Learn Photography

Started 8 months ago | Questions
BEARMYLOVE
Regular MemberPosts: 297Gear list
Like?
Learn Photography
8 months ago

Is the Fuji x-e2 a good camera to learn photography on? At the moment I have a Sony 5r.  Thanks.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-E2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
57even
Senior MemberPosts: 5,706Gear list
Like?
Re: Learn Photography
In reply to BEARMYLOVE, 8 months ago

BEARMYLOVE wrote:

Is the Fuji x-e2 a good camera to learn photography on? At the moment I have a Sony 5r. Thanks.

As good as any. The fact that the controls are direct (aperture ring on lens, speed dial on top, ev comp easy to access and wysiwyg viewfinder) makes it quite a good learning tool I would say.

Very little reconfiguration needed.

57even's gear list:57even's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-E1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
flbrit
Senior MemberPosts: 2,943Gear list
Like?

The camera you have is more than adequate to learn with. Suggest you stay with it and maybe decide if you need more is 6 or so months.

I suggest you seek out a local camera club. Many provide mentor sessions for newbies.

Brian

flbrit's gear list:flbrit's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Nikon D800E Nikon D5200 Fujifilm X-E2 +2 more
BEARMYLOVE
Regular MemberPosts: 297Gear list
Like?
In reply to flbrit, 8 months ago

There are no clubs here that I know off. Is there anything on the internet or elsewhere?

coolcatdaddy
Regular MemberPosts: 153
Like?

my first 'real' camera was the nex3. i was impressed with the sensor/imaging. however, i quickly realized i would never learn the basics of photography with a camera that was designed for point and shoot.

got a used x100 and with the full manual, analog controls plus optical viewfinder i felt i was on the ground floor of photography and the sky was the limit.

1 1/2 years later i am still a rank amateur, but have a much more comprehensive grasp of aperture, shutter speed, iso etc. as well as a bunch of photos i'm really happy with.

daddyman
Regular MemberPosts: 136Gear list
Like?

"Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson is a great learning tool.

Mike

daddyman's gear list:daddyman's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32 +1 more
flbrit
Senior MemberPosts: 2,943Gear list
Like?

this is a useful resource

http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/

Brian

flbrit's gear list:flbrit's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Nikon D800E Nikon D5200 Fujifilm X-E2 +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads