i have no idea what Im doing. help!

Started 7 months ago | Questions
cheriestarr
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
i have no idea what Im doing. help!
7 months ago

i have a Olympus E510 with a Olympus digital 14-45mm lens thing on it. well when i look threw the view finder i can zoom in but what does the other turn able thing on the front of the lens?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus E-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Martin.au
Senior MemberPosts: 5,338
Like?
Re: i have no idea what Im doing. help!
In reply to cheriestarr, 7 months ago

cheriestarr wrote:

i have a Olympus E510 with a Olympus digital 14-45mm lens thing on it. well when i look threw the view finder i can zoom in but what does the other turn able thing on the front of the lens?

It's the focussing ring. It allows you to focus, if the camera has manual focusing active. Usually though, you'll be using autofocus.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
K1W1 55
Regular MemberPosts: 460Gear list
Like?
Re: i have no idea what Im doing. help!
In reply to cheriestarr, 7 months ago

cheriestarr wrote:

I assume by your question you do not have the camera manual and if that is the case the extensive menu options available on the E510 are probably going to give you some trouble so here is a link to a manual in PDF format as well a quick start guidehttp://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_support_manuals.asp?id=1295

-- hide signature --

Some Slideshows of a wee bit of my work, more to be added if I ever sort out my music rights issues.
http://www.youtube.com/user/truder55/videos

K1W1 55's gear list:K1W1 55's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus E-510 Olympus E-5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads