Some portraits from Russia - the final part. Locked

Started 7 months ago | Discussions
This thread is locked.
IlyaV
Contributing MemberPosts: 521Gear list
Some portraits from Russia - the final part.
7 months ago

Unfortunately, I am forced to complete my series of photographs called "Some portraits from Russia" for a reason, which is prohibited to be discussed by the rules of this site.

Thank you for your attention and your interest in my work.

Finally look at some unsorted photos taken on OM-D that I had not shown here:

Sigma 60/2.8

Sigma 60/2.8

To see my future works follow links in my signature.

IlyaV's gear list:IlyaV's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5
mujana
Senior MemberPosts: 2,922Gear list
Thnxs IlyaV
In reply to IlyaV, 7 months ago

IlyaV wrote:

Unfortunately, I am forced to complete my series of photographs called "Some portraits from Russia" for a reason, which is prohibited to be discussed by the rules of this site.

Sigma 60/2.8

Sigma 60/2.8

I admire your portraits! Too bad, you have to stop posting these here. Cannot think of a reason to stop, but I'm not familiar with all the rules here.

mujana's gear list:mujana's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8
photofan1986
Senior MemberPosts: 2,190Gear list
Re: Some portraits from Russia - the final part.

You're probably too good for this panel. How dare you posting real pictures?

photofan1986's gear list:photofan1986's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Canon PowerShot S100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PM2 +7 more
stinelise
Forum MemberPosts: 99Gear list

Thanks for all the images you have shared.

Will follow u on livejournal.

Stine Lise

stinelise's gear list:stinelise's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +6 more
GeorgianBay1939
Senior MemberPosts: 2,048Gear list

IlyaV wrote:

Your work has demonstrated that fine portraiture can be made by M4/3 gear in the hands of a competent photographer.

I am disappointed that you will be unable to continue posting here.   And I will miss seeing your work here.

I suspect that there are others who will miss your work.

Perhaps, in the future, DPR rules will permit such good work to be shown on its forums ... as well as a discussion of "the rules".

In the meantime I've bookmarked your links.

Thanks for your contribution.

Tom

GeorgianBay1939's gear list:GeorgianBay1939's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS +6 more
Timur Born
Senior MemberPosts: 3,779

Really too bad, but thanks for sharing all of these (including your past ones)! The style is not necessarily my favorite, but they showed good photography of beautiful women and some possibilities of the MFT system.

Be well and good success!

PS: I understand that the discussion about why you are stopping to post is not allowed by forum rules, but that some other reason is keeping you from posting further images, not the forum rules?!

-- hide signature --

Red flash eyes save lives and eye-sight!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retinoblastoma

Marcello Zini
Contributing MemberPosts: 778Gear list

I like your idea of low(ish) key which recalls portraiture work from the Renaissance, sadly not all like it and some dislike it but I do like it very much and I look for that kind of strong but soft contrast. Please keep posting "allowed content" (?????) to remind us what portrait photography is about.

In any case, I'll keep following your excellent work

-- hide signature --

...slowly building my gallery at
http://picasaweb.google.com/marcellozini
Marcello

Marcello Zini's gear list:Marcello Zini's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 2500 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F717 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +2 more
IlyaV
Contributing MemberPosts: 521Gear list
In reply to Timur Born, 7 months ago

Timur Born wrote:

PS: I understand that the discussion about why you are stopping to post is not allowed by forum rules, but that some other reason is keeping you from posting further images, not the forum rules?!

No other reasons.

IlyaV's gear list:IlyaV's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5
Rocky ID Olympian
Contributing MemberPosts: 545Gear list

Really2 great photos! I've always enjoy your works. Thanks for sharing.

Rocky ID Olympian's gear list:Rocky ID Olympian's gear list
Olympus E-300 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus E-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 +13 more
Lab D
Senior MemberPosts: 2,985Gear list
Will you post elsewhere?

IlyaV wrote:

Timur Born wrote:

No other reasons.

You can always post a link to them here.

We really enjoy these pictures.

Lab D's gear list:Lab D's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Nikon D600 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4
eques
Senior MemberPosts: 1,629Gear list
Re: Thnxs IlyaV
In reply to mujana, 7 months ago

mujana wrote:

IlyaV wrote:

I admire your portraits! Too bad, you have to stop posting these here. Cannot think of a reason to stop, but I'm not familiar with all the rules here.

+1.

I admire your work, although I have critizised some pictures for reasons of personal raste.

So this site looses another attraction.

Peter.

eques's gear list:eques's gear list
Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +1 more
jalywol
jalywol MOD
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,960Gear list
Note from your Moderator:

IlyaV is free to post his photos here.  If there are photos that are of a more adult nature, they cannot be posted in the thread itself BUT THROUGH A LINK, INSTEAD, according to DPReview forum rules.

IlyaV is following the rules in his post today, and is welcome to continue to post here following the DPReview forum rules.  It is his choice as to whether or not he wishes to continue to continue to post in this fashion or not.

-J

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads