Downtown Los Angeles, Disney Concert Hall - 5D MkIII w/ Tokina 11-16

Started 10 months ago | Discussions
Greg V
Regular MemberPosts: 308
Like?
Downtown Los Angeles, Disney Concert Hall - 5D MkIII w/ Tokina 11-16
10 months ago

Hey folks,

A few shots from last night outside the Disney Concert Hall in downtown L.A. Thankfully had a bit of moonlight working for me.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Greg V.
www.gregvmusic.com

Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
aftab
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,941Gear list
Like?
Re: Downtown Los Angeles, Disney Concert Hall - 5D MkIII w/ Tokina 11-16
In reply to Greg V, 10 months ago

Beautifully done. Liked all of them.

-- hide signature --

Life is short.
Travel with passion.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/catch45/

aftab's gear list:aftab's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Nikon D600 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
SeaScout851
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,613
Like?

Wonderful shots!!!

I was not aware that the Tokina 11-16 would work on full frame.  I've had the 11-16 for a couple of years and use it on my 50d and 7d.  I've recently purchased a 5d III and was concerned it might cause problems on that body.  Any notes I should be aware of using this lens on the 5d?

Thanks

Andy.

Greg V
Like?
In reply to aftab, 10 months ago

Many thanks Aftab!

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Greg V.
www.gregvmusic.com

Greg V
Like?
In reply to SeaScout851, 10 months ago

SeaScout851 wrote:

Wonderful shots!!!

I was not aware that the Tokina 11-16 would work on full frame. I've had the 11-16 for a couple of years and use it on my 50d and 7d. I've recently purchased a 5d III and was concerned it might cause problems on that body. Any notes I should be aware of using this lens on the 5d?

Thanks

Andy.

Thanks very much Andy! The 11-16 basically becomes a prime on the FF 5D3. If you try and go wider than 16mm it will heavily vignette. Also, as I'm sure you know, being a WA the lens flares a lot. So be sure and use the lens hood esp when multiple light sources are nearby.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Greg V.
www.gregvmusic.com

SeaScout851
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,613
Like?

Greg V wrote:

SeaScout851 wrote:

Wonderful shots!!!

I was not aware that the Tokina 11-16 would work on full frame. I've had the 11-16 for a couple of years and use it on my 50d and 7d. I've recently purchased a 5d III and was concerned it might cause problems on that body. Any notes I should be aware of using this lens on the 5d?

Thanks

Andy.

Thanks very much Andy! The 11-16 basically becomes a prime on the FF 5D3. If you try and go wider than 16mm it will heavily vignette. Also, as I'm sure you know, being a WA the lens flares a lot. So be sure and use the lens hood esp when multiple light sources are nearby.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Greg V.
www.gregvmusic.com

Thanks Greg.  Currently the widest lens I have for the 5d is the 24-105.  But now I'm looking forward to trying the 11-16 at 16 which should result in the equivalent of 10 on an apc sensor camera.

The Davinator
Forum ProPosts: 13,093Gear list
Like?

Greg V wrote:

SeaScout851 wrote:

Wonderful shots!!!

Thanks

Andy.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Greg V.
www.gregvmusic.com

Great info Greg.  Never thought of trying.

The Davinator's gear list:The Davinator's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Canon PowerShot SX150 IS Canon EOS D30 Canon EOS 10D Nikon D2X +18 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads