Eos 6D in the streets of South Africa...

Started 9 months ago | Discussions
IvanM
Regular MemberPosts: 403Gear list
Like?
Eos 6D in the streets of South Africa...
9 months ago

I tested my new Eos 6d and my also new 85mm f1.8 lens in Steve Biko & Voortrekker streets, Pretoria yesterday. I wanted a lens that could shoot across the street and that is also small and sharp right into the corners. This camera & lens combination is fast & silent and just works so well that I did not miss a shot...more of my images  of Steve Biko str. etc here at . . .http://thelazytravelphotographer.blogspot.com/2013/12/blue-is-colour.html

Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Spad16
Contributing MemberPosts: 860Gear list
Like?
Re: Eos 6D in the streets of South Africa...
In reply to IvanM, 9 months ago

I liked that guy, very cool. Looking forward to more of these.
/Neil

Spad16's gear list:Spad16's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/4L IS USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
IvanM
Like?
In reply to Spad16, 9 months ago

thanks Neil! I am on my way to Capetown and it will take me 6 days to get there...i am stopping at every little small town on the way...so there is going to be lots more images like this!

Spad16
Contributing MemberPosts: 860Gear list
Like?
In reply to IvanM, 9 months ago

One of the images of South Africa that I missed and have regretted ever since was in Mpumalanga somewhere, one of all those small towns, there was a car mechanic sitting in the dust in front of his shop fiddling with an engine, just like Mr. J.L.B. Matekoni in the No1 ladies detective books. I was too shy to take his photo...........

/Neil

Spad16's gear list:Spad16's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/4L IS USM
IvanM
Like?
In reply to Spad16, 9 months ago

hi Neil, yes the ones you missed are the ones that stay with you for the rest of your life....I am going on a 6day trip down to Capetown leaving on sunday and I find it takes a day or two to really get into the swing of things and become more comfortable just asking people if you can take their photo....

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads