X pro1 buttons

Started 8 months ago | Discussions
Dave Chilvers
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,174Gear list
Like?
X pro1 buttons
8 months ago

Still inadvertently touching buttons on the camera, I have the grip and a thumbs up but still changing settings when I don`t want to. I had a quick look in the manual but as I can see there isn`t a means of locking certain buttons. anyone else had any problems with touching buttons when not intending to?

Dave

-- hide signature --

I feel so much better now that I've given up Hope
http://www.pbase.com/davechilvers/latest_images

Dave Chilvers's gear list:Dave Chilvers's gear list
Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X-Pro1 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm X-E1 +8 more
Alessandro Catuogno
Regular MemberPosts: 440Gear list
Like?
Re: X pro1 buttons
In reply to Dave Chilvers, 8 months ago

Hi Dave.

Some problems for me, i have big hands and mostly i touch ae.l af-l buttons, on the Pro 1.

I have not the thumbs up, because i need the hot shoe for flash,I have the grip, but it's so small for me.

I'll try one from the ebay or Amazon reseller coming from China, seem on pictures a bit bigger.

Yesterday i ordered one for my X-E2, i'm waiting.

Greetings

Alessandro

www.alessandrocatuogno.com

Alessandro Catuogno's gear list:Alessandro Catuogno's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark II Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X-Pro1 +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
biza43
Senior MemberPosts: 2,020Gear list
Like?

No problems for me.

-- hide signature --

www.paulobizarro.com

biza43's gear list:biza43's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +1 more
Dave Chilvers
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,174Gear list
Like?
In reply to Alessandro Catuogno, 8 months ago

Alessandro Catuogno wrote:

Hi Dave.

Some problems for me, i have big hands and mostly i touch ae.l af-l buttons, on the Pro 1.

I have not the thumbs up, because i need the hot shoe for flash,I have the grip, but it's so small for me.

I'll try one from the ebay or Amazon reseller coming from China, seem on pictures a bit bigger.

Yesterday i ordered one for my X-E2, i'm waiting.

Greetings

Alessandro

www.alessandrocatuogno.com

I also have large hands so maybe thats why.

-- hide signature --

I feel so much better now that I've given up Hope
http://www.pbase.com/davechilvers/latest_images

Dave Chilvers's gear list:Dave Chilvers's gear list
Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X-Pro1 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm X-E1 +8 more
gerard boulanger
Senior MemberPosts: 2,262Gear list
Like?

I used to hit the "Q" button before, but not anymore with the thumb up device. Better handling too.

gerard boulanger's gear list:gerard boulanger's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8
Felts
Regular MemberPosts: 298Gear list
Like?
In reply to gerard boulanger, 8 months ago

gerard boulanger wrote:

I used to hit the "Q" button before, but not anymore with the thumb up device. Better handling too.

+1 on the Thumbs Up... Expensive but probably worth it as it definately improves handling...

-- hide signature --
 Felts's gear list:Felts's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon Df
gerard boulanger
Senior MemberPosts: 2,262Gear list
Like?
In reply to Felts, 8 months ago

Relatively inexpensive. I spend $25 for it (online purchase), no need to ad for them here...

gerard boulanger's gear list:gerard boulanger's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8
Chris G Hughes
Regular MemberPosts: 386Gear list
Like?

On the X-E2 you can lock all the buttons while shooting by pressing and holding the menu button. Unlock by doing the same thing. Perhaps the X-Pro has the same function?

Chris G Hughes's gear list:Chris G Hughes's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Canon PowerShot SX260 HS Nikon D300 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R +5 more
meagre offerings
Senior MemberPosts: 3,691Gear list
Like?
In reply to Chris G Hughes, 8 months ago

Chris G Hughes wrote:

On the X-E2 you can lock all the buttons while shooting by pressing and holding the menu button. Unlock by doing the same thing. Perhaps the X-Pro has the same function?

it would be handy if one could lock the buttons on the xp1, i will have to get off my ass and go and see, maybe later.

my thumbs up cost £5.75 from china, its no different than the expensive ones as far as i can tell, i also got a fuji hand grip, but i still keep knocking the`Q` button now and again, but i can live with that, i just have to knock it again and it goes away.

best

pc

-- hide signature --

http://www.pbase.com/meagre_offerings/street_photography
also a proud member of the `lesser leica owners club`.

meagre offerings's gear list:meagre offerings's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +3 more
meagre offerings
Senior MemberPosts: 3,691Gear list
Like?
In reply to meagre offerings, 8 months ago

meagre offerings wrote:

Chris G Hughes wrote:

it would be handy if one could lock the buttons on the xp1, i will have to get off my ass and go and see, maybe later.

my thumbs up cost £5.75 from china, its no different than the expensive ones as far as i can tell, i also got a fuji hand grip, but i still keep knocking the`Q` button now and again, but i can live with that, i just have to knock it again and it goes away.

best

pc

-- hide signature --

right, i have just been and had a look at my xp1, and if you hold the menu button for a couple of seconds, there appears a picture of a padlock and the word on, but when you press any of the buttons, they still work, so i dont have a clue what occuring.

best

pc

-- hide signature --

meagre offerings's gear list:meagre offerings's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +3 more
R Neuschul
Regular MemberPosts: 402
Like?
In reply to gerard boulanger, 8 months ago

There *is* a difference between the cheap thumb grips available on ebay and a Thumbs Up. Have tried several flavours of cheap items; they're not as well made and they usually aren't as well shaped to the 'normal' hand position. Tim takes great care over the designs of his products; they may be expensive but they're worth it.

R Neuschul
Regular MemberPosts: 402
Like?
In reply to meagre offerings, 8 months ago

Menu "lock" is for macro as far as I recall. Need to check but as far as I recall it was introduced as part of a firmware update earlier this summer.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads