My vacation camera

Started 9 months ago | User reviews
polizonte
Contributing MemberPosts: 537Gear list
Like?
My vacation camera
9 months ago

I took a Canon 6D + EF 50mm f1.4 USM to Colombia and  took about 700 fotos - focus was fine for my type of photography,mostly landscape, informal portraits, nice colors. Positives: reasonably fast  focus, very good performance in low light, very lightweight, nice viewfinder. Only drawbacks are the slower flash sync shutter speed, some controls I use are only accessible in menu and IQ, a bit less latitude in shadows than my D800 but for the money the 6D is a bargain.

-- hide signature --

Es mejor pescar que ser pescado.

polizonte's gear list:polizonte's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G +2 more
polizonte's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
excellent
Action / sports
unrated
Landscapes / scenery
great
Portraits
excellent
Low light (without flash)
great
Flash photography (social)
good
Studio / still life
excellent
= community average
Canon EOS 6D Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
curlyone
Regular MemberPosts: 287
Like?
Re: My vacation camera
In reply to polizonte, 9 months ago

HI,    If you are using a Canon flash thats not too old, you can set it to HIGH SPEED SYCN,  usually by pressing a button on the back of the flash,  the catch is, the faster you shoot , the light drop off more in distance, have a look in the manual for specs.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Marx81
Regular MemberPosts: 416Gear list
Like?

Last year , for general purpose and street photography I moved from 50mm f1,4 to 40mm f2,8 pancake . With good result .

I would like to see samples from your reportage .

And , since Colombia is in my plans too I would like to ask if you find yourself in difficult security situations going around with a DSLR ?! I 'm considering which cam get along with me :

5D3 or little Fuji X100..

Your experience on the field could be of help for me to decide .

http://www.flickr.com/photos/marxx/

Marx81's gear list:Marx81's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS 400D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 28mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +3 more
mu55
Senior MemberPosts: 1,300Gear list
Like?

I'm on vacation right now with a 6D I bought the day before I left. Nicely just that bit smaller and lighter than my 5d3 and the built-in wifi is great for sending a low res shot to my phone to then edit and share online.

its a great holiday camera

mu55's gear list:mu55's gear list
Ricoh GR Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads