XE2 - How many shutter activations?

Started Dec 12, 2013 | Questions
Graham Plain
Junior MemberPosts: 45
Like?
XE2 - How many shutter activations?
Dec 12, 2013

I've bought an XE2. It looks in pristine condition and I'm certainly pleased with the images I'm seeing from it. However when I looked at the image count of the first shot I took using it, instead of being 100-0001 as I expected I saw 102-2000. This makes me wonder if the XE2 is not new but in fact a returned unit that has been sold to me as 'new'.

So I'm kind of interested in checking, if possible, the number of shutter activations the camera has recorded. Is there a way to do this? Or some other way to determine if the camera was actually new when sold to me?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-E2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
WT Jones
Senior MemberPosts: 2,475
Like?
Re: XE2 - How many shutter activations?
In reply to Graham Plain, Dec 12, 2013

did you use a card that was formatted in another camera camera? Is said they will pick up the file number form a card used in another camera.

-- hide signature --

Warren

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Graham Plain
Like?
In reply to WT Jones, Dec 12, 2013

WT Jones wrote:

did you use a card that was formatted in another camera camera? Is said they will pick up the file number form a card used in another camera.

-- hide signature --

Warren

Yes. Yes I did. That may well be what has happened. I grabbed the first SD card to hand. Too impatient to get shooting. That card had been in my Nikon D7000 and I forgot to format it beforehand.

Warren, many thanks for your speedy reply.

WT Jones
Like?
In reply to Graham Plain, Dec 13, 2013

What I do not know Graham is if after you format the card in Camera if it will revert to proper file number sequence. did you try that? If so what happens?

-- hide signature --

Warren

Graham Plain
Like?
In reply to WT Jones, Dec 13, 2013

Warren,

Formating the card in the XE2 had no immediate effect on the image number. However reading the manual (always a last resort) I found detailed in there the procedure to follow after the shutter locks on reaching 999-9999 and tried that.

1) Format the card

2) Set the Image Count setting in the setup menu to RESET

3) Take a photo (this resets the image count to 001-0001.)

4) Restore the Image Count setting in the menu to CONTINUOUS

This did the trick. It restored the image number to 001-0001.

WT Jones
Like?
In reply to Graham Plain, Dec 13, 2013

Graham Plain wrote:

However reading the manual (always a last resort) I found detailed in there the procedure to follow after the shutter locks on reaching 999-9999 and tried that.

READ THE MANUAL? …well I'll Be... who wudda thunk? 

Thanks for passing that on Graham. Good to know.

-- hide signature --

Warren

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads