Users manual for D7000

Started Dec 12, 2013 | Discussions
ordkhntr
Junior MemberPosts: 34Gear list
Like?
Users manual for D7000
Dec 12, 2013

Bought a used D7000 and it came with a Spanish manual. My Spanish stinks, I have a hard time ordering food at a mexican resturant (if anyone wants it just let me know). Anyway, I thought I could wing it by just watching youtube videos and such.......well, its not working all that well. I would really like to have a book in hand to reference when needed. Nikon has it in a pdf format, but then I'll have all these sheets everywhere stapled and clipped and falling apart. Are any of the books out there any good or should I try Nikon?

Thanks

RJ

ordkhntr's gear list:ordkhntr's gear list
Nikon Coolpix S9500 Nikon D40 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +2 more
Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Mako2011
Mako2011 MOD
Forum ProPosts: 16,276
Like?
Options
In reply to ordkhntr, Dec 12, 2013

ordkhntr wrote:

Bought a used D7000 and it came with a Spanish manual. My Spanish stinks, I have a hard time ordering food at a mexican resturant (if anyone wants it just let me know). Anyway, I thought I could wing it by just watching youtube videos and such.......well, its not working all that well. I would really like to have a book in hand to reference when needed. Nikon has it in a pdf format, but then I'll have all these sheets everywhere stapled and clipped and falling apart. Are any of the books out there any good or should I try Nikon?

Thanks

RJ

The hard copy manual is obviously the same as the PDF. Once you go though it a few times the hard copy I don't bother with. The Thom Hogan guide for the D7000 is really good. Makes the Nikon manual seem like poor CliffsNotes.  If you are new to D90's and beyond, I would really recommend it. Makes for a really solid Nikon/DSLR foundation

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Steve Bingham
Forum ProPosts: 21,003Gear list
Like?
Re: Options
In reply to Mako2011, Dec 12, 2013

Use google. Download a PDF manual. Free. Print the pages you want.

-- hide signature --

Steve Bingham
www.dustylens.com
www.ghost-town-photography.com

Steve Bingham's gear list:Steve Bingham's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D7100 Nikon D610 Nikon D5300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +21 more
Mako2011
Mako2011 MOD
Forum ProPosts: 16,276
Like?
In reply to Steve Bingham, Dec 12, 2013

Steve Bingham wrote:

He addressed that...allergic to staples. I can sympathize

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

BirgerH
Senior MemberPosts: 1,530Gear list
Like?

Mako2011 wrote:

ordkhntr wrote:

Thanks

RJ

The hard copy manual is obviously the same as the PDF. Once you go though it a few times the hard copy I don't bother with. The Thom Hogan guide for the D7000 is really good. Makes the Nikon manual seem like poor CliffsNotes. If you are new to D90's and beyond, I would really recommend it. Makes for a really solid Nikon/DSLR foundation

I'm sorry to tell you, but Thoms D7000 guide is out of sale at the moment. Ordered it some 14 days back and got a message, that it will (soon) be availible in a download version, but as I understood, not in a printed book version. Shame

-- hide signature --

Regards

BirgerH.

BirgerH's gear list:BirgerH's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Tamron SP AF 11-18mm F/4.5-5.6 Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron AF 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro +14 more
Cope
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,321Gear list
Like?

Mako2011 wrote:

Steve Bingham wrote:

He addressed that...allergic to staples. I can sympathize

-- hide signature --

Then he can read it off his PC.

-- hide signature --

Never ask a man where he's from. If he is from Texas, he'll tell you. Otherwise, don't embarrass him.

Cope's gear list:Cope's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 (IF) DX +3 more
Cope
Like?
In reply to BirgerH, Dec 12, 2013

BirgerH wrote:

Mako2011 wrote:

ordkhntr wrote:

Thanks

RJ

The hard copy manual is obviously the same as the PDF. Once you go though it a few times the hard copy I don't bother with. The Thom Hogan guide for the D7000 is really good. Makes the Nikon manual seem like poor CliffsNotes. If you are new to D90's and beyond, I would really recommend it. Makes for a really solid Nikon/DSLR foundation

I'm sorry to tell you, but Thoms D7000 guide is out of sale at the moment. Ordered it some 14 days back and got a message, that it will (soon) be availible in a download version, but as I understood, not in a printed book version. Shame

-- hide signature --

Regards

BirgerH.

Birger, it comes with a hard copy book that is better than the manual, and he gives the buyer permission to print or have printed, one copy.

-- hide signature --

Never ask a man where he's from. If he is from Texas, he'll tell you. Otherwise, don't embarrass him.

Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 (IF) DX +3 more
Crashton
Contributing MemberPosts: 577Gear list
Like?
Re: Users manual for D7000
In reply to jrodgersumich, Dec 12, 2013

For sure download the Nikon pdf.

David Busch's guides are supposed to be good.

D7000 guide book

Crashton's gear list:Crashton's gear list
Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 Nikkor 10mm f/2.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor 18.5mm f/1.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 DxO FilmPack 3 Essential +4 more
BirgerH
Senior MemberPosts: 1,530Gear list
Like?
In reply to Cope, Dec 12, 2013

Cope wrote:

BirgerH wrote:

Mako2011 wrote:

ordkhntr wrote:

Thanks

RJ

-- hide signature --

Regards

BirgerH.

Birger, it comes with a hard copy book that is better than the manual, and he gives the buyer permission to print or have printed, one copy.

-- hide signature --

Yes, I know that - but he sent me this message (together with the payment return) that there was no left, and that I should Watch his homesite for a download version in some weeks.

It will be okay for me, I hadn't ordered the book, only the CD - so to me a download is okay - but not to the OP.

BirgerH.

BirgerH's gear list:BirgerH's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Tamron SP AF 11-18mm F/4.5-5.6 Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron AF 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro +14 more
Cope
Like?
In reply to BirgerH, Dec 12, 2013

BirgerH wrote:

Cope wrote:

BirgerH wrote:

Mako2011 wrote:

ordkhntr wrote:

Thanks

RJ

-- hide signature --

Regards

BirgerH.

-- hide signature --

Yes, I know that - but he sent me this message (together with the payment return) that there was no left, and that I should Watch his homesite for a download version in some weeks.

It will be okay for me, I hadn't ordered the book, only the CD - so to me a download is okay - but not to the OP.

BirgerH.

I understood your post, I just thought you didn't know about the print book.  I can't remember if I paid extra or it came with the DVD.

-- hide signature --

brucet
Senior MemberPosts: 1,583
Like?
In reply to Crashton, Dec 13, 2013

Got David Busch and the manual on my Nook. No paper no staples!!!

regards

ordkhntr
Junior MemberPosts: 34Gear list
Like?
In reply to brucet, Dec 18, 2013

Just got the David Busch guide. Looks to be pretty in depth. When I first purchased my D40 I didnt really read the manual, just kinda used it as a big point n shoot. Last time I really got into photography I had a Minolta X700 and Nikon F3.....needless to say it looks like things have changed .

Thanks again for the replies

RJ

ordkhntr's gear list:ordkhntr's gear list
Nikon Coolpix S9500 Nikon D40 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads