Nikon D2X - 90% off

Started 7 months ago | Discussions
philm5d
Contributing MemberPosts: 561
Like?
Nikon D2X - 90% off
7 months ago

... effectively from a UK dealer , see, http://www.lcegroup.co.uk/Used/Nikon-2dx-Body_83807.html. There you go a £3k camera for £300.00 described as good condition with 6 months warranty. Now if only the D3X was the same!!!

Nikon D2X Nikon D3X
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Crashton
Contributing MemberPosts: 500Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon D2X - 90% off
In reply to philm5d, 7 months ago

If one is OK with a camera that is a bit older there are some wonderful deals to be had. For me that is how I buy my cameras. 

Crashton's gear list:Crashton's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
PenPix
Contributing MemberPosts: 765
Like?

Cool!  I am still using a D200 which is a similar generation camera... the specs are almost identical.

I did not upgrade to the D300 when it came out as I did not feel there was enough of a difference for me to bite.  The one weakness to the D200 is the noise at high ISO.  Al long as you can live with using in under good lighting conditions, you will be very happy with it.

For daylight action I will grab the D200 over my D700 or X-E1.

Kerry Pierce
Forum ProPosts: 17,214Gear list
Like?

I don't know how well d2x prices hold up in the UK or EU, but they are still fairly good in the US, with the d2x going for about $600 and the d2xs at $750 at KEH in EX+ condition.

I've often wondered why the folks that love the output of the d200, aren't snapping up the d2x bodies. I've read so many anecdotal remarks about how great the low ISO files are from the d2x, especially for colors. At these prices, I've seriously considered picking one up a d2xs for myself, just to experience the camera. But, I always seem to have a need for the money elsewhere.

Kerry

-- hide signature --

my gallery of so-so photos
http://www.pbase.com/kerrypierce/root

Kerry Pierce's gear list:Kerry Pierce's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D3S Nikon D7000 Nikon D5100 +11 more
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?

philm5d wrote:

... effectively from a UK dealer , see, http://www.lcegroup.co.uk/Used/Nikon-2dx-Body_83807.html. There you go a £3k camera for £300.00 described as good condition with 6 months warranty. Now if only the D3X was the same!!!

Truly, the D2X has crossed my mind. As you say, a pro body for a low price. If one is shooting in daylight or strobe mostly it can surely be a great value.

On the D3X prices, you may not have to wait long...the D3 used in excellent condition are now down around 2,000, and if Nikon bring a 24 or 36MP D4 out in a year or so, all of the FF prices will come down even more... not only D3/s but D3X as well.

Great for us who buy used. My D300 cost 619 one third of what it cost new and works like a dream, never once in taking photos do I think of buffer, metering , etc...

That is actually the one thing that swung me to buy Canon or Nikon when I started two years ago, that if one acquires lenses for either of them, no matter if you have much spare cash, a good / excellent used body is always available and in a pinch one can buy one, and basically all are more versatile than 35mm film ever was.

Great stuff.

-- hide signature --

Amateur photographer. Enjoy.....believe in yourself..

Bajerunner's gear list:Bajerunner's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +8 more
yray
Contributing MemberPosts: 869
Like?
In reply to Kerry Pierce, 7 months ago

Kerry Pierce wrote:

I don't know how well d2x prices hold up in the UK or EU, but they are still fairly good in the US, with the d2x going for about $600 and the d2xs at $750 at KEH in EX+ condition.

I've often wondered why the folks that love the output of the d200, aren't snapping up the d2x bodies. I've read so many anecdotal remarks about how great the low ISO files are from the d2x, especially for colors. At these prices, I've seriously considered picking one up a d2xs for myself, just to experience the camera.

Yes, crossed my mind too, for the very same reason...

But, I always seem to have a need for the money elsewhere.

Kerry

-- hide signature --

Canadianguy
Contributing MemberPosts: 839
Like?
In reply to yray, 7 months ago

The D2x used a CMOS sensor while the D200 used a CCD sensor. But they did have a similar look in terms of colour and very little headroom in the highlight department.

yray wrote:

Kerry Pierce wrote:

I've often wondered why the folks that love the output of the d200, aren't snapping up the d2x bodies. I've read so many anecdotal remarks about how great the low ISO files are from the d2x, especially for colors. At these prices, I've seriously considered picking one up a d2xs for myself, just to experience the camera.

Kerry

-- hide signature --

yray
Contributing MemberPosts: 869
Like?
In reply to Canadianguy, 7 months ago

Canadianguy wrote:

The D2x used a CMOS sensor while the D200 used a CCD sensor. But they did have a similar look in terms of colour and very little headroom in the highlight department.

yray wrote:

Kerry Pierce wrote:

Kerry

-- hide signature --

For the kind of applications I can envision for this camera, its large form factor doesn't sit well with me. That might be the main reason I chose not to get one.

Dave Cruz
Contributing MemberPosts: 660Gear list
Like?
In reply to yray, 7 months ago

yray wrote:

Canadianguy wrote:

yray wrote:

Kerry Pierce wrote:

Kerry

-- hide signature --

For the kind of applications I can envision for this camera, its large form factor doesn't sit well with me. That might be the main reason I chose not to get one.

I love my D2x for the beautiful low ISO tones and image depth, but I don't miss it so much now that I've downloaded and use D2x Picture Controls in my D300 and D700. With the latter's smaller form factor (I carry two bodies easier when necessary) I have even less reason to miss the D2x, though at times I still do. IMO it is one of Nikon's truly great cameras.

DC

Dave Cruz's gear list:Dave Cruz's gear list
Nikon D2H Nikon D2Hs Nikon D2X Nikon D300 Nikon D700 +16 more
nikongnn
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?

Hallo, I bought another one in Italy, 40,000 exposures, perfect cosmetic conditions, fully working, boxed, 460 euros....and I'm really enjoing it. Good bargain.

Mr Gadget
Senior MemberPosts: 1,671
Like?

Kerry Pierce wrote:

I've often wondered why the folks that love the output of the d200, aren't snapping up the d2x bodies. I've read so many anecdotal remarks about how great the low ISO files are from the d2x, especially for colors. At these prices, I've seriously considered picking one up a d2xs for myself, just to experience the camera. But, I always seem to have a need for the money elsewhere.

Kerry

-- hide signature --

I bought a D2x in 2006?, a long time ago and have used the heck out of it, it does look a bit worse for wear but it still is a great camera if you can stay below 400 ISO. I have been waiting for the D400 and bought a X100 in 2011? for it's available light capabilities and the combination has worked quite well. I recently succumb to the D7100 Amazon sale and I have to say I am really pleased with its available light performance.

So my D2x is now permanently attached to my tripod in the studio and the D7100/X100 are taking over all the outside work. The images that I have been getting out of the D7100/X100 have convinced me that I have no need to "upgrade" to an FX body and lenses.

Once Nikon gets off it's butt and releases the D400/D7200/D9000 or whatever they call a full pro body DX camera I will have my ultimate set up.

-- hide signature --

Conrad
---------------------------------------------------
Show Low, Arizona

JimPearce
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,269Gear list
Like?
Well you hit the nail on the head here...
In reply to Dave Cruz, 7 months ago

The D3, D300, D700 or D3X with the D2X picture controls is as good as it gets if you like Nikon's older colour palette. The DR of the D2X is just too thin. I'm now weaning myself off of D2X mode III for wildlife as I'm using the D7100 as my primary body and using my D300s as backup for consistency in the look and will give the D300 to my daughter. But I will always miss the colour.

-- hide signature --

Jim

JimPearce's gear list:JimPearce's gear list
Nikon D7100
Kerry Pierce
Forum ProPosts: 17,214Gear list
Like?
In reply to Mr Gadget, 7 months ago

Mr Gadget wrote:

Kerry Pierce wrote:

I bought a D2x in 2006?, a long time ago and have used the heck out of it, it does look a bit worse for wear but it still is a great camera if you can stay below 400 ISO.

Hi Conrad,

Thanks for the affirmation on its low ISO performance. Although the d2x is officially linked into the FX forum, I don't think that it would be inappropriate for you to discuss it or upload photos here. Sadly, I don't think there are many that are still using it.

I have been waiting for the D400 and bought a X100 in 2011? for it's available light capabilities and the combination has worked quite well. I recently succumb to the D7100 Amazon sale and I have to say I am really pleased with its available light performance.

So my D2x is now permanently attached to my tripod in the studio and the D7100/X100 are taking over all the outside work. The images that I have been getting out of the D7100/X100 have convinced me that I have no need to "upgrade" to an FX body and lenses.

Once Nikon gets off it's butt and releases the D400/D7200/D9000 or whatever they call a full pro body DX camera I will have my ultimate set up.

I hear ya. That Amazon d7100 special sale was an incredible price and I agree, it does very nicely at higher ISOs. As for the d400, you'll be one of many that will be happy when it finally hits the streets.

Kerry

-- hide signature --

Kerry Pierce's gear list:Kerry Pierce's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D3S Nikon D7000 Nikon D5100 +11 more
Dave Luttmann
Forum ProPosts: 12,319Gear list
Like?

Kerry Pierce wrote:

Mr Gadget wrote:

Kerry Pierce wrote:

I bought a D2x in 2006?, a long time ago and have used the heck out of it, it does look a bit worse for wear but it still is a great camera if you can stay below 400 ISO.

Hi Conrad,

Thanks for the affirmation on its low ISO performance. Although the d2x is officially linked into the FX forum, I don't think that it would be inappropriate for you to discuss it or upload photos here. Sadly, I don't think there are many that are still using it.

I have been waiting for the D400 and bought a X100 in 2011? for it's available light capabilities and the combination has worked quite well. I recently succumb to the D7100 Amazon sale and I have to say I am really pleased with its available light performance.

I hear ya. That Amazon d7100 special sale was an incredible price and I agree, it does very nicely at higher ISOs. As for the d400, you'll be one of many that will be happy when it finally hits the streets.

Kerry

-- hide signature --

I still use my D2x. Despite changing over to Fuji for most of my work, I can't seem to part with my D2x.

Some photos from it.....

Dave Luttmann's gear list:Dave Luttmann's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Canon PowerShot SX150 IS Canon EOS D30 Canon EOS 10D Nikon D2X +15 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads