Regular MemberPosts: 269Gear list
Like?
It´s a dogs life….another Df thread;)
9 months ago

Hey…that camera looks retro...

Rolf_52's gear list:Rolf_52's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Nikon Coolpix A Nikon D800E Nikon Df Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | S
Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Truman Prevatt
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,797Gear list
Like?
Re: It´s a dogs life….another Df thread;)
In reply to Rolf_52, 9 months ago

Rolf_52 wrote:

I see Russel has a big place in your heart.  I notice his picture is also over the bed ;-)!

-- hide signature --

Truman
www.pbase.com/tprevatt

Truman Prevatt's gear list:Truman Prevatt's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 135mm f/2D DC Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
4x5 Guy
Senior MemberPosts: 1,101
Like?

I'm curious. What df features does this snap illustrate?

Would the image look different if taken with a D800 or a Canon, and if so, how would it look different?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

PerL
Forum ProPosts: 12,656
Like?
In reply to 4x5 Guy, 9 months ago

4x5 Guy wrote:

Would the image look different if taken with a D800 or a Canon, and if so, how would it look different?

Well, it shows IS0 2000 performance which should be better than than D800 and any Canon. Colors and WB indoors are shown. Its actually a pretty nice shot with creamy nice short DOF of a 35 at 1.6. Its good to be reminded that that the DF is an awesome picture taking machine what ever one thinks of other aspects of it.

Rolf_52
Like?
In reply to Truman Prevatt, 9 months ago

Truman Prevatt wrote:

Rolf_52 wrote:

I see Russel has a big place in your heart. I notice his picture is also over the bed ;-)!

-- hide signature --

Truman
www.pbase.com/tprevatt

Thanks Truman…Russel is actually a Danish-Swedish Farmdog…and very clever and curious…he immediately noticed that the chrome version Df was a new camera…but honestly speaking is even more interested in the activities in our kitchen….

Regards,

Rolf

PS my wife did the portrait on the wall

backayonder
Senior MemberPosts: 1,086Gear list
Like?
In reply to PerL, 9 months ago

A lovely image with the small depth of field and colour tone. Nice pose too by Russell.

Funny but the bed looks very similar to our Tasmanian Oak one and similar colour duvet. Coincidentally there was a dog on our bed too this morning. Our 34kg Lab managed to sneak in and jump on and wake me up!

-- hide signature --
Rolf_52
Like?
In reply to 4x5 Guy, 9 months ago

4x5 Guy wrote:

I think PerL pretty much summed up the features of Df that my image might illustrate…my personal experience is that Df is noticeably superior to D800 in low light and that AF is very snappy and accurate….

however, my main intention was to just post an image which I personally find humorous…also I prefer threads posting images rather than reading about sour grapes from people about equipment they don't have any experience with…

…there are so many cameras that I would not consider based on specs but I don't spend any energy posting about them

Rolf_52
Like?

PerL wrote:

4x5 Guy wrote:

Well, it shows IS0 2000 performance which should be better than than D800 and any Canon. Colors and WB indoors are shown. Its actually a pretty nice shot with creamy nice short DOF of a 35 at 1.6. Its good to be reminded that that the DF is an awesome picture taking machine what ever one thinks of other aspects of it.

Tack Per…och god fortsättning!

Rolf

lickity split
Senior MemberPosts: 1,047Gear list
Like?

Rolf_52 wrote:

4x5 Guy wrote:

I think PerL pretty much summed up the features of Df that my image might illustrate…my personal experience is that Df is noticeably superior to D800 in low light and that AF is very snappy and accurate….

however, my main intention was to just post an image which I personally find humorous…also I prefer threads posting images rather than reading about sour grapes from people about equipment they don't have any experience with…

…there are so many cameras that I would not consider based on specs but I don't spend any energy posting about them

I'm not a fan of the camera, or of people's misguided views of which camera is superior to the other, like you said that's just reading about sour grapes. But I am a fan of threads started with images. Thank you for posting....  

lickity split's gear list:lickity split's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +9 more
PerL
Like?

Rolf_52 wrote:

PerL wrote:

4x5 Guy wrote:

Tack Per…och god fortsättning!

Tack detsamma Rolf. Fin bild, och jag är avundsjuk på din Df...

Rolf

samjstern
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,468Gear list
Like?
wow, this image reminds me of,...
In reply to lickity split, 9 months ago

the famous picture of the RCA dog listening to the RCA Victor radio with the big horn

samjstern's gear list:samjstern's gear list
Nikon D70s Nikon D600 Nikon D610 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +8 more
Rolf_52
Like?
Re: wow, this image reminds me of,...
In reply to samjstern, 9 months ago

samjstern wrote:

the famous picture of the RCA dog listening to the RCA Victor radio with the big horn

LOL…that Russel is a classic…the appearance of Danish-Swedish Farmdog is very similar to Russel

Rolf

OfCounsel
Regular MemberPosts: 117
Like?

Thank you for posting such an amusing photo to start the New Year.  I love it.

GHP
GHP
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Re: wow, this image reminds me of,...

Thanks for posting this.

It's refreshing to see the results of what this camera can produce - great images, instead of all the arguments which this camera seems to invoke.

Ernie Misner
Senior MemberPosts: 1,783
Like?
In reply to OfCounsel, 9 months ago

OfCounsel wrote:

Thank you for posting such an amusing photo to start the New Year. I love it.

Absolutely!  Terriers rule the world!  Or think they do....:)

-- hide signature --
jase
Contributing MemberPosts: 597Gear list
Like?

PerL wrote:

4x5 Guy wrote:

Nonsense, at ISO2000 a Canon 6D would do this shot just as well and a D800 would be so close as to make no difference.  It's just a snap of a dog in a bedroom by a guy that has just bought  DF, it may as well have been posted on snapyourfurryfriend.com

-- hide signature --

jase
www.jellisphoto.co.uk

jase's gear list:jase's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Leica M9 Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Carl Zeiss Biogon T* 2,8/21 ZM +8 more
adhall
Regular MemberPosts: 280Gear list
Like?

Rolf_52 wrote:

Thanks for posting. I wish more of the Df threads were like this...

adhall's gear list:adhall's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +5 more
PerL
Like?
In reply to jase, 9 months ago

jase wrote:

PerL wrote:

4x5 Guy wrote:

Nonsense, at ISO2000 a Canon 6D would do this shot just as well and a D800 would be so close as to make no difference. It's just a snap of a dog in a bedroom by a guy that has just bought DF, it may as well have been posted on snapyourfurryfriend.com

What is it with these grumpy, negative people? Maybe I should not have mentioned Canon?

-- hide signature --

jase
www.jellisphoto.co.uk

Rolf_52
Like?
In reply to jase, 9 months ago

jase wrote:

PerL wrote:

4x5 Guy wrote:

Nonsense, at ISO2000 a Canon 6D would do this shot just as well and a D800 would be so close as to make no difference. It's just a snap of a dog in a bedroom by a guy that has just bought DF, it may as well have been posted on snapyourfurryfriend.com

-- hide signature --

jase
www.jellisphoto.co.uk

Hope it doesn't ruin your day but I find the Df noticeably better in low light than my D800…have no experience with Canon 6D so I can't tell…my first DSLR was a Canon F1 so I have a bond to Canon too…regarding snaps taste is different…in Sweden we are very fond of snaps…(joke: snaps in Sweden is shot of vodka) ….anyway I liked your gallery very much…

dv312
Senior MemberPosts: 1,732Gear list
Like?

love how the dog pops out  as in 3D

FF images do that

Cheers

dv312's gear list:dv312's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads