Anyone for Sunday Scapes (2014-01-05) ?

Started 8 months ago | Photos
Kim R
Forum ProPosts: 17,884
Like?
Re: Red Bluff
In reply to mariomirabile, 8 months ago

I think I have heard of this being an area for surfing. Good image.

-- hide signature --

_
( ' >
/ ) )
//'~ KimR
'The very fact that I find myself in agreement with you other minds perturbs me, so that I hunt for points of divergence, feeling the urgent need to make it clear that at least I reached the same conclusions by a different route.'
http://upload.pbase.com/image/73987816.jpg

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Sergey_Green
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,882Gear list
Like?
Very serene images ..
In reply to CollBaxter, 8 months ago

CollBaxter wrote:

E-620 12-60

This was a 20 shoot pano . I shoot 10 shoots very fast one way and then about 10 in reverse going over the same area. I find this sometimes solves the jaggies on the waves it also gives a nice effect in the pools . These where all shoot jpg only due to the speed I required and the small buffer.

I thought you used some very wide lens there, the way the water comes out. Nicely done.

-- hide signature --

- sergey

Sergey_Green's gear list:Sergey_Green's gear list
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
K1W1 55
Regular MemberPosts: 460Gear list
Like?
Re: Sunset looking towards Centre Island from Bluff Hill NZ
In reply to Kim R, 8 months ago

Kim R wrote:

Good capture here. I doubt you could expose any better for that situation.

-- hide signature --

_
( ' >
/ ) )
//'~ KimR
'The very fact that I find myself in agreement with you other minds perturbs me, so that I hunt for points of divergence, feeling the urgent need to make it clear that at least I reached the same conclusions by a different route.'

I am constantly impressed with how the E5 meter does on water, never seems to miss and I do rather a lot of "expose for the reflection in the water" shots it seems.

-- hide signature --

Some Slideshows of a wee bit of my work, more to be added if I ever sort out my music rights issues.
http://www.youtube.com/user/truder55/videos

K1W1 55's gear list:K1W1 55's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus E-510 Olympus E-5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +20 more
John Byrne
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,852
Like?
Re: Col

#1 is an exceptionally well balanced and beautiful scape, pick of the bunch from my perspective.

HNY,

JB

John Byrne
Like?
Re: Kim,

From what I've been reading and hearing the weather is particularly cold with heavy snows in certain parts of the States but not so near to you it seems. Is it that when the fires went through they exposed these rocky outcrops and they have not re generated yet, or is there some other explanatition.

I enjoyed your image.

HNY,

JB

John Byrne
Like?
Re: Gidday George.
In reply to Canadian Club, 8 months ago

Been some time since we last had any contact, hope you are OK. See you're still at it producing nice interesting shots.

HNY Mate,

John.

mariomirabile
Senior MemberPosts: 1,279Gear list
Like?
Re: Red Bluff

Kim R wrote:

I think I have heard of this being an area for surfing. Good image.

Thanks Kim. There may be a Red Bluff somewhere with good surf, but it's not this one. Red Bluff, being a fairly descriptive and generic name, had been applied to various locations around Australia. Port Phillip is a large mostly land-locked bay and not being exposed to the ocean swell has no surf to speak of.

-- hide signature --
mariomirabile
Like?
Re: Some stuff from Cape Town.

Really like the pano Col. Great detail and color.

-- hide signature --
mariomirabile
Like?
Re: Ambassador Bridge.

Canadian Club wrote:

Hi: Been awhile. Nice to see some of the old OLY "gang" posting.

And nice to hear from you again George. Interesting treatment of the subject, but where's the chaser?

-- hide signature --
Kim R
Forum ProPosts: 17,884
Like?
JB
In reply to John Byrne, 8 months ago

John Byrne wrote:

From what I've been reading and hearing the weather is particularly cold with heavy snows in certain parts of the States but not so near to you it seems. Is it that when the fires went through they exposed these rocky outcrops and they have not re generated yet, or is there some other explanatition.

I enjoyed your image.

HNY,

JB

It has been cold here and in Oregon in general but little snow. Actually Oregon's snow-pack is way below average and that is pretty much for the whole state. Some of the areas in the Cascade Mountains to the East side of the state are far below average and even at around 1/3 of what they had last year.

Here at the south end of the Blue Mountains snow is ... not much at all. Usually at this time of year this area, the spot that I took the image from would not be accessible because of deep snow and there is none up there presently. So this year and unless we get the snow soon and have a very wet spring summer is going to be a very dry one indeed. Forecast for the next 10 days or so says some snow ... maybe but it does not look that it will amount to much.

This rock outcropping was before 1992 surrounded and covered by huge Yellow Pine and the fire burned quite hot and took most all of them from the area. There was some reforestation done but not nearly enough. It really seems to me (my humble opinion) that our "Forest Circus" would rather waste the dollars on working on closing our public access to our National Forest rather then putting it into our other resources such as reforestation which would be better use. In 2007 (i think that was the date) another fire burned through part of the 1992 burn and I do not believe the "Forest Circus" has done any reforestation at all in the area since that second fire.
_
( ' >
/ ) )
//'~ KimR

Waynecam
Forum ProPosts: 12,699Gear list
Like?
Hi George,

Nice to hear from you after a long absence. I was disappointed in your picture though . It wasn't taken from the air and there was no chaser insight !!

-- hide signature --
Bruce Clarke
Senior MemberPosts: 2,559Gear list
Like?
Oxford college and a splash of colour
In reply to Sergey_Green, 8 months ago

Leonard Wolfson Auditorium, Wolfson College in Oxford designed by Alan Berman of Berman Guedes Stretton. 12-60mm on the E-M1.

A nearby splash of autumn.

Bruce

-- hide signature --
 Bruce Clarke's gear list:Bruce Clarke's gear list
Olympus E-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 +6 more
Bruce Clarke
Senior MemberPosts: 2,559Gear list
Like?
Re: Winter

Wonderful scene, where is it?

Bruce

-- hide signature --
 Bruce Clarke's gear list:Bruce Clarke's gear list
Olympus E-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 +6 more
faith_ps
Senior MemberPosts: 1,101Gear list
Like?
The Lighthouse

The lighthouse

Jakop

-- hide signature --

The saxophone is a very interesting machine, but I'm more interested in music.
Steve Lacy quotes

faith_ps's gear list:faith_ps's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital Sigma DP3 Merrill Leica X Vario Olympus Stylus 1 Canon EOS 5D Mark II +17 more
minniev
Senior MemberPosts: 1,414
Like?
Re: frozen dawn in Mississippi -
In reply to stiger, 8 months ago

stiger wrote:

How often does this happen?

About once every 10 years.

19andrew47
Forum ProPosts: 12,426Gear list
Like?
Re: Stony Kill Falls--2
In reply to dharma108, 8 months ago

Checked this out through google.  The one site I visited made a big thing out of being prepared to see naked bathers in the falls.  I'm guessing this wasn't a problem on this visit, but you never no where those polar bear swimmers will turn up.  Still it would be quite a walk back to their vehicle after the dip!

Andrew

19andrew47
Like?
Re: Weyburn Courthouse in Summer.
In reply to PinoC, 8 months ago

The capture date shows up as Jan 5th but that is obviously wrong!!!!  Do you have one from Jan 5, 2014 for comparison?  I am sure it would be much different.  A nice looking building and love the green grass.  Wish that is what it looked like here outside now!

Andrew

19andrew47
Like?
Re: Ambassador Bridge.

Have seen it a couple of times and driven over it twice on the way to and from the Detroit airport. It looks very nice from the location where you took the image and not so nice from the line of traffic I was in.

Andrew

Canadian Club, who needs a chaser!

19andrew47
Like?
Re: Some stuff from Cape Town.

Collin, I assume you take pictures of birds and wildlife because you enjoy it a lot.  We don't get to see much your other images and that is a shame because they are without exception excellent!

Andrew

19andrew47
Like?
Re: Rock Outcropping

An interesting and unusual view.

Andrew

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads