Started Dec 12, 2013 | Discussions
Joel Stern
Forum ProPosts: 10,531Gear list
Like?
New replacement battery for GX7
Dec 12, 2013

Panasonic DMW-BLE9

Amazon USA has them for $17.49

The other battery, I was informed by BH today who gave me this as the new replacement has been discontinued.

-- hide signature --

If i am typing on my iPad, please excuse any typos.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
brentbrent
Contributing MemberPosts: 934Gear list
Like?
Re: New replacement battery for GX7
In reply to Joel Stern, Dec 12, 2013

BLG10PP that came with the GX7 has 1025mAh

BLE9 has 940mAh - that's a step in the wrong direction!

I bought a couple of Wasabi batteries.  They claim to be 1100mAh.

brentbrent's gear list:brentbrent's gear list
Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Owen
Senior MemberPosts: 2,176
Like?
In reply to brentbrent, Dec 12, 2013

No problems with my Wasabi battery..........yet.

Owen

Tim200
Regular MemberPosts: 185Gear list
Like?

Did they indicate reason for discontinuation?  Hope there is no safety issue or defect that can harm the camera.

Tim200's gear list:Tim200's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +2 more
Joel Stern
Like?
In reply to brentbrent, Dec 12, 2013

brentbrent wrote:

BLG10PP that came with the GX7 has 1025mAh

BLE9 has 940mAh - that's a step in the wrong direction!

I bought a couple of Wasabi batteries. They claim to be 1100mAh.

Only going on what BH told me Panasonic told them. I also ordered just one Wasabi till I could see how it worked, but at that price I ordered 3 of the Panasonic batteries.

-- hide signature --

Joel Stern
Like?
In reply to Tim200, Dec 12, 2013

Tim200 wrote:

Did they indicate reason for discontinuation? Hope there is no safety issue or defect that can harm the camera.

I tried to find out they said they were just notified it was discontinued...but there must be a reason. It would be nice to know.

-- hide signature --

Joel Stern
Like?
PANASONIC SAYS NOT DISCONTINUED

So who do I believe, they say it will be available in 3 weeks. Go figure, BH with misinformation, that is a surprise.

-- hide signature --

Tim200
Regular MemberPosts: 185Gear list
Like?
Re: PANASONIC SAYS NOT DISCONTINUED

Joel Stern wrote:

So who do I believe, they say it will be available in 3 weeks. Go figure, BH with misinformation, that is a surprise.

-- hide signature --

Has anyone validated that DMW-BLE9 actually works in gx7 or could that be misinformation as well?  If it does work, I'd probably grab one anyway with such a low price.

Tim200's gear list:Tim200's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +2 more
Joel Stern
Like?

listTim200 wrote:

Joel Stern wrote:

-- hide signature --

Has anyone validated that DMW-BLE9 actually works in gx7 or could that be misinformation as well? If it does work, I'd probably grab one anyway with such a low price.

The Wasabi Battery selling for the GX7 is listed for the GF 3,5,6 and GX7 at 100 mAH. Other than that I don't know but I will wait for the correct battery from Panasonic.

-- hide signature --

Gunnlaugur Gudmundsson
Contributing MemberPosts: 675Gear list
Like?
Watson 7.2V, 930mAH

I just ordered a Watson BLG10 battery from B&H Photo (7.2v 930mAh) they say is for Panasonic GX7... $24.95... anyone know anything about this battery... B&H say it is a New Arrival....

is 930mAh sufficient/ok?

Gunnlaugur Gudmundsson's gear list:Gunnlaugur Gudmundsson's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II ASPH Mega OIS
Helen
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,039
Like?

Tim200 wrote:

Joel Stern wrote:

-- hide signature --

Has anyone validated that DMW-BLE9 actually works in gx7 or could that be misinformation as well? If it does work, I'd probably grab one anyway with such a low price.

Yes, it definitely does.  The two batteries use the same charger (actually, so does the physically smaller battery for the GM1) but most tellingly (apart from the fact I've tried it) is that in the UK, the official retail "accessory kit" branded and sold by Panasonic themselves, containing an ER case and a spare battery, actually contains the DMW-BLE9!  Initially I thought this was a mistake, but the box shows this battery in the photograph on it, and gives this battery's name on the box contents too.

The same case and a spare battery were also supplied free in the UK by redemption on GX7's sold up to a certain date.  In my experience, this package was not boxed as a set (the case supplied just in a plastic bag) but the battery is boxed and is the DMW-BLG10.  Strange...

Presumably it's just a matter of what's available, as the DMW-BLE9 has been in production for quite a while, as it's the battery for the GF3, GF5 and GF6, whereas the DMW-BLG10 was introduced with the GX7.  They do just seem to be different capacity versions of the same battery anyway.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads