Sample Photos: EM-10 with new Oly 25mm 1.8 lens

Started 9 months ago | Discussions
smithling
Regular MemberPosts: 300Gear list
Like?
9 months ago

From Robin Wong,

" I shall show a few of the images I have taken so far with this new camera, and can you guess which camera and lens combination used to take the following images?"

http://robinwong.blogspot.com/2014/01/guess-what-camera-i-am-reviewing-now.html

stefano888
Senior MemberPosts: 1,007Gear list
Like?
Re: Sample Photos: EM-10 with new Oly 25mm 1.8 lens
In reply to smithling, 9 months ago

Wow!! Thank you.

-- hide signature --

(equipment in profile)
stefano-italy

stefano888's gear list:stefano888's gear list
Olympus E-620 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 8mm 1:3.5 Fisheye +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
photofan1986
Senior MemberPosts: 2,279Gear list
Like?

I highly doubt it, the focal length used in many of those shots is much longer than a 50mm equivalent. That's a very misleading title also.

photofan1986's gear list:photofan1986's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Canon PowerShot S100 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 +6 more
Henry Richardson
Forum ProPosts: 12,842
Like?

I didn't see anything that said the photos were taken using an EM-10 with new Oly 25mm 1.8 lens.

-- hide signature --

Henry Richardson
http://www.bakubo.com

broody
Regular MemberPosts: 366
Like?
In reply to Henry Richardson, 9 months ago

That bokeh blur is too large for a normal lens, this is a telephoto. I wouldn't get too excited that we're seeing images from a new lens, as RW only hints that he's reviewing a body (which is obviously the EM10) and he never alludes that he has an unreleased lens in his hands, so this is probably the 75mm Zuiko. Then again, who knows, we just might be looking at the first images from the 40-150mm Pro lens

smithling
Like?
In reply to photofan1986, 9 months ago

photofan1986 wrote:

I highly doubt it, the focal length used in many of those shots is much longer than a 50mm equivalent.

Perhaps the new Panasonic 42.5/1.2? Knowing who Robin Wong's sponsor is, I doubt it.

Henry Richardson
Like?
Where did you see that he said he was using the E-M10?
In reply to broody, 9 months ago

broody wrote:

That bokeh blur is too large for a normal lens, this is a telephoto. I wouldn't get too excited that we're seeing images from a new lens, as RW only hints that he's reviewing a body (which is obviously the EM10) and he never alludes that he has an unreleased lens in his hands, so this is probably the 75mm Zuiko. Then again, who knows, we just might be looking at the first images from the 40-150mm Pro lens

-- hide signature --

Henry Richardson

smithling
Like?

Yup, I agree. Probably not 50mm FOV. I guess I am too eager for a cheap nifty fifty.

broody
Regular MemberPosts: 366
Like?
Re: Where did you see that he said he was using the E-M10?

Henry Richardson wrote:

broody wrote:

-- hide signature --

Henry Richardson

He just says he's reviewing a camera; the only one we know of that is rumored to be announced/released in January is the EM10, so it's an easy bet that's the one he's talking about.

Henry Richardson
Like?

broody wrote:

He just says he's reviewing a camera; the only one we know of that is rumored to be announced/released in January is the EM10, so it's an easy bet that's the one he's talking about.

Okay, I guess the OP was just meant to drive traffic to that guy's website and nothing else.

-- hide signature --

Henry Richardson

smithling
Like?

Henry Richardson wrote:

broody wrote:

Okay, I guess the OP was just meant to drive traffic to that guy's website and nothing else.

-- hide signature --

Henry Richardson

Wrong guess, Bub. I thought people here would be interested in the article. There is a MICRO FOUR THIRDS sign over this forum's door, is there not?

Henry Richardson
Like?
A reminder...

smithling wrote:

Wrong guess, Bub. I thought people here would be interested in the article. There is a MICRO FOUR THIRDS sign over this forum's door, is there not?

As a reminder to you and everyone else, this is what you wrote:

Then we discover you don't know that it is the E-M10 and you don't know that it is the Oly 25mm 1.8 lens and the blog doesn't say so either. Just a driver to that guy's website.

-- hide signature --

Henry Richardson

mgnff
Junior MemberPosts: 47Gear list
Like?
In reply to photofan1986, 9 months ago

photofan1986 wrote:

I highly doubt it, the focal length used in many of those shots is much longer than a 50mm equivalent. That's a very misleading title also.

I agree. He did say that the images are better than expected, which makes me think that it would not be from a high-end camera.

mgnff's gear list:mgnff's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Nikon Df Canon EOS D30 Nikon D70 Olympus PEN E-P1
Vinc T
Regular MemberPosts: 164
Like?
Mosquito feeding on the parrot!

That shot is great!!!

photofan1986
Senior MemberPosts: 2,279Gear list
Like?
In reply to mgnff, 9 months ago

mgnff wrote:

I agree. He did say that the images are better than expected, which makes me think that it would not be from a high-end camera.

Exactly. I'd say he tested the Stylus 1.

photofan1986's gear list:photofan1986's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Canon PowerShot S100 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 +6 more
stinelise
Regular MemberPosts: 108Gear list
Like?
At least some of us are glad you posted this :) n/t

smithling wrote:

Henry Richardson wrote:

broody wrote:

-- hide signature --

Henry Richardson

stinelise's gear list:stinelise's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +5 more
smithling
Like?
Re: A reminder...

Henry Richardson wrote:

smithling wrote:

As a reminder to you and everyone else, this is what you wrote:

Let me read the article for you since you seemed to have overlooked this;

"Can you guess which camera and lens combination used to take the following images?"

So you have my guess, although for the record, based on some observations made here in the m4/3 forum, I no longer think this is the 50mm fov lens. If you pretend the OP title is a question, then it might live up to your dpreview.com forum title standards, but then again, I doubt it.

Then we discover you don't know that it is the E-M10 and you don't know that it is the Oly 25mm 1.8 lens and the blog doesn't say so either. Just a driver to that guy's website.

Right. I just made 2 cents from all the traffic I sent... You must be fun at parties.

amtberg
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,399
Like?

smithling wrote:

Yup, I agree. Probably not 50mm FOV. I guess I am too eager for a cheap nifty fifty.

In the comments he says he's glad some through f/1.4 into the equation, so a 50/1.4 might not be a bad guess.  He also says it's definitely not a PanLeica, so not the 50/1.2....  Plus, he's and Olympus guy.

smithling
Like?
In reply to amtberg, 9 months ago

amtberg wrote:

smithling wrote:

In the comments he says he's glad some through f/1.4 into the equation, so a 50/1.4 might not be a bad guess. He also says it's definitely not a PanLeica, so not the 50/1.2.... Plus, he's and Olympus guy.

I hope I'm right. I'm in the market for such a set-up.

Jim Salvas
Senior MemberPosts: 2,849Gear list
Like?

In the comments, he pointed out that the bird pics are a clue to the lens. So, M10, with the new pro zoom.

-- hide signature --

Jim Salvas

Jim Salvas's gear list:Jim Salvas's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads