Self-family photos: harder then before (lots of photos)

Started 10 months ago | Discussions
RightRudder
Senior MemberPosts: 2,272
Like?
Self-family photos: harder then before (lots of photos)
10 months ago

Together with my wife and kids, I went to a park to take some "nice family photos". The two younger kids did not cooperate and, naturally, all they wanted was to play.

So any self-family photos that I got (tripod and remote), looked something like this: youngest one is crying like there's no tomorrow; middle kid is busy poking the older one; oldest is en-guard; wife is going 'cheeeeeeeeze!' and I'm fiddling with the E-3's remote.

Eventually we gave up and the kids began doing their thing on the playground - so that's when I got some of the shots (in the reply.

Olympus E-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
RightRudder
Senior MemberPosts: 2,272
Like?
10 photos (E-3 and ZD50 or ZD35-100)
In reply to RightRudder, 10 months ago

E-3, ZD50mm, Fl-50

E-3, ZD50mm, Fl-50

E-3, 35-100 (direct sunlight was no longer there)

E-3, 35-100

Of my daughter I could hardly get candids; I might give the self-family photos one more shot next weekend - and if I still can't get it done, I'll leave it to the pros and go to a studio (or tell my dear wife I weneed an EM-1 )

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
klaas-Rotterdam
Regular MemberPosts: 284Gear list
Like?
Re: Self-family photos: harder then before (lots of photos)

Nice series my friend.

-- hide signature --

Groet/Regards.
Klaas

klaas-Rotterdam's gear list:klaas-Rotterdam's gear list
Olympus D-595 Zoom Olympus E-620 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 18-180mm 1:3.5-6.3 +11 more
mariomirabile
Senior MemberPosts: 1,280Gear list
Like?
Well...

... I'd ditch the first approach and stick with whatever you were doing to get these shots. A lovely series.

Really brings back memories. My daughter (now 20) is likely to pull a face or cover up like a celebrity caught in an incriminating situation if I'm silly enough to point a camera at her.

-- hide signature --

Mario
It's nothing without light
www.miralightimaging.com

aja2
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,657
Like?
Re: Self-family photos: harder then before (lots of photos)

I think you did well - and I like these portraits better than the usual staid 'family shot,' anyway. Add you & your wife & make a nice collage!

RoelHendrickx
Forum ProPosts: 22,561
Like?
Spontaneity cannot be beaten

RightRudder wrote:

E-3, ZD50mm, Fl-50

E-3, ZD50mm, Fl-50

E-3, 35-100

Of my daughter I could hardly get candids; I might give the self-family photos one more shot next weekend - and if I still can't get it done, I'll leave it to the pros and go to a studio (or tell my dear wife I weneed an EM-1 )

For people shots, I think there is no way that a spontaneous approach can be beaten by posed images.

-- hide signature --

Roel Hendrickx
lots of images: www.roelh.zenfolio.com
my E-3 user field report from Tunisian Sahara: http://www.biofos.com/ukpsg/roel.html

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads