Started 11 months ago | Discussions
parallaxproblem
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,916Gear list
Like?
Re: Let's wait....
In reply to nevercat, 11 months ago

nevercat wrote:

parallaxproblem wrote:

nevercat wrote:I agree, only question is poor behaviour from who, Sony or the doomsday proclamers?

I guess you think I fall into your second category. How, exactly, is my behaviour 'poor'?

Well you spread fear around for Sony not comming with a new Nex lookalike camera, you use the same arguments over and over again. You come in every post where you can spread your arguments even when the post is not directly about this fear ort the future of the E-mount. Do I have to show you more?

Uh?

Sony have changed the design of their last three E-mount releases and announced that they have dropped the NEX product name without giving any explanation of what this means

The normal, rational response to this situation is to wonder what is happening and to be concerned about the future of NEX-like products

I, and others have highlighted this directly to Sony via their feeback blogs and there has been no response from them

This situation has been 100% created by Sony and now they are the ones that need to rectify it

Complaining my behaviour is frankly absurd

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
sportyaccordy
Senior MemberPosts: 1,485Gear list
Like?
Re: Stagnation of New APS-C Models?
In reply to larrytusaz, 11 months ago

larrytusaz wrote:

I'm not dis-satisfied with my F3

Then why worry about what's coming next?

sportyaccordy's gear list:sportyaccordy's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-C3 +4 more
PVCdroid
Senior MemberPosts: 2,173Gear list
Like?
In reply to sportyaccordy, 11 months ago

I'm happy with the A5000 introduced tonight. Lightweight and minimalist range finder design with the 20mp sensor. Lovely. I was thinking they would have a model with anti-aliasing and one without but that will probably be the 6 and/or 7 designs.

PVCdroid's gear list:PVCdroid's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7R
davect01
Senior MemberPosts: 4,128
Like?
In reply to PVCdroid, 11 months ago

I'm happy with the A5000 introduced tonight. Lightweight and minimalist range finder design with the 20mp sensor. Lovely. I was thinking they would have a model with anti-aliasing and one without but that will probably be the 6 and/or 7 designs.

It is a logical replacement and puts down the "the NEX design is dead" folks.

Great sensor/enhancements and price.
--
Novice photobug. Former 3 and F3 owner. Current proud 6 owner.
http://davesnex-3photos.blogspot.com/

larrytusaz
Senior MemberPosts: 2,216Gear list
Like?
Well Paint Me An Idiot (Re: Stagnation of New APS-C Models?)
In reply to larrytusaz, 11 months ago

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2014/01/07/from-nex-to-alpha-sony-introduces-20-megapixel-a5000?utm_campaign=internal-link&utm_source=news-list&utm_medium=text&ref=title_0_5

The new a5000 (or version 4 of the NEX-3 basically, although the article suggests it's part of the NEX-5 line).

I am not liking the continuation of the 460k LCD (vs 920k) but the update to the 20mp sensor is welcome to bring it closer in line to the 24mp Nikon DSLRs I'd otherwise be using (although the 16mp sensor, also used in the Nikon D7000/D5100, works just fine for me), as well as the built-in Wi-Fi if you need instant sharing capability. If the body size is closer the C3 and 3N size vs the F3 which is a bit large, then that's a big plus as well.

Most of all, it's EXTREMELY welcome to see that the rangefinger-style NEX body form factor is alive & well, as it's absolutely what I do these days. I left Nikon DSLRs behind because the C3 (and now the F3) gave me the same image quality as my D5100 did (or the D7000 would've had I gone that far upmarket at the time) but did so in a much smaller package. I'm somewhat "vested" in the system what with me having the Sigma 30mm f/2.8 (original version) and the Sony 50mm 1.8 OSS.

One minor but important to me touch--it would be nice to see the command dial also able to move the focus-point around, not just the 4-way, it would be somewhat faster.

larrytusaz's gear list:larrytusaz's gear list
Nikon 1 J1 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +1 more
C h u c k K
Regular MemberPosts: 102Gear list
Like?
Re: Mike: just flood the market with mostrosities like a3000...
In reply to captura, 11 months ago

But captura you kept saying the whole thing is dead. So are you here now saying it correctly and finally that just the name is dead. Or are you still in disbelief and just hoping against the A5000 and beyond.

C h u c k K's gear list:C h u c k K's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha NEX-3N
C h u c k K
Regular MemberPosts: 102Gear list
Like?
In reply to captura, 11 months ago

captura wrote:

larrytusaz wrote:

. . .

. . .

It is very questionable as to whether we shall ever see any more NEX-sixe APSC cameras from Sony, ever again. The current supply of NEX's seems to be petering out.

Steve

Well, said, incorrectly again. Now that we have an A5000, will you continue to speak so end-of-the-world-ish about NEX-size APSC cameras from Sony. It is clear that the A5000 leaves plenty of room for a A6000 or more likely A7000 version with a tilting 2.4M pixel EVF and likely a 30 MB sensor, something new, just like the NEX-7 had. Just speculating out-loud.

Personally I hope they get super serious with their next version of NEX without that label:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/52829575 something that will compete and beat the NX30!

C h u c k K's gear list:C h u c k K's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha NEX-3N
quezra
Senior MemberPosts: 3,111Gear list
Like?
In reply to PVCdroid, 11 months ago

PVCdroid wrote:

I'm happy with the A5000 introduced tonight. Lightweight and minimalist range finder design with the 20mp sensor.

It's not a rangefinder design. It's a point-and-shoot design (or brick+lens design) - which everyone explained was going nowhere because there's simply no better way to fit a lens and a rectangular display together. Rangefinder on the other hand has a flush viewfinder somewhere on it.

And those of us who are rational know Sony aren't going to do away with this design either.  I look forward to another panic attack from those who believe otherwise though.

quezra's gear list:quezra's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Sony Alpha NEX-5N +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads