Change your copyright info

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
bikinchris
Forum ProPosts: 12,956Gear list
Like?
Change your copyright info
3 months ago

Just a note to remind people to change the copyright info in your camera. I had only changed one of the two places in my camera last year.

Copyright 2014 Eagle Photo!

-- hide signature --

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

bikinchris's gear list:bikinchris's gear list
Nikon D2H Nikon D3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-70mm f/2.8 ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED-IF VR +1 more
jaymc
Contributing MemberPosts: 920Gear list
Like?
Re: Change your copyright info
In reply to bikinchris, 3 months ago

Thanks for the reminder.

-- hide signature --

Get your Portable ID!

jaymc's gear list:jaymc's gear list
Nikon D70 Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Apple iPhone 5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
ocean7
Regular MemberPosts: 171
Like?

Does this have any practical relevance - I mean did anybody ever loose a cent due to the year being wrong in that EXIF field?

bikinchris
Like?
In reply to ocean7, 3 months ago

ocean7 wrote:

Does this have any practical relevance - I mean did anybody ever loose a cent due to the year being wrong in that EXIF field?

How much time does it take you?

And yes, I meant to remind people that it is a good idea to register your images from last year.

-- hide signature --

Mark Twain

Nikon D2H Nikon D3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-70mm f/2.8 ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED-IF VR +1 more
abcdefghijklmnop
Contributing MemberPosts: 720Gear list
Like?

Not necessary if you use Nikon Transfer to move files from cards to computer as it adds all of my data to each file as they are transferred.

abcdefghijklmnop's gear list:abcdefghijklmnop's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D7100 Nikon D4s Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +4 more
Paul Skelcher
Regular MemberPosts: 278
Like?

bikinchris wrote:

Just a note to remind people to change the copyright info in your camera. I had only changed one of the two places in my camera last year.

What are the advantages to having your business, presumably Eagle Photo!, the copyright owner, rather than you as an individual?

Paul

bikinchris
Like?
In reply to Paul Skelcher, 3 months ago

Paul Skelcher wrote:

bikinchris wrote:

What are the advantages to having your business, presumably Eagle Photo!, the copyright owner, rather than you as an individual?

Paul

I really don't think there is a real difference, but I am not a copyright lawyer.

-- hide signature --

Mark Twain

MaxTux
Regular MemberPosts: 357
Like?
another possibility

It is not a good idea to give your digital image files away with all the exif crud that the camera maker has decided to put in. (Why is it, that no camera maker provides consumers with complete and binding documentation of what data, in addition to the pixels, is placed in the image file? Why, for instance, would I want the world to know the serial number of my camera...?)

A better procedure for any files about to leave your control is to first remove ALL data other than pixels from it (for instance, exiftool -all= ...file...) and only after you've done that, add the copyright information to it (again, for instance, exiftool -copyright="© Peter Pumpkineater, 2014" ...file...).

MaxTux

wisep01
Contributing MemberPosts: 666Gear list
Like?
In reply to ocean7, 3 months ago

ocean7 wrote:

No, because everyone here takes pictures of walls and test charts, and now with the Df's introduction, at ISO 102400.

thomas2279f
Senior MemberPosts: 2,361Gear list
Like?

Thanks - good info...

thomas2279f's gear list:thomas2279f's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D7000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Nikon D800 Nikon D7100 +44 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads