XE2 - How many shutter activations?

Started 7 months ago | Questions
Graham Plain
Junior MemberPosts: 36
Like?
XE2 - How many shutter activations?
7 months ago

I've bought an XE2. It looks in pristine condition and I'm certainly pleased with the images I'm seeing from it. However when I looked at the image count of the first shot I took using it, instead of being 100-0001 as I expected I saw 102-2000. This makes me wonder if the XE2 is not new but in fact a returned unit that has been sold to me as 'new'.

So I'm kind of interested in checking, if possible, the number of shutter activations the camera has recorded. Is there a way to do this? Or some other way to determine if the camera was actually new when sold to me?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-E2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
WT Jones
Senior MemberPosts: 2,423
Like?
Re: XE2 - How many shutter activations?
In reply to Graham Plain, 7 months ago

did you use a card that was formatted in another camera camera? Is said they will pick up the file number form a card used in another camera.

-- hide signature --

Warren

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Graham Plain
Like?
In reply to WT Jones, 7 months ago

WT Jones wrote:

did you use a card that was formatted in another camera camera? Is said they will pick up the file number form a card used in another camera.

-- hide signature --

Warren

Yes. Yes I did. That may well be what has happened. I grabbed the first SD card to hand. Too impatient to get shooting. That card had been in my Nikon D7000 and I forgot to format it beforehand.

Warren, many thanks for your speedy reply.

WT Jones
Like?

What I do not know Graham is if after you format the card in Camera if it will revert to proper file number sequence. did you try that? If so what happens?

-- hide signature --

Warren

Graham Plain
Like?
In reply to WT Jones, 7 months ago

Warren,

Formating the card in the XE2 had no immediate effect on the image number. However reading the manual (always a last resort) I found detailed in there the procedure to follow after the shutter locks on reaching 999-9999 and tried that.

1) Format the card

2) Set the Image Count setting in the setup menu to RESET

3) Take a photo (this resets the image count to 001-0001.)

4) Restore the Image Count setting in the menu to CONTINUOUS

This did the trick. It restored the image number to 001-0001.

WT Jones
Like?

Graham Plain wrote:

However reading the manual (always a last resort) I found detailed in there the procedure to follow after the shutter locks on reaching 999-9999 and tried that.

READ THE MANUAL? …well I'll Be... who wudda thunk? 

Thanks for passing that on Graham. Good to know.

-- hide signature --

Warren

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads