Wow - Tamron 150-600 US price $1069! wanne be birders rejoice?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions
cwsiggy
Regular MemberPosts: 157Gear list
Like?
Wow - Tamron 150-600 US price $1069! wanne be birders rejoice?
10 months ago

I realize this isn't a lens forum, but still. I know many with these cameras want to get into birding or wildlife photography on the cheap. Well, that price is just shockingly low in my opinion.

Will be interesting to see how this lens performs.

cwsiggy's gear list:cwsiggy's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX II
jeminijoseph
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,816Gear list
Like?
Re: Wow - Tamron 150-600 US price $1069! wanne be birders rejoice?
In reply to cwsiggy, 10 months ago

I realize this isn't a lens forum, but still. I know many with these cameras want to get into birding or wildlife photography on the cheap. Well, that price is just shockingly low in my opinion.

It depends on IQ. If the lens is as good as sigma version it will be an awesome deal. Quality photo @900mm , 24mp will even allow to crop. Small birds won't be an issue any more
--
Thanks
Jemini Joseph

http://wildbirdimages.com/favorites.aspx

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
John Ponting
Regular MemberPosts: 208Gear list
Like?

Could be the thing that convinces me to upgrade from D7000/Sigma 150-500 to D7100/Tamron 150-600.

John Ponting's gear list:John Ponting's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM Sigma 1.4x EX DG Tele Converter +7 more
Wu Jiaqiu
Senior MemberPosts: 5,561Gear list
Like?

cwsiggy wrote:

have to wait to see what the I.Q is and how if AF's, but that is a damn good price

Wu Jiaqiu's gear list:Wu Jiaqiu's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Sigma 500mm F4.5 EX DG HSM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +3 more
WTarcher77
Regular MemberPosts: 228
Like?

It will be interesting to see the IQ.

As someone who shoots the 50-500 sigma, I was impressed by the versatility of the "Bigma" AND image quality. 600mm won't mean a lot to me if IQ is so-so.

Damienxc
Forum MemberPosts: 52
Like?

Here is a link I found on Nikon Rumors:

http://blog.naver.com/sp_marketing/70180042743

The pictures don't look very good (they are beautiful but too smooth) on the website embedded viewer which I guess smooth a lot the images. I cannot download full size picture from the website so it's difficult to judge.

When I saw the price I tough that was a mistake... I guess we cannot expect comparable quality as lenses like the new nikon 80-400 etcc

BillD7000
Contributing MemberPosts: 547
Like?
In reply to Damienxc, 10 months ago

Damienxc wrote:

Here is a link I found on Nikon Rumors:

http://blog.naver.com/sp_marketing/70180042743

The pictures don't look very good (they are beautiful but too smooth) on the website embedded viewer which I guess smooth a lot the images. I cannot download full size picture from the website so it's difficult to judge.

When I saw the price I tough that was a mistake... I guess we cannot expect comparable quality as lenses like the new nikon 80-400 etcc

Really?  "Beautiful but not smooth"?  Well, OK, they're not smooth.  But, wow, don't they look sharp!

Even so, I'd be curious to know what lenses are smooth, as this is a criteria one almost never comes across when folks evaluate glass.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads