great camera

Started Dec 13, 2013 | User reviews
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
beppe_it Junior Member • Posts: 34
great camera

awesome pictures up to iso 3200!!!!

you do not need a flash unless you want it to fill in. 

focus tack sharp, also with lateral focus points. 4.5 fps are more than enough for a pro-sumer,

wifi very, very useful!!

beppe

-- hide signature --

Canon EOS 6D
20 megapixels • 3 screen • Full frame sensor
Announced: Sep 17, 2012
beppe_it's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
excellent
Action / sports
okay
Landscapes / scenery
excellent
Portraits
excellent
Low light (without flash)
excellent
Flash photography (social)
unrated
Studio / still life
excellent
= community average
DotCom Editor Veteran Member • Posts: 6,796
Pretty amazing

Pretty amazing how so many absolutely trashed the camera as worthless when it first came out.

DotCom Editor's gear list:DotCom Editor's gear list
Epson Stylus Pro 3880 +2 more
Sophoto Junior Member • Posts: 33
Re: Pretty amazing

I have had my 6D for about 2 months now. I remember being underwhelmed with the specs when it was first announced. I then thought about the specs and realised it was almost the perfect camera for me. I only use the centre focus point, SD cards are cheap and it is an affordable entry into full frame for me.

So far it has not disappointed. It has taken a little to get used to the ergonomics coming from shooting the xxD range for years and the 7D.

It is now my main Portrait and Wedding camera.

Sophoto's gear list:Sophoto's gear list
Canon EOS 6D
NancyP Veteran Member • Posts: 5,316

I love mine. It is a great landscape and astrophotography camera. I keep my 60D for birds and macro. I never thought that the 6D was "under-spec'd", it merely had relatively simple entry level options - great for me, I didn't need anything fancy, just a nice sensor.

-- hide signature --

NancyP

NancyP's gear list:NancyP's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill
panoviews
panoviews Regular Member • Posts: 310

One of the few negative points is the slow SD interface, because it isn't possible to take full HD video in RAW with Magic Lantern.

panoviews's gear list:panoviews's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 6D Sony a6000 Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM +5 more
Abu Mahendra Senior Member • Posts: 4,011

I'd say awsome pictures to ISO 12,800. Put a fast lens on it, and the 6D essentially renders ISO concerns obsolete.

Abu Mahendra's gear list:Abu Mahendra's gear list
Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +4 more
beppe_it OP Junior Member • Posts: 34

Last night I went to my daughter school xmas "show", a very low light situation, 130 pictures taken, only 5 out of focus and beautiful pictures with ISO@3200 . I will give to the school for free to make parents happy. with my old 50D I have never had, in the same place, so many good pictures.

It is worth every penny I spent for my 6D.

-- hide signature --

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads