Started 6 months ago | Discussions
BryanJ
Forum MemberPosts: 75Gear list
Like?
Re: Post YOUR Fun Macros from 2013. . .
In reply to nizios, 6 months ago

nizios wrote:

Ant

This is just awesome. I struggle to even get the most blurry shots of our tiny ants here. I hope I can get something half as good as this. The details on the ant's body are amazing.

BryanJ's gear list:BryanJ's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S1000fd Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Gordon W
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,456Gear list
Like?
In reply to BryanJ, 6 months ago

BryanJ wrote:

I bought a Polaroid 500D after seeing your photos online a little while back and am very happy about that choice over going straight to the Raynox. I am waiting on my 250D in the mail. I was wondering how you think stacking these lenses works out, I have cheap closeup set as well and it seems the +1 doesn't cause too much havoc but the other diopters cause too much chromatic and optical distortions. With the 250D/500D staked and was just wondering how useful you find it. I know I still don't have the Canon lenses but it should be similar I think. I guess the last thing is do you think there is still room for the Raynox 250 after having these two lenses already? Thanks!

From what I can tell (not being very scientific), stacking the 250D with the 500D allows you to zoom in more from the same shooting distance as you can with just one or the other of the lenses alone, so this gives you greater magnification which makes stacking them useful. I don't normally need that much magnification for the macro photos I shoot, but it's nice to have the option.

I have no personal experience with the Raynox, so don't know if having one would benefit someone having both the 250D and 500D. I expect it would, but that's pure speculation.

-- hide signature --

Regards, Gordon
_
Photography since 1950 • Digital since 1999
My online photo galleries

Gordon W's gear list:Gordon W's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F550 EXR Canon PowerShot S100 Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60) Canon EOS 400D +4 more
nizios
Forum MemberPosts: 70
Like?
In reply to BryanJ, 6 months ago

BryanJ, Orion12 - thank you very much!

All photos were taken with S200EXR, Raynox DCR-250 (or DCR-150), Yongnuo Speedlite 460 IIĀ  and homemade diffuser.

Cheers,

nizios

jcmarfilph
Senior MemberPosts: 7,592Gear list
Like?
In reply to Gordon W, 6 months ago

Gordon W wrote:

With the HS50 and either Canon 500-D or 250-D closeup lens or both stacked...

Seedy Dandelion

400 ISO 1/120s Exposure f/4.5 Aperture 21.6mm Focal Length FinePix HS50EXR Camera

Dewy Web

125 ISO 1/80s Exposure f/5.6 Aperture 119.3mm Focal Length FinePix HS50EXR Camera

Dragonfly Closeup

125 ISO 1/110s Exposure f/7.1 Aperture 166.6mm Focal Length FinePix HS50EXR Camera

Hanging On

Dragonfly On A Lilac

Ant On A Dandelion

Rose Thorns

Damselfly Closeup

100 ISO 1/500s Exposure f/5.6 Aperture 185mm Focal Length FinePix HS50EXR Camera

-- hide signature --

Regards, Gordon
_
Photography since 1950 • Digital since 1999
My online photo galleries

All excellent Gordon but the two are my faves!

-=[ Joms ]=-

jcmarfilph's gear list:jcmarfilph's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR +1 more
jcmarfilph
Senior MemberPosts: 7,592Gear list
Like?
In reply to KKJohn, 6 months ago

KKJohn wrote:

Looked pretty vicious in the tank. Glad he was tied up. But sure was delicious on the plate!

Before I turned into a monkey, I was a beautiful pink lotus flower.

Into the depths- "a universe in a grain of sand".

Hey- you disturbed my sleep!

Don't get too close , sunny Jim!

I've got these big pincers just ready to take a bite out of you!

Is that a nice big smile, or are you getting ready to attack? Luckily, he/she turned and ran- guess the ugly mug of the X10 was too much for him/her.

Fascinating captures. Those 3 are on the top of my faves!

-=[ Joms ]=-

jcmarfilph's gear list:jcmarfilph's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads