D300s Image Review - how to disable?

Started 7 months ago | Questions
MissRiain
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
D300s Image Review - how to disable?
7 months ago

Hi everyone,

I'm having a tricky time trying to turn off the image review function of my D300s. I can easily find it in the playback menu, but it's greyed out and I'm unable to select 'Image Review' as an option. Sadly, it's stuck in the 'on' position. It's not a huge deal, but when I photograph performances, I'm sure it drives the people behind me crazy.

Any advice on gaining access to it?

Thanks!

Riain

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D300S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Kerry Pierce
Forum ProPosts: 17,217Gear list
Like?
Re: D300s Image Review - how to disable?
In reply to MissRiain, 7 months ago

MissRiain wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm having a tricky time trying to turn off the image review function of my D300s. I can easily find it in the playback menu, but it's greyed out and I'm unable to select 'Image Review' as an option. Sadly, it's stuck in the 'on' position. It's not a huge deal, but when I photograph performances, I'm sure it drives the people behind me crazy.

Hi Riain,

I don't understand why Image Review is greyed out in the Playback Menu, because that is where you turn off the automatic image playback when you take a shot.

Do you have a memory card with recent photos installed in the camera? If so, can you view the images by pressing the > review button (upper left on the back)?

I just tested my d300, with a card with images installed, and the Playback Menu allows me to select Image Review and turn it On/Off. It has to be turned Off to stop the behavior you don't want.

Kerry

-- hide signature --

my gallery of so-so photos
http://www.pbase.com/kerrypierce/root

Kerry Pierce's gear list:Kerry Pierce's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D3S Nikon D7000 Nikon D5100 +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
PatMann
Contributing MemberPosts: 757
Like?
Card must be in camera to be able to select image review on/off
-- hide signature --

Pat

MissRiain
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Re: Card must be in camera to be able to select image review on/off
In reply to PatMann, 7 months ago

Pat,

Of course!! Feeling foolish I didn't try that before I posted. Thank you so much.

PatMann
Contributing MemberPosts: 757
Like?
Re: Card must be in camera to be able to select image review on/off

Not really foolish, and not really logically necessary just to make the menu selections - but it is a useful reminder that there's no card. Many of the playback menu selections are disabled when there is no card in the camera.

-- hide signature --

Pat

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads