Does anyone use the Canon S110 for concerts?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions
memo90061
Contributing MemberPosts: 580Gear list
Like?
Does anyone use the Canon S110 for concerts?
9 months ago

I'm going to a last minute concert tomorrow, and it seems that I have bad luck with cameras. They have always made me return them to the car. They are very strict in LA it seems. I really didn't go to many concerts this year. I had the Sony RX100 for concerts and loved it. I currently don't have it with me. I want a cheap camera, and saw that Best Buy has this camera for 220. Is the S110 good for concerts?

memo90061's gear list:memo90061's gear list
Olympus E-M1
Canon PowerShot S110 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
toomanycanons
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,514
Like?
Re: Does anyone use the Canon S110 for concerts?
In reply to memo90061, 9 months ago

memo90061 wrote:

I'm going to a last minute concert tomorrow, and it seems that I have bad luck with cameras. They have always made me return them to the car. They are very strict in LA it seems. I really didn't go to many concerts this year. I had the Sony RX100 for concerts and loved it. I currently don't have it with me. I want a cheap camera, and saw that Best Buy has this camera for 220. Is the S110 good for concerts?

Not as good as your RX100.  Did you have this "bad luck" with your Sony?  If not, the same luck will apply to the S110.  Is the S110 good for concerts?  Well, it will take pics if that's all you're asking of it.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
memo90061
Contributing MemberPosts: 580Gear list
Like?
In reply to toomanycanons, 9 months ago

I sold the RX100 thinking I wouldn't go to any concerts anytime soon. I wasn't using it, and it stayed at home, so I thought I would sell it to have extra cash.

memo90061's gear list:memo90061's gear list
Olympus E-M1
Rain Santiago
New MemberPosts: 24Gear list
Like?
In reply to memo90061, 9 months ago

As a previous owner of the RX100 the S110 is a solid camera you just have to know its limitations, max you can push is IS01600, 3200 is possible if you shoot RAW, unlike the RX100 you can confidently go 6400 safely. It may not have the mind blowing image quality but the size and value it's going right now at $220 it's hard not to pick this up.

-- hide signature --
 Rain Santiago's gear list:Rain Santiago's gear list
Canon PowerShot S110 Nikon Coolpix A
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads