NEX-3n successor to be announced today (SR5)

Started 9 months ago | Discussions
alisaad619
Regular MemberPosts: 179Gear list
Like?
NEX-3n successor to be announced today (SR5)
9 months ago

Hi , this breaking news from sonyalpharumors.com

the article text

The High End E-mount and A-mount APS-C camera will be announced in late January or early February. But Sony wants to give us a small present today (or tomorrow for EU and Asia). They will announce the new Sony NEX-3 successor!

Sony will stream the announcement live and I will embed the livestream video on SAR. The press conference will start at January 1am tonight (London time). This means it will be 8pm this evening in New York, or 5pm in Las Vegas or 2 o clock in the night in Berlin or 11 in the morning in Tokyo.

Stay tuned on SAR tonight and the following days! The NEX-7 successor, A77 successor and some surprise coming the next weeks and months!!!

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sr5-breaking-news-sony-nex-3-successor-to-be-announced-today-live-stream-will-be-included/comment-page-1/#comment-2051581

What do you want or hope for in the NEX-3n successor ?

for me , I'll be sold if it has playmemories camera apps (For time lapse and double exposures )

Sony Alpha NEX-3 Sony Alpha NEX-3N Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Jabba23
Regular MemberPosts: 293Gear list
Like?
Re: NEX-3n successor to be announced today (SR5)
In reply to alisaad619, 9 months ago

Thank Buddha!
Was getting sick and tired of these stupid headless chickens running around squawking doom and gloom for the apsc Sony cameras. After using WiFi and NFC with downloadable apps I think such a feature is important for such cameras as well as a full flip screen.
--
Darren Krusi

Jabba23's gear list:Jabba23's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Google Nexus 4 Google Nexus 7
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
nevercat
Senior MemberPosts: 2,573
Like?
Ihave just one wish

And that is that it will be a real Nex formfactor. Not for me (I will stay with my Nex 5) but to silence those doom and gloom profets...

abortabort
Contributing MemberPosts: 992Gear list
Like?

the article text

The High End E-mount and A-mount APS-C camera will be announced in late January or early February. But Sony wants to give us a small present today (or tomorrow for EU and Asia). They will announce the new Sony NEX-3 successor!

Sony will stream the announcement live and I will embed the livestream video on SAR. The press conference will start at January 1am tonight (London time). This means it will be 8pm this evening in New York, or 5pm in Las Vegas or 2 o clock in the night in Berlin or 11 in the morning in Tokyo.

Stay tuned on SAR tonight and the following days! The NEX-7 successor, A77 successor and some surprise coming the next weeks and months!!!

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sr5-breaking-news-sony-nex-3-successor-to-be-announced-today-live-stream-will-be-included/comment-page-1/#comment-2051581

for me , I'll be sold if it has playmemories camera apps (For time lapse and double exposures )

Multi Interface hot shoe, bringing back add on flash, EVF and OVFs to the 3 series. Bring back the better display of the old 3 series, or even better make it 3:2 ratio. New menus and the remote socket from other new Sony's.

abortabort's gear list:abortabort's gear list
Sony RX100 Ricoh GR Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 +32 more
nevercat
Like?
In reply to abortabort, 9 months ago

abortabort wrote:

the article text

Multi Interface hot shoe, bringing back add on flash, EVF and OVFs to the 3 series.

I doubt that, this was taken away to differentiate theth Nex 3 from the Nex 5. But you can hope and who knows...

Bring back the better display of the old 3 series,

An other thing to differentiate and keep the price down so I doubt it...

or even better make it 3:2 ratio. New menus and the remote socket from other new Sony's.

forget the 3:2 ratio LCD (I seriously hope) as that will make the camera bigger (with the same 3" size LCD). When Sony does this, the doom and gloom sayers will start to whine more then they did until now. I wonder what the name of the camera will be....

abortabort
Contributing MemberPosts: 992Gear list
Like?
In reply to nevercat, 9 months ago

abortabort wrote:

the article text

Multi Interface hot shoe, bringing back add on flash, EVF and OVFs to the 3 series.

I doubt that, this was taken away to differentiate theth Nex 3 from the Nex 5. But you can hope and who knows...

or even better make it 3:2 ratio. New menus and the remote socket from other new Sony's.

forget the 3:2 ratio LCD (I seriously hope) as that will make the camera bigger (with the same 3" size LCD). When Sony does this, the doom and gloom sayers will start to whine more then they did until now. I wonder what the name of the camera will be....

Well they didn't have EVF (3C vs 5N), then they did (F3 vs 5R) and then they took it away (3N).

The display was 921k dot right until the 3N.

Multi Interface can be found on the HX50 and a3000, don't see why it wouldn't be on the 3 series.

It used to be speed, build, video, touch screen buttons / controls, WiFi, apps, EFCS etc that differentiated models or the 3 and 5 series, the build went up on the 3N but everything else went backwards sadly.

I can't wait to hear what the doomsayers think once the new 3 is launched.

abortabort's gear list:abortabort's gear list
Sony RX100 Ricoh GR Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 +32 more
DWMurf
Senior MemberPosts: 1,027Gear list
Like?

There isn't anything Sony could add that would make me want to upgrade my like-new 3N. Except if they upgrade the sensor to the full frame sensor from the A7r, I could use my legacy wide angle lenses without the crop factor of an APS-C sensor, and use my telephoto lenses by switching on the crop factor for the added zoom factor. All without an increase in price of course.

-- hide signature --

David

DWMurf's gear list:DWMurf's gear list
Corel PaintShop Pro X4 Utltimate Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX30V Sony Alpha NEX-3N Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Rokinon 8mm f/2.8 UMC Aspherical Fisheye +17 more
nevercat
Like?

Abortabort I hope I'm am wrong and you are right, that would make a hell of a camera (I think we can savely say that the 20Mpixel sensor will be in the new camera and the new menu system (that is what Sony said by the launch of the A7)...

abortabort wrote:

abortabort wrote:

Well they didn't have EVF (3C vs 5N), then they did (F3 vs 5R) and then they took it away (3N).

Hay, maybe a trend (but we have to wait and see, I'm not with Sony, so I do not know for real, just speculating...)

Yes, but I there was very little between the original 3 and 5 (only build and video performance) So the only reason I bought the Nex 5 was the grip (I did not like the original 3 grip). Now there are more  differences, and there is more to choose from. I do not know what Sony will do...

Multi Interface can be found on the HX50 and a3000, don't see why it wouldn't be on the 3 series.

But I think the small Nex bodies will not have the room for the hotshoe, so the multi interface adapter from the Nex 5 is the only option without making the camera bigger...

It used to be speed, build, video, touch screen buttons / controls, WiFi, apps, EFCS etc that differentiated models or the 3 and 5 series, the build went up on the 3N but everything else went backwards sadly.

I do agree, hope some of your wishes come true.

Some will disapear, other will look for an other reason to complain I'm afraid, I think it will go for APS lenses from now on... (just guessing...)

Keit ll
Senior MemberPosts: 2,841Gear list
Like?
In reply to nevercat, 9 months ago

I find the accusation of 'whining' a bit overdone.......  If it were not for legitimate criticisms of camera deficiencies do you really think that Sony would have bothered introducing some of the changes & improvements in the last few years ? OK no camera is perfect but that doesn't mean that we have to passively accept what is given without analysis & comment.

quezra
Senior MemberPosts: 2,598Gear list
Like?
In reply to Keit ll, 9 months ago

Keit ll wrote:

I find the accusation of 'whining' a bit overdone....... If it were not for legitimate criticisms of camera deficiencies do you really think that Sony would have bothered introducing some of the changes & improvements in the last few years ? OK no camera is perfect but that doesn't mean that we have to passively accept what is given without analysis & comment.

Except that is totally not what happened here.

quezra's gear list:quezra's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony Alpha NEX-5N Voigtlander 35mm F1.4 Nokton +7 more
tomtom50
Senior MemberPosts: 2,783Gear list
Like?

abortabort wrote:

The 3n was launched under $500 and was immediately available for $450, and it carried the more expensive kit lens. At that price Sony has to hold back on the goodies.

Prices for good mirrorless have dropped (check E-PM2, Samsung). Sony has to walk a tightrope.

I predict:

• Connectivity (NFC/wi-fi)
  • Touch screen

Simply because these are things people who want something better than their phone care about. Build can decline, controls can continue to suck (I have one and can defend this judgment). Don't rule out a plastic lens mount, which snobbery aside is functionally OK.

tomtom50's gear list:tomtom50's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS M Sony Alpha NEX-3N Sony a6000
Tonkotsu Ramen
Senior MemberPosts: 1,225Gear list
Like?
In reply to DWMurf, 9 months ago

DWMurf wrote:

There isn't anything Sony could add that would make me want to upgrade my like-new 3N. Except if they upgrade the sensor to the full frame sensor from the A7r, I could use my legacy wide angle lenses without the crop factor of an APS-C sensor, and use my telephoto lenses by switching on the crop factor for the added zoom factor. All without an increase in price of course.

-- hide signature --

David

For me, I'd like a capacitive touchscreen, nfc/wifi, smaller body, better grip. Use the newer 20mp sensor (or better), higher burst rate with larger buffer......

but knowing sony, it'll probably just be the same product rehashed and repositioned.. etc etc

Tonkotsu Ramen
Like?

I find it interesting that there were no rumors about this update until ..... the day of the said update

it honestly doesn't seem like SAR knows anything

he just translates stuff he see's on chinese and japanese websites, hoping that one of the rumors may be true

EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 11,547Gear list
Like?
Wishlist

- User interface that at least mimics NEX-6 and ideally a7. Latter is pretty much a guarantee so might not be a wishlist really.
- Hot shoe
- Option to add EVF
- WiFi/NFC
- base ISO 100

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
JurijTurnsek
Regular MemberPosts: 206Gear list
Like?

So, after the new model is released, the NEX-3N will be sold for the amount of SELP1650 lens + digital rear lens cap (how low can the price go).

JurijTurnsek's gear list:JurijTurnsek's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +1 more
PVCdroid
Senior MemberPosts: 2,139Gear list
Like?
In reply to quezra, 9 months ago

quezra wrote:

Keit ll wrote:

I find the accusation of 'whining' a bit overdone....... If it were not for legitimate criticisms of camera deficiencies do you really think that Sony would have bothered introducing some of the changes & improvements in the last few years ? OK no camera is perfect but that doesn't mean that we have to passively accept what is given without analysis & comment.

Except that is totally not what happened here.

Had we been raving about the A3000, this could have been drastically different. We still haven't seen it yet.

PVCdroid's gear list:PVCdroid's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7R
Tonkotsu Ramen
Like?
In reply to JurijTurnsek, 9 months ago

sony controls the pricing.. so probably not

nevercat
Like?
In reply to Keit ll, 9 months ago

Keit ll wrote:

I find the accusation of 'whining' a bit overdone....... If it were not for legitimate criticisms of camera

There is a big diference between legitimate criticism, what is always good. It is very important to Sony to know what users of their cameras find important and what is missing... But what happend here was bejond critisism, it was simply some conspiricy theory that Sony would abandon the Nex style of cameras and only would make DSLR look alike cameras. Something that would be totaly stupid for a company like Sony as the Nex style has many people who loves that small compact type of camera...

deficiencies do you really think that Sony would have bothered introducing some of the changes & improvements in the last few years ?

To be honnest? Yes, Sony has to as other brands are doing the same, so they have to come with new cameras with changes (big or small) just to stay in bussiness. But Yes I do think critisim is good.

OK no camera is perfect but that doesn't mean that we have to passively accept what is given without analysis & comment.

As long as thos commnents and analysis are only to make the camera better, that is a great thing, but when the main purpose of the comments is to make potentional buyers afraid and hold them from buying Sony, well that is a totaly different kind of thing. And that is what was happening here, look at many of the posts of Paralaxproblem and you see what I mean...

alisaad619
Like?
In reply to DWMurf, 9 months ago

DWMurf wrote:

-- hide signature --

David

you are right , for a 3n owner I don't think sony make enough jumb in one iteration , and I think this is a good thing that camera industry don't move as fast as phones industry .

For me , I don't own any NEXs (I have A57) and for some time now I have been wanting to go to something lighter ,so I plan to buy RX100III or Nex 3n successor (I'm going to buy the camera next summer so I have time to wait and see what sony would do in 2014 first half )

alisaad619
Like?
In reply to Tonkotsu Ramen, 9 months ago

Tonkotsu Ramen wrote:

I find it interesting that there were no rumors about this update until ..... the day of the said update

it honestly doesn't seem like SAR knows anything

he just translates stuff he see's on chinese and japanese websites, hoping that one of the rumors may be true

I think SAR get most of his rumors from photographers and dealers who try the cameras before they released , and sony let photographer try gears before the announcement because they need good sample pictures and endorsement , but for lower end models sony don't really need to lend it to any photographers , I think that is why always SAR don't get mid/low-end models information

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads