Sony a7 and Panasonic GX7: Two Cameras sitting on my desk. Must return one.

Started 10 months ago | Discussions
SMD79
New MemberPosts: 23
Like?
Sony a7 and Panasonic GX7: Two Cameras sitting on my desk. Must return one.
10 months ago

I can't decide which to return. And I have about 3 days remaining to decide.

I'll say this upfront...I'm pretty new to photography. My background is in video. Wanted a great, lightweight, camera with FAST AUTOFOCUS to shoot my kids both at play and also for headshots. Also wanted a camera that can shoot 1080p24 and 1080p60 just in case I needed an emergency backup camera for my video work. I had a budget of around $1500.

The Sony a7 w/ 28-70mm kit lens - My first choice. I could afford it only because my brother works for Sony so I got $35% off. Woohoo! I was so excited to get it.

The Panasonic GX7 - Took me by surprise. I immediately fell in love with how fast the autofocus was. I got the 14-42mm kit lens along with a 45mm 1.8 lens for headshots. I'm bummed that there is no mic input for video but its not the end of the world. I LOVE the Autofocus speed. I love how the shutter button is less "squishy". I love how I can get some great fast lenses for not "that" much and still have a great shallow DOF. I currently have the kit lens, the 45mm 1.8 and will be receiving the 25mm 1.4 in two days. I debated getting the 12-35mm 2.8 instead of the 25mm, but it was too much for me right now.

I was set to return the Sony a7, or better yet, sell it with all the accessories (flash, extra battery, etc.) and make a few hundred buck in the process. I put the ad on Craigslist and had 2 offers right away.

But then I played with it some more and now I'm starting to really like it.

The Sony a7 - I love the EVF. Both cameras have great EVF's and LCD's. The GX7 is touchscreen, but that's not too big of a deal to me. Saves time when deleting clips mostly and then there's the touch focus which is nice. But the GX7 has an odd shaped 16:9 viewfinder which is hard to look through in my opinion. Maybe it's cuz I have long eyelashes and they hit the viewfinder but it's harder to look through. Got an eyecup on the way that may solve this issue. We'll see. I also really like the grip on the a7. It's a bit heavier, but in a good way. Remember, I don't have experience with any other photo cameras minus a Canon S95 point-and-shoot. Also, knowing that should I ever need the camera for backup for my "real video work" it does have a mic input as well as headphone jack and HDMI out which is great. I also like where the AF/AEL lock button is compared to the GX7. Naturally closer to my thumb which makes it easy. Both cameras are highly customizable which is nice.

CHRISTMAS -  I spent Christmas day with the Sony a7, but I'm so new to all this that I really didn't have time to explore it. Most of my shots were indoors of my kid (2 year old) and it was a bit frustrating and slow to focus. Definitely slower AF than the GX7. So I put it down for a week. Today I picked it up and played with it again for about 4 hours outside and quickly realized in daylight it's AF was pretty close to the GX7, if not the same. It's only in low light where the GX7 AF soars way beyond the Sony. Is it the kit lens that causes the slower AF in low light? Is it the camera? Not sure. But this is HUGE and really the only reason I'm considering selling it. Well, that, and it's gonna cost quite a bit to get some good fast lenses. I see that Samyang/Rokinon/Bower have released full frame e-mount fast primes (the 85mm 1.4 seems like it'd be a great headshot lens, no?) but I can't figure out which ones are for the a7 and I'm not sure how I'd be without autofocus.

Today I got MUCH quicker with the Sony a7 and my wife is probably gonna punch me when she hears that now I'm debating keeping it since I told her that I'd stop "debating" this and keep the GX7 just two days ago. Then again, it's night time now and the GX7 will probably start to shine over the a7.

So I have to return one soon. I'm literally 50-50 today. Yesterday I was 70% certain that I was keeping the GX7. Damn.

BY THE NUMBERS:

Panasonic GX7 w/ 14-42mm kit lens and extra battery, UV filters + 45mm 1.8, 25mm 1.4 = $1900 minus $400 (I'd make by selling the brand new Sony a7 with kit lens, extra battery and HVL-f20m flash)  TOTAL = $1500.

Sony a7 w/ kit lens, extra battery, HVL-f20m flash (minus Sony discount) TOTAL = $1550 (still need a good relatively fast portrait lens for shallow DOF headshots)

Not sure if writing this will help any, but I've read a ton and this site seems to be helpful sometimes for people making photography decisions. I also realize this is the Sony thread so I'm guessing I'll get more stick with Sony responses, but still it'll all help. Thanks!

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
neil holmes
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,405
Like?
Re: Sony a7 and Panasonic GX7: Two Cameras sitting on my desk. Must return one.
In reply to SMD79, 10 months ago

SMD79 wrote:

I'll say this upfront...I'm pretty new to photography. My background is in video. Wanted a great, lightweight, camera with FAST AUTOFOCUS to shoot my kids both at play and also for headshots. Also wanted a camera that can shoot 1080p24 and 1080p60 just in case I needed an emergency backup camera for my video work. I had a budget of around $1500.

The Sony a7 w/ 28-70mm kit lens - My first choice. I could afford it only because my brother works for Sony so I got $35% off. Woohoo! I was so excited to get it.

The Panasonic GX7 - Took me by surprise. I immediately fell in love with how fast the autofocus was. I got the 14-42mm kit lens along with a 45mm 1.8 lens for headshots. I'm bummed that there is no mic input for video but its not the end of the world. I LOVE the Autofocus speed. I love how the shutter button is less "squishy". I love how I can get some great fast lenses for not "that" much and still have a great shallow DOF. I currently have the kit lens, the 45mm 1.8 and will be receiving the 25mm 1.4 in two days. I debated getting the 12-35mm 2.8 instead of the 25mm, but it was too much for me right now.

I was set to return the Sony a7, or better yet, sell it with all the accessories (flash, extra battery, etc.) and make a few hundred buck in the process. I put the ad on Craigslist and had 2 offers right away.

The Sony a7 - I love the EVF. Both cameras have great EVF's and LCD's. The GX7 is touchscreen, but that's not too big of a deal to me. Saves time when deleting clips mostly and then there's the touch focus which is nice. But the GX7 has an odd shaped 16:9 viewfinder which is hard to look through in my opinion. Maybe it's cuz I have long eyelashes and they hit the viewfinder but it's harder to look through. Got an eyecup on the way that may solve this issue. We'll see. I also really like the grip on the a7. It's a bit heavier, but in a good way. Remember, I don't have experience with any other photo cameras minus a Canon S95 point-and-shoot. Also, knowing that should I ever need the camera for backup for my "real video work" it does have a mic input as well as headphone jack and HDMI out which is great. I also like where the AF/AEL lock button is compared to the GX7. Naturally closer to my thumb which makes it easy. Both cameras are highly customizable which is nice.

CHRISTMAS - I spent Christmas day with the Sony a7, but I'm so new to all this that I really didn't have time to explore it. Most of my shots were indoors of my kid (2 year old) and it was a bit frustrating and slow to focus. Definitely slower AF than the GX7. So I put it down for a week. Today I picked it up and played with it again for about 4 hours outside and quickly realized in daylight it's AF was pretty close to the GX7, if not the same. It's only in low light where the GX7 AF soars way beyond the Sony. Is it the kit lens that causes the slower AF in low light? Is it the camera? Not sure. But this is HUGE and really the only reason I'm considering selling it. Well, that, and it's gonna cost quite a bit to get some good fast lenses. I see that Samyang/Rokinon/Bower have released full frame e-mount fast primes (the 85mm 1.4 seems like it'd be a great headshot lens, no?) but I can't figure out which ones are for the a7 and I'm not sure how I'd be without autofocus.

Today I got MUCH quicker with the Sony a7 and my wife is probably gonna punch me when she hears that now I'm debating keeping it since I told her that I'd stop "debating" this and keep the GX7 just two days ago. Then again, it's night time now and the GX7 will probably start to shine over the a7.

So I have to return one soon. I'm literally 50-50 today. Yesterday I was 70% certain that I was keeping the GX7. Damn.

BY THE NUMBERS:

Panasonic GX7 w/ 14-42mm kit lens and extra battery, UV filters + 45mm 1.8, 25mm 1.4 = $1900 minus $400 (I'd make by selling the brand new Sony a7 with kit lens, extra battery and HVL-f20m flash) TOTAL = $1500.

Sony a7 w/ kit lens, extra battery, HVL-f20m flash (minus Sony discount) TOTAL = $1550 (still need a good relatively fast portrait lens for shallow DOF headshots)

Not sure if writing this will help any, but I've read a ton and this site seems to be helpful sometimes for people making photography decisions. I also realize this is the Sony thread so I'm guessing I'll get more stick with Sony responses, but still it'll all help. Thanks!

I feel for you,

I have both of them on my desk and they are both staying put!

They compliment each other very nicely.....one is a GREAT camera with a good sensor, the other a good camera with a GREAT sensor.....I like each more and more each day flaws and all.

Plus they can both take the same manual focus legacy lenses for a different look....

It doesn't help but I could not decide.......

Can't you just sell the Sony and get others cheap until you have paid for one with the differences?

ANY cheap 2.8 or faster, 50mm (actually probably 55mm) or longer should be great as a portrait lens... will give you shallow dof compared to the m4/3....many are cheap enough (or free from family or friends cupboards) to try with little loss if no good.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
zilver
Contributing MemberPosts: 524Gear list
Like?

Sounds like for your use GX7 would be better.

Faster focus, larger depth of field, availability and price of lens of the GX7 all plays to your needs.

zilver's gear list:zilver's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Olympus OM-D E-M10 Sony Alpha 7S Leica T
GaryW
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,219Gear list
Like?

This really doesn't answer your question, but the Nex-6 might have been a better comparison to the GX7.  That and extra lenses and flash would come out to a similar price, maybe less with a discount.

Too bad about the AF on the A7.  You pay a penalty for the FF sensor in higher price for the camera and lenses. ...and I guess the AF.  If you don't need the higher IQ, you probably are better served by another camera.

-- hide signature --

Gary W.

GaryW's gear list:GaryW's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-V3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5 +12 more
Clayton1985
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,975
Like?

It sounds like maybe the GX7 is a better fit but you really can't compare the two adequately when you have only the kit lens for the A7.

ravinj
Regular MemberPosts: 456Gear list
Like?

Keep the GX7 if you need fast AF, good image and video quality.

Keep the A7 if you want the best possible image quality - no other camera in its size or price range comes close, except its sibling A7R. In fact no camera in 35MM format except Nikon D800/E can compete with the A7 duo. The so called A7 "kit" lens is actually VERY good.

Check out http://www.getdpi.com/forum/sony/ for samples with the Sony A7(R) and kit lens.

-- hide signature --

R.

ravinj's gear list:ravinj's gear list
Leica S2 Sony Alpha 7 Leica Summicron-M 28mm f/2 ASPH Leica Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4 ASPH Leica Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH +4 more
miro3
Senior MemberPosts: 1,930Gear list
Like?
In reply to neil holmes, 10 months ago

neil holmes wrote:

SMD79 wrote:

I'll say this upfront...I'm pretty new to photography. My background is in video. Wanted a great, lightweight, camera with FAST AUTOFOCUS to shoot my kids both at play and also for headshots. Also wanted a camera that can shoot 1080p24 and 1080p60 just in case I needed an emergency backup camera for my video work. I had a budget of around $1500.

The Sony a7 w/ 28-70mm kit lens - My first choice. I could afford it only because my brother works for Sony so I got $35% off. Woohoo! I was so excited to get it.

CHRISTMAS - I spent Christmas day with the Sony a7, but I'm so new to all this that I really didn't have time to explore it. Most of my shots were indoors of my kid (2 year old) and it was a bit frustrating and slow to focus. Definitely slower AF than the GX7. So I put it down for a week. Today I picked it up and played with it again for about 4 hours outside and quickly realized in daylight it's AF was pretty close to the GX7, if not the same. It's only in low light where the GX7 AF soars way beyond the Sony. Is it the kit lens that causes the slower AF in low light? Is it the camera? Not sure. But this is HUGE and really the only reason I'm considering selling it. Well, that, and it's gonna cost quite a bit to get some good fast lenses. I see that Samyang/Rokinon/Bower have released full frame e-mount fast primes (the 85mm 1.4 seems like it'd be a great headshot lens, no?) but I can't figure out which ones are for the a7 and I'm not sure how I'd be without autofocus.

BY THE NUMBERS:

Panasonic GX7 w/ 14-42mm kit lens and extra battery, UV filters + 45mm 1.8, 25mm 1.4 = $1900 minus $400 (I'd make by selling the brand new Sony a7 with kit lens, extra battery and HVL-f20m flash) TOTAL = $1500.

I feel for you,

They compliment each other very nicely.....one is a GREAT camera with a good sensor, the other a good camera with a GREAT sensor.....I like each more and more each day flaws and all.

Plus they can both take the same manual focus legacy lenses for a different look....

Can't you just sell the Sony and get others cheap until you have paid for one with the differences?

+1

ANY cheap 2.8 or faster, 50mm (actually probably 55mm) or longer should be great as a portrait lens... will give you shallow dof compared to the m4/3....many are cheap enough (or free from family or friends cupboards) to try with little loss if no good.

miro3's gear list:miro3's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
tesilab
Senior MemberPosts: 1,992Gear list
Like?

GX7 for getting the shot. A7 if you are addicted to higher IQ even at the cost of not getting the shot in many situations.

Since the GX7 has a much smaller sensor it has an AF advantage the A7 is not going to overcome--not without the LAEA4 adapter and some Alpha lenses.

tesilab's gear list:tesilab's gear list
Sony RX1 Sony Alpha NEX-5 Carl Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 2/100 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN +11 more
captura
Forum ProPosts: 15,201Gear list
Like?
In reply to GaryW, 10 months ago

GaryW wrote:

This really doesn't answer your question, but the Nex-6 might have been a better comparison to the GX7. That and extra lenses and flash would come out to a similar price, maybe less with a discount.

Too bad about the AF on the A7. You pay a penalty for the FF sensor in higher price for the camera and lenses. ...and I guess the AF. If you don't need the higher IQ, you probably are better served by another camera.

-- hide signature --

Gary W.

The GX7 is a flawed camera but the A7, even more so. For the same money you could buy a Sony NEX-7 and a NEX-6, both.

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Samsung NX1000 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +10 more
SMD79
Like?
In reply to neil holmes, 10 months ago

neil holmes wrote:

I feel for you,

Yeah, trust me, I've thought about just buying and selling a few cameras and making all the money I'd need to get whatever I want...but it's my brother that works for Sony and I don't want to get him in trouble. Not that they'd care or even notice unless I was really buying a lot. But the extra $400-500 that I'll make will make my wife happy.

Regarding the NEX6, that was my first choice until the a7 came along, then I never looked back. Besides I think the GX7 has even faster AF and fast and longer lenses are more prevalent in the M43 family.

Like I said, today I got a chance for the first time really to play with the a7 in daylight and really mess around with it and I liked it a lot. It fits my hands better than the GX7. But my wife likes the GX7 because it's a bit smaller. Maybe I'll go GX7 and then hope later this year another M43 camera comes along that I can swap it out for. Perhaps a GX7 with better stabilization (closer to Olympus levels), a mic input, and weather sealing, and hopefully a square viewfinder (although I'm still holding out hope that the little GX7 eyecup that I just ordered from B&H will solve my issue with it. Maybe then I could buy another Sony camera, sell it and use that to make up the difference.

I'm thinking that maybe I'll run over to a camera store and try out the 55 1.8 FE lens first just to see what I'm missing. I can't really afford that right now (and for some reason my brother's discount doesn't apply to the new FE lenses). We'll see.

As of 11:28pm PST, I'm now 60% certain I'm keeping the GX7.

greypixelz
Forum MemberPosts: 69Gear list
Like?
keep the A7, sell it online and get a RX10...

As long as you got the A7 for 2/3 the actual market price, you could sell it for a consistent profit. You could then put that money towards a more all-in-one package like the RX10 (which you could presumably get for a discount as well).

greypixelz's gear list:greypixelz's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd NEX5R Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Voigtlander 40mm F2 Ultron SL II
zither
Regular MemberPosts: 172Gear list
Like?

SMD79 wrote:

neil holmes wrote:

I feel for you,

Yeah, trust me, I've thought about just buying and selling a few cameras and making all the money I'd need to get whatever I want...but it's my brother that works for Sony and I don't want to get him in trouble. Not that they'd care or even notice unless I was really buying a lot. But the extra $400-500 that I'll make will make my wife happy.

Regarding the NEX6, that was my first choice until the a7 came along, then I never looked back. Besides I think the GX7 has even faster AF and fast and longer lenses are more prevalent in the M43 family.

Like I said, today I got a chance for the first time really to play with the a7 in daylight and really mess around with it and I liked it a lot. It fits my hands better than the GX7. But my wife likes the GX7 because it's a bit smaller. Maybe I'll go GX7 and then hope later this year another M43 camera comes along that I can swap it out for. Perhaps a GX7 with better stabilization (closer to Olympus levels), a mic input, and weather sealing, and hopefully a square viewfinder (although I'm still holding out hope that the little GX7 eyecup that I just ordered from B&H will solve my issue with it. Maybe then I could buy another Sony camera, sell it and use that to make up the difference.

I'm thinking that maybe I'll run over to a camera store and try out the 55 1.8 FE lens first just to see what I'm missing. I can't really afford that right now (and for some reason my brother's discount doesn't apply to the new FE lenses). We'll see.

As of 11:28pm PST, I'm now 60% certain I'm keeping the GX7.

I came from Olympus family, which is similar to Panasonic gears. M43 is already a very mature system, such as GX7 or EM1, but eventually stuck with the small heart size.

The answer is simple. If you would invest more lens in a long term future, A7 or Canon/Nikon FF camera is the way. With M43, no matter what premium lens, you will always peek full-frame sensor in your heart, but not vice versa.

In reality, if I were you, I would buy two (or as many as you can) A7, keep one for myself, and sell the rest

zither's gear list:zither's gear list
Sony RX100 II Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +2 more
Tom Ames
Contributing MemberPosts: 716Gear list
Like?

If you have bought both, you should keep both. Don't let the store get a used one, back from you.

Tom Ames's gear list:Tom Ames's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +3 more
nevercat
Senior MemberPosts: 2,874
Like?
There is no such thing as a perfect camera!

Every camera has it flaws. One is to big, the other to small. One is better for tele work the other better at wide angles one....

And there is nobody on this forum that can tell you what camera is best for you. Looking at your main complaint about the A7, the solution might be the LA-EA4 adapter, you will win in fast AF and a lot of nice AF lenses in all classes.

The Panasonic is a great camera too, a smaller sensor, so tele lenses will have more reach and the build in IS is a good thing there. But when you don't like the grip and the EVF that will be something that bothers you for ever. Don't expect that this will be adressed in a ew version of this camera, only look what is available today (the same goes for lenses and things on both systems).

PersonalyI think the FF camera might be a big overkill for you, you could look at other offerings too, like the Nex6 or 7, a Nikon 1, or the Olympus OM-D 1 or 5.

icycool123
Regular MemberPosts: 164Gear list
Like?
Re: There is no such thing as a perfect camera!
In reply to nevercat, 10 months ago

Learn how to use focus peaking. In low light mf is often faster than af. Also no missing on the focus point.

SMD79
Like?
In reply to zither, 10 months ago

zither wrote:

The answer is simple. If you would invest more lens in a long term future, A7 or Canon/Nikon FF camera is the way. With M43, no matter what premium lens, you will always peek full-frame sensor in your heart, but not vice versa.

In reality, if I were you, I would buy two (or as many as you can) A7, keep one for myself, and sell the rest

Yeah, the "this is my chance" to afford a nice FF camera keeps popping into my head. Now I'm down to 55% likely to keep the GX7.

As for the RX10, that's a nice option indeed especially for video, but my primary purpose is photos with this camera and I wanted the shallower DOF for portraits/headshots. There's a lot to like about the RX10, and I'm not sure how fast the AF is compared to these other options but I do know that the RX10 at 90mm f/2.8 (35mm equiv.) is roughly equal (in DOF terms) to my M43 45mm at f4. And I can go all the way down to 1.8 with that lens. Your post made me really reconsider everything since the RX10 does have several VERY nice features, but I think the shallower DOF and also portability of the GX7 and even the Sony a7 win out over the RX10's nice fast lens, long zoom range and great video features.

Again, I may sell the Sony and then get another one later. I don't feel comfortable buying and selling multiple cameras using my brother's account. One or two, maybe. But multiple...eh, not so much. (Though tempting for sure). He gets 25% off cameras and 40% off accessories, and occasionally there's an additional 10% off everything for like 1 or 2 days randomly. That's when I jumped on the Sony a7 just before Christmas when that extra 10% hit. ... Granted, I still have to find someone wanting to buy the camera/extra battery/flash but I don't think that should be too hard (I hope). I've already had 2 offers near full price, I just held off for the moment. We'll see.

Much still to consider.

SMD79
Like?
In reply to Tom Ames, 10 months ago

Tom Ames wrote:

If you have bought both, you should keep both. Don't let the store get a used one, back from you.

Gonna either return the GX7 to B&H within a few days (30 day policy) or sell the Sony a7 online. Can't keep both, need $1500 back somehow.

SMD79
Like?
In reply to nevercat, 10 months ago

nevercat wrote:

And there is nobody on this forum that can tell you what camera is best for you. Looking at your main complaint about the A7, the solution might be the LA-EA4 adapter, you will win in fast AF and a lot of nice AF lenses in all classes.

Wait, so using that adapter (which I'd get for 40% off) increases the AF on the a7? I know there are some nice A Mount lenses for sure, but I didn't think that the adapter would actually speed up the autofocus on the a7. Any videos/reviews out there that prove this? That would be fascinating and worth considering for sure.

PersonalyI think the FF camera might be a big overkill for you, you could look at other offerings too, like the Nex6 or 7, a Nikon 1, or the Olympus OM-D 1 or 5.

Not gonna do the NEX7, wanted a EVF. NEX6 was okay but not thrilled with the lens offerings. Nikon 1 has the same issue I have with the RX10 and it doesn't have the video specs I'd like...and the Olympus cameras also fail in the video category. If the EM1 or OM-D had 1080p24 and 1080p60 then I'd really consider them, but until that happens, I have to rule them out. FF camera might be overkill for me today, but as a videographer looking to get into stills a bit more, I'm a fast learner. Even the last 24 hours I've come a LONG way in how fast I am with the Sony.

As for peaking, I love it. Use it lots in both MF and DMF modes. The two cameras seem to both work well with peaking but sometimes I hold the GX7 and think "eh, the Sony's peaking is better/more pronounced" and other times I think the opposite. Either way, its a great feature to have and it is the reason I'd consider getting a less expensive manual focus prime like the new 85mm 1.4 made for the Sony e Mount full frame cameras.

nevercat
Senior MemberPosts: 2,874
Like?

The LA-EA4 adapter has the PDAF module and a translucent mirror build in. AF is done with this module as fast as an A58 Sony DSLR. Best thing you could do is try it in a shop, so you will see how fast it works for you.

Hopethis will help.

quezra
Senior MemberPosts: 2,887Gear list
Like?

For your purposes, I'd keep the GX7 and sell the A7 for a nice profit.  You will take at least a year before you get the most out of the GX7, and you'll be under-utilizing the A7 even more.  A FF system is also far more expensive to build than M4/3 or APSC, and you will find this out in the long run, which at your stage of learning may end up being a bad decision.

P.S. The lens that comes with the NEX-6 is built for compactness, not IQ, but if you want a serious zoom, the 16-70/4 Zeiss zoom is very hard to beat.

quezra's gear list:quezra's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony Alpha NEX-5N Voigtlander 35mm F1.4 Nokton +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads