Any option for RRS base plate for Fuji X-E2

Started 10 months ago | Discussions
Tony Krieg2
Forum MemberPosts: 70
Like?
Any option for RRS base plate for Fuji X-E2
10 months ago

Are there any other companies that might have manufactured a base plate for the X-E2?

-- hide signature --

'Whether you think you can, or think you can't... your're right'....Henry Ford

Fujifilm X-E2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
EugeneC
Regular MemberPosts: 177Gear list
Like?
Re: Any option for RRS base plate for Fuji X-E2
In reply to Tony Krieg2, 10 months ago

None that I know of but why go elsewhere? The RRS one IMO is perfect.

EugeneC's gear list:EugeneC's gear list
Nikon D800 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Olympus PEN E-P5 Fujifilm X-E2 Sony Alpha 7R +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Tony Krieg2
Like?
In reply to EugeneC, 10 months ago

Cause they have no idea how long it's going to take to manufacture one

-- hide signature --

EugeneC
Regular MemberPosts: 177Gear list
Like?

I have one for the X-E1 and notched it out with a file in about 10 minutes to fit the X-E2. But I heard that the latest one fits both. Did you call them?

EugeneC's gear list:EugeneC's gear list
Nikon D800 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Olympus PEN E-P5 Fujifilm X-E2 Sony Alpha 7R +16 more
Tony Krieg2
Like?
In reply to EugeneC, 10 months ago

Thanks Eugene,

I emailed them and they said they were not sure when they would become available. But, encouraged me to sign up on the waiting list.

Could you give me some instruction on what you did to modify the X-E1 plate? I have a spare one which I used the the x-100s (now sold). Seems when I tried to match it up to the X-E2 that the screw didn't match up to the hole in the camera etc.

-- hide signature --

JimRRS
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?

Hi Guys, Jim from Really Right Stuff here.

I wanted to reply directly here so everyone would have the most information possible regarding the new BXE2 base plates.

The BXE2 is a new base plate that will fit both the Fuji X-E2 and Fuji X-E1 camera bodies (unlike the BXE1, which will ONLY fit the X-E1). The wider anti-twist flange gap is the only major modification that I'm aware of (as a CSR I'm not privy to all the engineering points).

We hope to begin shipping those before Christmas, but due to the holiday schedule for our machine shops production schedules this time of year are VERY tight, and we can't predict timelines as accurately as other times during the year. We do all of the machining ourselves, but processes like the anodizing don't necessarily take place here in SLO, and that inter-city transit time is another part of the process that can be slower in December.

By placing a pre-order for the BXE2 plate, you simply ensure that it ships to you as soon as possible. It is possible that waiting for it to show up as "In Stock" online will result in a longer wait, as the first production batch will probably not cover all the pre-orders.

If anyone has more specific questions, please feel free to email me directly at jim@reallyrightstuff.com.

Thanks, and happy shooting!

Jim Weise, Customer Service

Really Right Stuff

jim@reallyrightstuff.com

805-528-6321 or toll-free in the US/CAN 888-777-5557

Bobtheamateur
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,490Gear list
Like?
In reply to JimRRS, 10 months ago

JimRRS wrote:

Hi Guys, Jim from Really Right Stuff here.

I wanted to reply directly here so everyone would have the most information possible regarding the new BXE2 base plates.

The BXE2 is a new base plate that will fit both the Fuji X-E2 and Fuji X-E1 camera bodies (unlike the BXE1, which will ONLY fit the X-E1). The wider anti-twist flange gap is the only major modification that I'm aware of (as a CSR I'm not privy to all the engineering points).

We hope to begin shipping those before Christmas, but due to the holiday schedule for our machine shops production schedules this time of year are VERY tight, and we can't predict timelines as accurately as other times during the year. We do all of the machining ourselves, but processes like the anodizing don't necessarily take place here in SLO, and that inter-city transit time is another part of the process that can be slower in December.

By placing a pre-order for the BXE2 plate, you simply ensure that it ships to you as soon as possible. It is possible that waiting for it to show up as "In Stock" online will result in a longer wait, as the first production batch will probably not cover all the pre-orders.

If anyone has more specific questions, please feel free to email me directly at jim@reallyrightstuff.com.

Thanks, and happy shooting!

Jim Weise, Customer Service

Really Right Stuff

jim@reallyrightstuff.com

805-528-6321 or toll-free in the US/CAN 888-777-5557

Thanks, Jim.  Good to see vendors who are responsive to their customers.

Bob

Bobtheamateur's gear list:Bobtheamateur's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 +5 more
AlbertInFrance
Senior MemberPosts: 2,275Gear list
Like?
In reply to Bobtheamateur, 10 months ago

There'a new Fuji grip. It has an on-axis tripod screw and Arca Swiss compatible base

http://www.fujifilm.eu/fr/presse/article/news/fujifilm-lance-de-nouvelles-poignees-pour-le-x-pro1-et-les-x-e12/

Available Feb but not cheap: XP1 129€ and XE 119€, French prices.

-- hide signature --

Albert
Every photograph is an abstraction from reality.
Most people are more interested in the picture than the image.

AlbertInFrance's gear list:AlbertInFrance's gear list
Canon PowerShot G15 Fujifilm X-E1 Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads