Focus

Started Dec 12, 2013 | Questions
riman
Contributing MemberPosts: 521Gear list
Like?
Focus
Dec 12, 2013

I am having trouble really understanding when and why I would use single, 9, 21 or 51 focus points. The manual seems to give some very nebulous talk about different situations in which the object is moving but I would like a more through explanation,. if anyone can help.  Maybe if I knew more about what the camera is doing, for example when I select a number of points but only one shows up in the viewfinder..?

also I have trouble seeing those focus points in dark situations.  I select Auto illumination but at night they are too dark..I think I am stuck with this..:( but I thought I would ask anyway

Thanks

riman's gear list:riman's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
SamG10
Regular MemberPosts: 309Gear list
Like?
Re: Focus
In reply to riman, Dec 12, 2013

Visit nikon' s digitutor site.  They have some informative videos there.

SamG10's gear list:SamG10's gear list
Nikon D40X Nikon D1X Nikon D4 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Mako2011
Mako2011 MOD
Forum ProPosts: 16,230
Like?
Helpful
In reply to riman, Dec 12, 2013

Simple but pretty helpful

http://1000wordpics.blogspot.com/2013/07/nikon-autofocus-guide-d600-d7100-and.html

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: Helpful
In reply to Mako2011, Dec 12, 2013

That is extremely helpful and quite probably sorts out my issue with Nikon.  A pity they cannot explain and summarise as well as you can

THANK YOU

Mako2011
Mako2011 MOD
Forum ProPosts: 16,230
Like?
not mine
In reply to ccnp, Dec 12, 2013

ccnp wrote:

That is extremely helpful and quite probably sorts out my issue with Nikon. A pity they cannot explain and summarise as well as you can

THANK YOU

Not my work but Nikon could certainly learn from the gentleman who wrote it.

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

riman
Contributing MemberPosts: 521Gear list
Like?
Re: Focus
In reply to riman, Dec 13, 2013

Thanks everyone

riman's gear list:riman's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR
stuntmonkey
Senior MemberPosts: 2,677
Like?
Re: not mine
In reply to Mako2011, Dec 13, 2013

Mako2011 wrote:

ccnp wrote:

That is extremely helpful and quite probably sorts out my issue with Nikon. A pity they cannot explain and summarise as well as you can

THANK YOU

Not my work but Nikon could certainly learn from the gentleman who wrote it.

-- hide signature --

Thanks, I'll take the compliment! Also, I'm the sort that learns by explaining (or trying to explain); sometimes I don't "get it" until I force myself to put it to words.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads