Nikkor-H auto 85mm f/1.8 (with Df)

Started 9 months ago | Discussions
inasir1971
Senior MemberPosts: 3,213
Like?
Nikkor-H auto 85mm f/1.8 (with Df)
9 months ago

Looks and feels great on the Df! Quality of these pre-Ai lenses is amazing - to think that mine dates back to around 1970... Very sharp, even wide open at f/1.8. Mine is an Ai'd single coated one with six aperture blades. Here are some samples showing rendering and bokeh:

Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Bob GB
Senior MemberPosts: 1,604Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikkor-H auto 85mm f/1.8 (with Df)
In reply to inasir1971, 9 months ago

Beautiful rendering! I had the same lens many years ago. Then the 85/2.0 was introduced, much lighter and smaller. I sold my Nikkor-H and replaced it with the new one, but the IQ was not the same. I have tried this 85/2.0 on my DSLRs and it does not convince at all.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Giovanni_1968
Senior MemberPosts: 1,187Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikkor-H auto 85mm f/1.8 (with D800)
In reply to Bob GB, 9 months ago

This is mine, got it from my father's gear, I suppose being older than me (well, wouldn't want to disclose but gotta be about 50 years old or around that), shot on a tripod at f1.8, I got amazed by the detail...

-- hide signature --

Giovanni
http://www.flickr.com/photos/giovanniaprea/
FujiS5 Nikon D800 Panasonic L1 shooter

Giovanni_1968's gear list:Giovanni_1968's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Panasonic Lumix DMC-L1 Nikon D800 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Panasonic Leica D Vario-Elmarit 14-50mm F2.8-3.5 ASPH Mega OIS +7 more
Stujomo
Contributing MemberPosts: 946
Like?
Re: Nikkor-H auto 85mm f/1.8 (with Df)

It's a great lens. Nikon knows how to make great lenses. I do like the older Nikkors. Thanks for showing these.

paulski66
Senior MemberPosts: 1,787Gear list
Like?
Absolutely gorgeous...

...both the lens and the pics.

I love the look of those old scalloped lenses. And on the chrome Df, it looks even that much better.

paulski66's gear list:paulski66's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +6 more
Kitacanon
Senior MemberPosts: 2,491Gear list
Like?
Re: Absolutely gorgeous...
In reply to paulski66, 9 months ago

paulski66 wrote:

...both the lens and the pics.

I love the look of those old scalloped lenses.

I like those scalloped barrels too...they are longer (front to rear) than later versions so can be easier to rotate while changing the aperture, at least on the 300/4.5....and I keep my 200 even after getting the K-AIS, and got the scalloped 105/2.5p.c even though I have that in the AIS too...

Kitacanon's gear list:Kitacanon's gear list
Canon EOS 30D Canon EOS 450D +1 more
southwest aero
Junior MemberPosts: 42Gear list
Like?
Re: Absolutely gorgeous...
In reply to Kitacanon, 9 months ago

Wow, that makes me really want one of these lenses. My guess, though, is that it's got more to do with the photographer than it does the lens.

southwest aero's gear list:southwest aero's gear list
Sony RX1 Sony Alpha 7R Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2,8/21 Sony FE 55mm F1.8
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads