Canon 60D

Started 7 months ago | Discussions
Lowells
Regular MemberPosts: 237Gear list
Like?
Canon 60D
7 months ago

I was considering the Canon 70D camera but I am on a budget so then I saw the price of the 60D  and it was considerably lower. I was wondering if the 60D is still a good camera to get.

thanks

Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 70D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
asad137
Contributing MemberPosts: 686
Like?
Re: Canon 60D
In reply to Lowells, 7 months ago

Lowells wrote:

I was considering the Canon 70D camera but I am on a budget so then I saw the price of the 60D and it was considerably lower. I was wondering if the 60D is still a good camera to get.

The 60D is a great camera. Purely in terms of image quality, you lose very little compared to the 70D.

The main things you get with the 70D over the 60D are a better through-the-viewfinder AF system (19 points similar to the 7D's AF), better live view/video AF with the dual-pixel sensor, a faster burst shooting rate (7 FPS vs. 5.3), the touchscreen, and WiFi. EDIT: And the return of lens-based autofocus microadjustment to the xxD line.

It's up to you to determine if those things are worth it to you, personally, for the things you shoot. For example, if you shoot sports or birds in flight and you need better AF tracking and a faster shooting rate, the 70D makes a lot of sense. Similarly, if you do a lot of video work and can make good use of the video AF, the 70D makes a lot of sense.

OTOH, if you shoot mainly, say, landscapes or portraits, the extra resolution of the 70D is a pretty minor increase (a 6% increase in linear resolution) and may not be important, and you can save a lot of money with the 60D and put it towards a lens.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Lowells
Like?
In reply to asad137, 7 months ago

thank  you Assad. your comments are greatly appreciated.

photosen
Senior MemberPosts: 2,685Gear list
Like?

As said, it's a great camera, the 70D brings more things to the table, in particular regarding video, better AF, but in terms of image quality it's not a huge step up.

photosen's gear list:photosen's gear list
Canon EOS 30D Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM +3 more
Pusseapa
Contributing MemberPosts: 716
Like?

asad137 wrote:

Lowells wrote:

I was considering the Canon 70D camera but I am on a budget so then I saw the price of the 60D and it was considerably lower. I was wondering if the 60D is still a good camera to get.

The 60D is a great camera. Purely in terms of image quality, you lose very little compared to the 70D.

The main things you get with the 70D over the 60D are a better through-the-viewfinder AF system (19 points similar to the 7D's AF), better live view/video AF with the dual-pixel sensor, a faster burst shooting rate (7 FPS vs. 5.3), the touchscreen, and WiFi. EDIT: And the return of lens-based autofocus microadjustment to the xxD line.

It's up to you to determine if those things are worth it to you, personally, for the things you shoot. For example, if you shoot sports or birds in flight and you need better AF tracking and a faster shooting rate, the 70D makes a lot of sense. Similarly, if you do a lot of video work and can make good use of the video AF, the 70D makes a lot of sense.

OTOH, if you shoot mainly, say, landscapes or portraits, the extra resolution of the 70D is a pretty minor increase (a 6% increase in linear resolution) and may not be important, and you can save a lot of money with the 60D and put it towards a lens.

agree completely

-- hide signature --

ktownbill
Senior MemberPosts: 1,888
Like?

asad137 wrote:

Lowells wrote:

excellent reply!  To the OP: Both are excellent choices, what are you going to do?

-- hide signature --

Bill

Lowells
Like?
In reply to ktownbill, 7 months ago

thank you every one for all your help.Because of financial constraints I will go for the Canon 60D  and get a good lens to complement this camera.

digitalcuriosity
Contributing MemberPosts: 758
Like?

Lowells wrote:

thank you every one for all your help.Because of financial constraints I will go for the Canon 60D and get a good lens to complement this camera.

Even after I bought a Canon 70D, I still am keeping and using my Canon 60D. I feel both have uses and will keep them both a long time. I still have my Canon 50D and still find it has lots of uses.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads