Advice on Camera Bags.

Started 9 months ago | Discussions
Marek07
Regular MemberPosts: 256Gear list
Like?
Advice on Camera Bags.
9 months ago

Please Advise....Am looking for a new Camera bag. I have been using the Tamrac Expedition 7x which after many years is coming to the end of It's life, and was getting quite small.

It needs to hold two 5d mk3 bodies with grip, 4 lenses, Flash, Flash Cards, Card Readers, Hard drives......etc

I need the bag to be the right size for 'carry on' something the Tamrac was difficult to do as It's quite high, as well as a rucksack design I have been looking into rolling bags but fear the camera's may damage due to vibrations of rolling the case on uneven surfaces?

Any advice would be amazing!

Marek07's gear list:Marek07's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM
Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
leicaman
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,495
Like?
ThinkTank
In reply to Marek07, 9 months ago

Try the Urban Disguise 60 or one of their traditional bags.  Very well thought out kit.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Cliff Fujii
Senior MemberPosts: 2,641Gear list
Like?
Re: Advice on Camera Bags.

For a roller bag, I can recommend the ThinkTank Airport International. I have the original version with the Airport Low Divider set so that I can pack my laptop into the carry on using the ThinkTank Artifical Intelligence 15 inside the camera compartment. There is a lot of cushioning so there is no worry about vibration damage to your gear. I've been to Europe, Central America, and the US with this bag and I can give my unqualified endorsement. It even had a cable lock so you can wire the bag to the seats in the waiting lounge.

http://www.thinktankphoto.com/products/airport-international-v2-roller-camera-bag.aspx

http://www.thinktankphoto.com/products/ai-low-divider-set.aspx

-- hide signature --

Cliff

Cliff Fujii's gear list:Cliff Fujii's gear list
Nikon Df Nikon 1 V3 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED +51 more
calson
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,315
Like?
Re: Advice on Camera Bags.

Roller cases will not damage your gear inside. The Think Tank are good as are the Tamrac ones. Choose based on the interior and compartments and keep in mind the international luggage max size of 22" x 14" x 9" which includes the handle.

I have used a Tamrac Strongbox for overseas and USA travel for 14 years and it is still in very good shape. I have changed the interior layout a dozen or more times and so it is in active use regardless of how much my kit changes.

A rolling bag will count as your luggage while a medium backpack does not on the airlines. The trick is to make a backpack look small and this is where the Gearguru Bataflae type of pack is good.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads