Canon ixus 255 (ELPH 330) video dosent focus

Started 7 months ago | Discussions
stevenic
Regular MemberPosts: 486
Like?
Canon ixus 255 (ELPH 330) video dosent focus
7 months ago

Hi all,

I did a recording on video zoomed it in then back out then it wouldn't focus clearly. I taped for about a minute the first 10 seconds were fine then I zoomed slightly closer I was about about 4 m from the 3 singers and it was blurry the whole time. I had it on auto record , Is this normal. It should focus like my old canona2000is. Any advice, it should of been focused.

Cheers

Steve

stevenic
Like?
Re: Canon ixus 255 (ELPH 330) video dosent focus
In reply to stevenic, 7 months ago

Hi,

Anyone had trouble with videoing with this model.

Cheers

Steve

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
digitalcuriosity
Contributing MemberPosts: 758
Like?

stevenic wrote:

Hi all,

I did a recording on video zoomed it in then back out then it wouldn't focus clearly. I taped for about a minute the first 10 seconds were fine then I zoomed slightly closer I was about about 4 m from the 3 singers and it was blurry the whole time. I had it on auto record , Is this normal. It should focus like my old canona2000is. Any advice, it should of been focused.

Cheers

Steve

Steve I just took a quick test video with my Canon ELPH 330,and it kept focus in the zooms and had no problems being very clear. I would return your camera for an exchange.

PineyPhotographer
Contributing MemberPosts: 683
Like?

Sounds like another defective camera. Look on the bottom, I bet it was Made in China. When you go to the store check the box to make sure you get one Made in Japan.

jim4850
Regular MemberPosts: 236Gear list
Like?

I just had a go with my lovely pink made in China model, it worked fine. First deliberate video I've done with it, maybe the last for a while too, I'm not an habitual video user.

jim4850's gear list:jim4850's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P510 Olympus SZ-16 iHS Olympus Stylus XZ-10 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Samsung NX100 +1 more
digitalcuriosity
Like?
In reply to PineyPhotographer, 7 months ago

PineyPhotographer wrote:

Sounds like another defective camera. Look on the bottom, I bet it was Made in China. When you go to the store check the box to make sure you get one Made in Japan.

Myself I have not seen one of these powershots made in Japan. Not in the USA have I ever heard of it.

stevenic
Like?

Hi,

I compared it to another canon ixus 255, the video on that model was fine, its focused and clear. Perhaps my ixus 255 is needing repair. I have emailed where I bought it and hopefully they will give me a new one

Cheers

Steve

digitalcuriosity
Like?

stevenic wrote:

Hi,

I compared it to another canon ixus 255, the video on that model was fine, its focused and clear. Perhaps my ixus 255 is needing repair. I have emailed where I bought it and hopefully they will give me a new one

Cheers

Steve

I hope they will quickly exchange your camera. Good Luck.

stevenic
Like?
In reply to digitalcuriosity, 7 months ago

Hi,

I took it in the shop, showed them the 2 video clips that were unfocused, they agreed it was not focused. They did a video clip in the shop and it recorded fine. So they are going to try it out over the next couple of days. I am not sure what the outcome will be. Maybe an intermittent problem. I am not happy that two events I recorded are messed up. I keep you updated.

Cheers

Steve.

digitalcuriosity
Like?

stevenic wrote:

Hi,

I took it in the shop, showed them the 2 video clips that were unfocused, they agreed it was not focused. They did a video clip in the shop and it recorded fine. So they are going to try it out over the next couple of days. I am not sure what the outcome will be. Maybe an intermittent problem. I am not happy that two events I recorded are messed up. I keep you updated.

Cheers

Steve.

I don't know where you reside,but this is the main reason I buy all my cameras at my local Best Buy. I find something I don't like about one,all I need to do is return it or exchange it. There are no questions asked.  This is what I like.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads