!

Yeh you are completely right about that! When you go in a store and ask for a Nex camera the sales person will tell you that it is not manufactured any more and goes on with looking at the last rerun of hello Lucy!

Come on, there are three kind of people buying cameras:

1. the informed ones (reading this forum maybe) and knowing the Nex line is rebranded.2. The guys who buy in the shops and get their information there, they will be told the Nex line is rebranded in the stores
3. The first time (e-mount) camera buyer who comes in the store and ask what is the best camera for him. The salesman will help him to the camera he thinks is the best for him (or is provision...)When that is E-mount he will recommend the camera that is on sale then, maybe the Axxxx or the Nex x camera...

So in no way is it infecting the direct sales of the Sony cameras. The only people with problems with the name change are here on this forum.

Let me tell you one thing: Sony will not change their plans for what ever is told on this forum. The people on this forum are less then 1% of the camera buyers and look we are not buying the same Sony camera, there are people buying the A3000, the A5000, the Nex 5x, the Nex 6, the Nex 7 the A7 or the A7r. There is not one camera that is not owned by one of the forum readers...

-- hide signature --

It is time for a new campain as this one is allready won by you...

EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 11,977Gear list
Like?

tesilab wrote:

-- hide signature --

Who would be these people you speak for?

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
sroute
Senior MemberPosts: 2,459
Like?

parallaxproblem wrote:

Somehow I doubt this is happening today.

Even Sony's on-line stores still puts these cameras under a NEX heading.

wictred
Senior MemberPosts: 1,056Gear list
Like?
Re: Tesilab: my thoughts exactly...
In reply to jpr2, 11 months ago

jpr2 wrote:

...esp. as this (and similar moves) grossly undermine their patrons confidence in the products they might have bought earlier.

Resulting in substantially less sales = a vicious cycle really as it is bound to repeated again and again, in danger to spiral pretty quickly beyond any control. It is much easier to spill the milk that to make everything whole again !!

oh my god! you are right! how can the people in sony marketing not see this? why don't they read the comments here? someone has to tell them! please!

wictred's gear list:wictred's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN | Art +3 more
wictred
Senior MemberPosts: 1,056Gear list
Like?
In reply to wictred, 11 months ago

wictred wrote:

jpr2 wrote:

...esp. as this (and similar moves) grossly undermine their patrons confidence in the products they might have bought earlier.

Resulting in substantially less sales = a vicious cycle really as it is bound to repeated again and again, in danger to spiral pretty quickly beyond any control. It is much easier to spill the milk that to make everything whole again !!

oh my god! you are right! how can the people in sony marketing not see this? why don't they read the comments here? someone has to tell them! please!

ooops i forgot the sad smiley face

wictred's gear list:wictred's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN | Art +3 more
nevercat
Like?
In reply to wictred, 11 months ago

wictred wrote:

wictred wrote:

jpr2 wrote:

And they did here did they not? And I think the Sony marketing people all had a good laugh!

ooops i forgot the sad smiley face

Oops forgot the Smiley face

captura
Forum ProPosts: 15,572Gear list
Like?
In reply to nevercat, 11 months ago

Miouw!

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Samsung NX1000 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +10 more
jpr2
Like?
re: did they really?
In reply to Son Of Mustang Ford, 11 months ago

Son Of Mustang Ford wrote:

captura wrote:

jpr2 wrote:

Thank God, the paid shills/ perps/ fanboys/ trolls have receded, for the time being.

I think you meant to say "those who were right".

out of 34 posts, almost 1/2 can be attributed as [usually quite vitriolic] attempts to derail or ridicule the discussion

jpr2

topstuff
Senior MemberPosts: 1,165Gear list
Like?
Really?! I mean, really?!
In reply to jpr2, 11 months ago

Hundreds of posts about the decision of Sony to drop the NEX name?

Seriously, this is seen as a problem?

No-one should care.  It does not matter. It will have no impact in the stores.

They could call the cameras after the Seven Dwarfs for all anyone should care.

Actually,that's not a bad idea.  I like the idea of a Sony Dozy, or maybe a Sony Bashful.

Sony - I will take my commission for this idea as a couple of A7Rs and a set of Zeiss.

nevercat
Like?
In reply to captura, 11 months ago

captura wrote:

Miouw!

Captura, very mature! Your post is realy adding to this discussion, is it? It is you who is filling these discussions with meaningless posts, maybe you should stop?

nzmacro
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,981Gear list
Like?

Hmm, interesting. I'm really hoping the design style will be based on the NEX-6 and 7. It really suits how I shoot and use the camera and that's with the hump to be dumped Both eyes open when I shoot and I can see what is entering the frame on the left hand side (right eyed shooter) Its enabled me to get so many shots I would not have seen coming otherwise. So that's my dream for an update to the APS_C range finder style.

All the best and keep that flag flying IMO

Danny.

-- hide signature --
 nzmacro's gear list:nzmacro's gear list
Sony Mavica CD1000 +11 more
quezra
Senior MemberPosts: 3,098Gear list
Like?
In reply to nevercat, 11 months ago

nevercat wrote:

So in no way is it infecting the direct sales of the Sony cameras. The only people with problems with the name change are here on this forum.

I've put all of this crowd on ignore now, and it's nice to keep their threads relegated to the bottom of the forum and greyed out.  Here's the thing: One of these prophets of doom exclaimed that because the A5000 no longer carried the NEX name, it was no longer a NEX in spirit even though anyone with half a brain can see the obvious continuities with the NEX-3N - aside from the obvious body similarities right down to the feature set.  And they harped on at length about how this was the end of the NEX-5 line, that this was exactly the same situation as the A58 condensing the A3X and A5X lines because the number replaced it and they wouldn't listen to reason about how the NEX-5 was going nowhere (you know, best selling camera in Japan??).

Now, when Sony repeat the exact same words to them, they treat it as words delivered from heaven, like this revelation needs to be passed on to the ignorant unsaved masses, so much so that it needs a second thread when the first one gets full.

We rational types will just have to accept that some people rely on the divine words of Sony which art in Japan and will accept no less from us false prophets reading tea leaves and "assuming" what went before shall continue in the future.  The best thing is to leave these poor miserable people to their own ways of acquiring certainty about their product lines through oracles and divine revelation while the rest of us get on with photography.

quezra's gear list:quezra's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony Alpha NEX-5N Voigtlander 35mm F1.4 Nokton +7 more
Marti58
Marti58 MOD
Forum ProPosts: 19,060Gear list
Like?
It would be nice and civil

if all can be discussed in a civil way, i think some should take the time to re-read the forum posting rules which can be found at :

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/forum-rules

-- hide signature --

*All my Post Processing is done with Capture NX2*
Flickr Photo's
Galleries on DPR

Marti58's gear list:Marti58's gear list
Nikon 1 Nikkor 10mm f/2.8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Samsung HZ35W Canon PowerShot S95 Nikon Coolpix P500 +27 more
Charlie P Uniform
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
In reply to quezra, 11 months ago

quezra wrote:

Now, when Sony repeat the exact same words to them, they treat it as words delivered from heaven, like this revelation needs to be passed on to the ignorant unsaved masses, so much so that it needs a second thread when the first one gets full.

And to be honest I don't understand what's the point of it. There are lots of on-topic threads here that don't get the attention they might deserve, because of this endless dropping-the-nex-name=end-of-the-world spam.

I'd rather have ten times more "I'm not happy with my A7, it's going back" threads than more of this incredible nonsense.

PVCdroid
Senior MemberPosts: 2,171Gear list
Like?
In reply to Charlie P Uniform, 11 months ago

Charlie P Uniform wrote:

quezra wrote:

And to be honest I don't understand what's the point of it. There are lots of on-topic threads here that don't get the attention they might deserve, because of this endless dropping-the-nex-name=end-of-the-world spam.

I'd rather have ten times more "I'm not happy with my A7, it's going back" threads than more of this incredible nonsense.

It's good Sony said something even though it had to occur by cornering one of their execs. For three months we didn't have a clue what they were going to do. Those of us that were in the middle of building a system weren't sure what to expect. We all wouldn't be here if we weren't curious. It's a conversation that unnecessarily turns into a war zone at times. The real antagonizers call this whining. They can read the thread topic and a couple posts and get all defensive for Sony. If it doesn't agree with them and they believe it is trivial, why not ignore it.

PVCdroid's gear list:PVCdroid's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7R
jpr2
Like?
Pat: indeed, and this is the most curious part: WHY they just don't ignore???

PVCdroid wrote:

Charlie P Uniform wrote:

It's good Sony said something even though it had to occur by cornering one of their execs. For three months we didn't have a clue what they were going to do. Those of us that were in the middle of building a system weren't sure what to expect. We all wouldn't be here if we weren't curious. It's a conversation that unnecessarily turns into a war zone at times. The real antagonizers call this whining. They can read the thread topic and a couple posts and get all defensive for Sony. If it doesn't agree with them and they believe it is trivial, why not ignore it.

esp. if the topic is so boring for them?!!

Instead there seems to be some perverse attraction which forces these opponents to wallow in their unwanted boredom !! And as a result there is lot of 'ad hominem' and 'ad personam' mud slinging from them at anyone wanting to have an insight into one of the most puzzling, and frankly also most dumb decisions in the recent marketing of photographic equipment!!

Back to the topic - this is truly curious WHY - on the 20th of Oct, 2013, when they first pronounced the NEX to be dead - they didn't say all this outright, overtly and honestly? The most obvious answer is... because they haven't had a clue what they're going to do, yet!!

jpr2

tesilab
Senior MemberPosts: 1,992Gear list
Like?
You had a clue, only Sony didn't...
In reply to PVCdroid, 11 months ago

PVCdroid wrote:

... For three months we didn't have a clue what they were going to do. Those of us that were in the middle of building a system weren't sure what to expect....

Sony accurately stated their intentions when they first indicated they were discontinuing the NEX name--that it was a change of the model naming convention only.

The only reason that wasn't clear to everyone, including those who actually read the initial Sony statement, was because it was a stupid move on Sony's part, consequential enough to appear as a true product strategy change--especially because it's Sony--than just an new incomprehensibly confusing model naming change

* A change worthy of the company that brought you "Play Memories", which sounds more like a nostalgic slideshow than a camera app platform.

tesilab's gear list:tesilab's gear list
Sony RX1 Sony Alpha NEX-5 Carl Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 2/100 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN +11 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads