4/3 lens focus changes with firmware update

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
Bob Greenberg
Regular MemberPosts: 206Gear list
Like?
4/3 lens focus changes with firmware update
4 months ago

Has anyone else noticed a change with how focus works after the update?  I'm seeing my 50-200swd and ec 1.4 hunt more with SAF, although CAF seems to be better.

Is it just me or have you seen this?

-- hide signature --

Bob

Bob Greenberg's gear list:Bob Greenberg's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS +1 more
DonParrot
Senior MemberPosts: 1,564Gear list
Like?
Re: 4/3 lens focus changes with firmware update
In reply to Bob Greenberg, 4 months ago

I didn't know there was a FW update.

-- hide signature --

I wish I was an OLYgarch

DonParrot's gear list:DonParrot's gear list
Olympus E-30 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
drj3
Contributing MemberPosts: 842Gear list
Like?

Bob Greenberg wrote:

Has anyone else noticed a change with how focus works after the update? I'm seeing my 50-200swd and ec 1.4 hunt more with SAF, although CAF seems to be better.

Is it just me or have you seen this?

-- hide signature --

Bob

I assume you mean the E-M1 firmware update.  I personally have not noticed any difference in focus speed of either the 12-60 or EC14+50-200 for SAF after the update.  Maybe a little more accurate small center point focus selection with the EC14+50-200, but that may just be me adjusting to the camera.  I have not had enough time using CAF to judge any changes.

-- hide signature --

drj3

drj3's gear list:drj3's gear list
Olympus E-510 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD +5 more
Bob Greenberg
Regular MemberPosts: 206Gear list
Like?

Sorry to be obtuse, I did mean the EM1 firmware update.  More specifically, particularly with BIFs the lens either locks on ok quickly or wanders way out of focus for quite a while.

-- hide signature --

Bob

Bob Greenberg's gear list:Bob Greenberg's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads