New 7DMk2 rumour - when?

Started Dec 12, 2013 | Discussions
nick101
Contributing MemberPosts: 705Gear list
Like?
New 7DMk2 rumour - when?
Dec 12, 2013

Does anyone know when the next 7dMK2 rumour will be available. I've searched here and on Google, and I can only find information about existing and old rumours.

I do seem to remember someone saying that they thought there might be a new rumour this month. Can anyone confirm?

nick101's gear list:nick101's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS 7D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +9 more
Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
phill104
Senior MemberPosts: 1,550
Like?
Re: New 7DMk2 rumour - when?
In reply to nick101, Dec 12, 2013

nick101 wrote:

Does anyone know when the next 7dMK2 rumour will be available. I've searched here and on Google, and I can only find information about existing and old rumours.

I do seem to remember someone saying that they thought there might be a new rumour this month. Can anyone confirm?

There was a rumour that the next rumour would be bollox, but until the rumour of the rumour arrives we can only speculate on the content.

-- hide signature --

C&C always welcomed.
Some of my piccies - http://www.flickr.com/photos/distinctly_average
A windsurfing website I built - http://www.windsurf.me.uk

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
riknash
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,734Gear list
Like?

Anyone can start a rumour. Maybe you could start a new 7DII rumor that says Canon has decided to drop development on it in favour of a black and silver 7Fd which has a unique set of features designed to reinvigorate the photographer with a good dose of nostalgia and inspire them to take photos that look like they came from a 1970's film camera complete with micro scratches on the emulsion unique to every individual sensor on each camera.

Seriously, if Canon doesn't come out with a replacement next year, it'll be time to reevaluate and go elsewhere.

riknash's gear list:riknash's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Sony Alpha NEX-7 Canon EOS 5D Mark III HTC One
plugin
Contributing MemberPosts: 798
Like?

nick101 wrote:

Until the rumour is released, it will all be speculation. None of us here actually know when the updated rumours will be released.

unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Tomorrow.

nick101 wrote:

There is a rumor that a new rumor with start tomorrow and then possibly a completely different rumor next week.  The rumor is only rumored so it's uncertain how certain any given rumored rumor will be at this point.  The certainty of the uncertainty can only be speculated on at this point as the rumored rumor is still only a rumor.

howardroark's gear list:howardroark's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X
yehudakgtbnet
Contributing MemberPosts: 940
Like?
I asked this question our local witch.

nick101 wrote:

Her answer was that she knows for sure the new release will be on Feb. 29, 2014.

She never mistakes.

Yehuda

Alastair Norcross
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,614Gear list
Like?
"Seriously". Seriously?
In reply to riknash, Dec 12, 2013

riknash wrote:

Anyone can start a rumour. Maybe you could start a new 7DII rumor that says Canon has decided to drop development on it in favour of a black and silver 7Fd which has a unique set of features designed to reinvigorate the photographer with a good dose of nostalgia and inspire them to take photos that look like they came from a 1970's film camera complete with micro scratches on the emulsion unique to every individual sensor on each camera.

Seriously,

I think you're posting on the wrong thread. There's a rumour going around that some dpr threads about rumours aren't supposed to be taken seriously.

if Canon doesn't come out with a replacement next year, it'll be time to reevaluate and go elsewhere.

-- hide signature --

Alastair
http://anorcross.smugmug.com
Equipment in profile

Alastair Norcross's gear list:Alastair Norcross's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 (2000) Canon PowerShot SD450 Canon PowerShot SD870 IS Canon PowerShot S45 Pentax Optio W60 +16 more
mfait
Contributing MemberPosts: 576Gear list
Like?
Re: I asked this question our local witch.
In reply to yehudakgtbnet, Dec 12, 2013

yehudakgtbnet wrote:

nick101 wrote:

Her answer was that she knows for sure the new release will be on Feb. 29, 2014.

She never mistakes.

Yehuda

She's a fake.  The 7dm1 will be released on March 15th.

mfait's gear list:mfait's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Canon EOS 450D
skanter
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,791Gear list
Like?

I have a good source from Japan (sorry, I can't reveal it) that there will be a new rumor released

in the first quarter of 2014. Very exciting!

-- hide signature --

Sam K., NYC

skanter's gear list:skanter's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM +6 more
Rexgig0
Senior MemberPosts: 1,935Gear list
Like?
"Confirm" a rumour?

Sseriously, if it can be confirmed, it is not a rumor.

I am in no hurry to replace my working pair of 7D cameras just yet. Life is really quite good right now.

-- hide signature --

I wear a badge and pistol, and, primarily with 7D cameras, with 10-22mm and 100mm Macro L lenses, shoot evidentiary images at night, which incorporates elements of portrait, macro, still life, landscape, architecture, PJ, and occasional action. During personal time, I enjoy using both Canons and Nikons.

Rexgig0's gear list:Rexgig0's gear list
Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED +26 more
Rahul Ranadive
Junior MemberPosts: 43
Like?
In reply to riknash, Dec 13, 2013

As the owner of 5D3 we non 5d3 owners feel you have the best thing going. Sorry, I mean where are we going, constantly on the edge fearing a new camera on the horizon that makes your current model feel redundant?

phill104
Senior MemberPosts: 1,550
Like?
Re: "Confirm" a rumour?
In reply to Rexgig0, Dec 13, 2013

I wear a badge and pistol, and, primarily with 7D cameras,

Does that mean you are licenced to shoot down these rumours?

-- hide signature --

C&C always welcomed.
Some of my piccies - http://www.flickr.com/photos/distinctly_average
A windsurfing website I built - http://www.windsurf.me.uk

nick101
Contributing MemberPosts: 705Gear list
Like?
Re: "Confirm" a rumour?
In reply to Rexgig0, Dec 13, 2013

Rexgig0 wrote:

Sseriously, if it can be confirmed, it is not a rumor.

I need to confirm that it's a rumour. I have a 7D which takes perfectly good pictures and works extremely well in every respect. However, I read somewhere that it'll stop working when the next rumour of a 7D2 appears.

Also, until the rumour is confirmed, I can't post my next question which will be about whether to replace my perfectly satisfactory 7D with the rumoured 7D2 or wait for the not-yet-rumoured 7D3.

It's all so frustrating

nick101's gear list:nick101's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS 7D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +9 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads