Adapters Contax Lenses to Nikon Bodies

Started 11 months ago | Questions
Kevin Sullivan
Forum MemberPosts: 91Gear list
Like?
Adapters Contax Lenses to Nikon Bodies
11 months ago

Hi,

My cameras are D7000 / D5100 / D90 / D50 however I have a 35mm film system and that is Contax does anyone know if there is a manufacturer in the UK that makes an adapter to allow me to use the Contax lenses on the Nikon bodies and if so will I get full metering

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Kevin Sullivan's gear list:Kevin Sullivan's gear list
Nikon D800E
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D50 Nikon D5100 Nikon D7000 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Michael Benveniste
Senior MemberPosts: 1,790Gear list
Like?
Re: Adapters Contax Lenses to Nikon Bodies
In reply to Kevin Sullivan, 11 months ago

My cameras are D7000 / D5100 / D90 / D50 however I have a 35mm film system and that is Contax does anyone know if there is a manufacturer in the UK that makes an adapter to allow me to use the Contax lenses on the Nikon bodies and if so will I get full metering

If you insist on a UK manufacturer, I think you are out of luck, but there are a couple of solutions available to UK residents.

The first is to deal with Leitax in Spain for a conversion kit and/or installation. If your lens model permits, you may even be able to get full metering with all of your bodies.
http://www.leitax.com/Zeiss-Contax-lens-for-Nikon-cameras.html

The second is to use an adapter such as this one which can be ordered through Amazon UK. This sort of adapter gives you a choice. You can either use it with the built-in 1.4x teleconverter and obtain infinite focus and indifferent quality, or you can remove the teleconverter and lose the ability to focus to infinity.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fotodiox-Lens-Mount-Adapter-Yashica/dp/B008BBI9FS

-- hide signature --

I miss the days when I used to be nostalgic.

Michael Benveniste's gear list:Michael Benveniste's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 995 Nikon D200 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF +29 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Kevin Sullivan
Forum MemberPosts: 91Gear list
Like?
Re: Adapters Contax Lenses to Nikon Bodies
In reply to Michael Benveniste, 11 months ago

Hello Michael,

Many thanks for your response, my apologies for my delay in answering but I am recovering from a stinking cold.

I have had a look at your solutions but they are not what I was after, I am looking for an adapter a bit like the old Tamrons, where the adapter one side was on the camera body and the lenses could be mounted and removed from the other side, so if I wish I can return to film quiet easily.

I have done a Google to n avail so any other leads will be welcomed

Kevin

Kevin Sullivan's gear list:Kevin Sullivan's gear list
Nikon D800E
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads