Rubbish forum set up

Started 11 months ago | Discussions
Braud Michel
Regular MemberPosts: 216
Like?
Rubbish forum set up
11 months ago

Before one clic on a camera and I could read the review of that camera.

Now you can clic a hundred times on the "review button" you never make it there.

Actually I am unable to read a review now. Wasn't it the main purpose of this site in the first place?

It's always the case, to "make it new", and nobody cares, they spoil the all thing.

BurlRet
New MemberPosts: 15Gear list
Like?
Rubbish Post n/t
In reply to Braud Michel, 11 months ago
No text.
 BurlRet's gear list:BurlRet's gear list
Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Cailean Gallimore
Senior MemberPosts: 6,082
Like?
Re: Rubbish forum set up

Braud Michel wrote:

Now you can clic a hundred times on the "review button" you never make it there.

Actually I am unable to read a review now. Wasn't it the main purpose of this site in the first place?

It's always the case, to "make it new", and nobody cares, they spoil the all thing.

Ask for your money back.

Gerry Winterbourne
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,192
Like?
Re: Rubbish forum set up

Braud Michel wrote:

Really?  You need to click more times to get to the full review but I've never failed to get to one.  Are you sure you've read the pages correctly.

Yes, it was and still is the main purpose but, as I said, there is no review I've tried to read and been unable.

With the older system you might get to the review faster but then you had to go to the end to get the summary: fine if you wanted the full review but a nuisance if you wanted a quick look for a first idea of a camera.  Now it's the other way round: you start with the quick summary, which suits a lot of people.

Or say you want to look just at the specs - which is, in fact, my most common reason to go to the reviews - and they are immediately accessible.

In the full reviews you can now look at the page thumbnails down the right and directly choose specific pages.  Again, that's faster than the old system.

So overall I prefer the new system.  I certainly don't think anything is spoiled.

-- hide signature --

Gerry

darklamp
Senior MemberPosts: 3,567
Like?
Old browser, malware or user error

This, to me, sounds like either your browser is an old version and you need a new one, or you have malware on your system interfering with your browser's operation, or you're simply trying to do something the wrong way.

I'd suggest you post to the Feedback forum with some concrete information ( a couple of links to pages that don;t work for you and details of your browser version ).

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads