Looking for an E-1 screw

Started Dec 12, 2013 | Questions
HumanTripod
Regular MemberPosts: 334Gear list
Like?
Looking for an E-1 screw
Dec 12, 2013

Picked up an E-1 body for 70 bucks on eBay. Body is in very nice shape however the small exterior screw to the left of the viewfinder is missing. I called Olympus and they were not cooperative.

According to the E-1 parts diagram the part number is WE115627 - it appears this screw is used in various places on the exterior of the body.

Does anyone know where else I may be able to locate one of these or perhaps have one that they would part with?

Thanks,

Jeff

HumanTripod's gear list:HumanTripod's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +8 more
ANSWER:
Olympus E-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
veroman
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,377Gear list
Like?
Re: Looking for an E-1 screw
In reply to HumanTripod, Dec 12, 2013

I just sent you a private message.

-- hide signature --

SteveG
'When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.'
— Found in a Chinese Fortune Cookie
www.stephenmichaelgarey.com

veroman's gear list:veroman's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Canon EOS 40D Olympus E-1 Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 +3 more
selected answer This post was selected as the answer by the original poster.
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
sirharold
Regular MemberPosts: 232Gear list
Like?

Contact Lutton Camera in the UK. They have a lot of smalls for the E system.

HumanTripod wrote:

Picked up an E-1 body for 70 bucks on eBay. Body is in very nice shape however the small exterior screw to the left of the viewfinder is missing. I called Olympus and they were not cooperative.

According to the E-1 parts diagram the part number is WE115627 - it appears this screw is used in various places on the exterior of the body.

Does anyone know where else I may be able to locate one of these or perhaps have one that they would part with?

Thanks,

Jeff

sirharold's gear list:sirharold's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD +16 more
rb dwn
Regular MemberPosts: 383
Like?
context can be so important

when human tripod looks for a screw and someone replies with a private message it's important to remember you're on a camera forum 

veroman
Like?
Re: context can be so important
In reply to rb dwn, Dec 13, 2013

rb dwn wrote:

when human tripod looks for a screw and someone replies with a private message it's important to remember you're on a camera forum

Huh?  I don't get the joke.

-- hide signature --

SteveG

Fujifilm X10 Canon EOS 40D Olympus E-1 Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 +3 more
Fleabag
Senior MemberPosts: 2,306
Like?
Re: context can be so important
In reply to veroman, Dec 13, 2013

Think he's just saying that others might be interested in the answer.

John King
Forum ProPosts: 12,797Gear list
Like?
In reply to HumanTripod, Dec 13, 2013

Gidday Jeff

I second the suggestion about contacting Luton Cameras.

Another possibility is to contact manufacturing jewellers or optometrists  in your area.

My brother had a split locking ring on an FL-36 repaired by a jeweller. He made a metal band for around the split part, then glued and riveted it in place. Far better and stronger than the original, and cheaper than having it repaired by Olympus!

-- hide signature --

Regards, john from Melbourne, Australia.
(see profile for current gear)
Please do not embed images from my web site without prior permission
I consider this to be a breach of my copyright.
-- -- --
The Camera doth not make the Man (nor Woman) ...
Perhaps being kind to cats, dogs & children does ...
I am a Photography Aficionado ... and ...
"I don't have any problems with John. He is a crotchety old Aussie. He will smack you if you behave like a {deleted}. Goes with the territory." boggis the cat
Gallery: http://canopuscomputing.com.au/gallery2/v/main-page/

Bird Control Officers on active service.

John King's gear list:John King's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-510 Olympus E-30
Ben Herrmann
Forum ProPosts: 16,335Gear list
Like?
You don't get it....let me help you here...

OK, so here is the situation in a nutsell:

1. Person 1 states: "Hey, I'm looking for a screw...."   Or in another vein, sounding like..."I wanna get laid..."

2. Person 2 replies: OK, I just sent you a PM (as it to oblige).  Or in another vein, "really, hey I just sent you a private message."

If you don't get it, it's obvious you don't allow your mind to go into the gutter from time to time. I know I allow mine to frequent the gutter on quite a few occasions, as it keeps me young!

-- hide signature --

Have a great one....
Bernd (Ben) W. Herrmann
North Carolina, USA
link

Ben Herrmann's gear list:Ben Herrmann's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus C-7070 Wide Zoom Olympus SP-570 UZ Olympus E-10 Olympus E-20 +31 more
Pete_CSCS
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,078Gear list
Like?
I had a delayed reaction too...
In reply to Ben Herrmann, Dec 13, 2013

1. Person 1 states: "Hey, I'm looking for a screw...."   Or in another vein, sounding like..."I wanna get laid..."

2. Person 2 replies: OK, I just sent you a PM (as it to oblige).  Or in another vein, "really, hey I just sent you a private message."

If you don't get it, it's obvious you don't allow your mind to go into the gutter from time to time. I know I allow mine to frequent the gutter on quite a few occasions, as it keeps me young!

-- hide signature --

Have a great one....
Bernd (Ben) W. Herrmann
North Carolina, USA
link

... but now I'm laughing.

BTW sometimes you can find the nicest people in the gutter.

-- hide signature --

'When nothing seems to help, I go. and look at a stonecutter hammering away at
his rock perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it.
Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two,
and I know it was not that blow that did it,
but all that had gone before.'
-- Jacob Riis (1849 - 1914)

Stay Well,
Pete K.

Pete_CSCS's gear list:Pete_CSCS's gear list
Kodak EasyShare Z612 Olympus E-500 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +5 more
Fleabag
Senior MemberPosts: 2,306
Like?
Re: You don't get it....let me help you here...

I was way off  lol

veroman
Like?
Re: You don't get it....let me help you here...

Ben Herrmann wrote:

1. Person 1 states: "Hey, I'm looking for a screw...." Or in another vein, sounding like..."I wanna get laid..."

2. Person 2 replies: OK, I just sent you a PM (as it to oblige). Or in another vein, "really, hey I just sent you a private message."

I sent him a private message because I have the part he needs, was asking him for his mailing address and also didn't want others who might need E-1 parts to be contacting me. I'm not in the E-1 parts business.

Your so-called "joke" was stupid and tasteless ... and that's coming from someone whose mind has been in the gutter countless thousands of times, but surely not in an open forum.

-- hide signature --

SteveG

veroman
Like?
In reply to John King, Dec 13, 2013

John King wrote:

Gidday Jeff

I second the suggestion about contacting Luton Cameras. Another possibility is to contact manufacturing jewellers or optometrists in your area.

Not necessary. My private message to the OP was that I have the part he needs. I'm just waiting for him to get back to me.

-- hide signature --

SteveG

HumanTripod
Regular MemberPosts: 334Gear list
Like?

veroman wrote:

John King wrote:

Gidday Jeff

I second the suggestion about contacting Luton Cameras. Another possibility is to contact manufacturing jewellers or optometrists in your area.

Not necessary. My private message to the OP was that I have the part he needs. I'm just waiting for him to get back to me.

-- hide signature --

SteveG

PM sent.

Thanks to all who responded.

-- hide signature --

Jeff

HumanTripod's gear list:HumanTripod's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +8 more
Ben Herrmann
Forum ProPosts: 16,335Gear list
Like?
Really.......?

That's what the other OP was getting at.  Stupid to some, perhaps witty to others.  Sorry it offended you - actually, I'm not sorry.  But if that offended you, then wow....you must get embarrassed quite easily.

-- hide signature --

Have a great one....
Bernd (Ben) W. Herrmann
North Carolina, USA
link

Ben Herrmann's gear list:Ben Herrmann's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus C-7070 Wide Zoom Olympus SP-570 UZ Olympus E-10 Olympus E-20 +31 more
Great Bustard
Forum ProPosts: 24,681
Like?
That's just wrong!

HumanTripod wrote:

Looking for an E-1 screw.  Picked up an E-1 body for 70 bucks on eBay. Body is in very nice shape however...

Is that kind of talk really appropriate here? 

Simon Cowell
Senior MemberPosts: 2,506
Like?
LOL...
In reply to rb dwn, Dec 13, 2013

rb dwn wrote:

Funniest I have heard in the last couple of months!

Dpreview classic quality IMO.

goblin
Senior MemberPosts: 2,783Gear list
Like?

HumanTripod wrote:

Thanks,

Jeff

I have found that old non functional E-10's and E-20's are are a good source for screws, caps and so on. Provided they come with all caps when you buy them.

Usually one is able to find them around $20 shipping included, which is pretty much the price of the pc terminal and remote caps alone, shipped.

goblin's gear list:goblin's gear list
Ricoh GXR P10 28-300mm F3.5-5.6 VC Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 +36 more
veroman
Like?
Will be mailed today ... [nt]
-- hide signature --

SteveG

PaulM2
Senior MemberPosts: 2,661
Like?
Re: Will be mailed today ... [nt]

I have held off with my reply. Did not wish to be mis-interpreted and yes I enjoy a joke as much as anybody.

A few years back, I was house bound with a very sick wife,  who needed almost constant attention. To keep myself sane, I started buying broken "UZI" cameras from eBay. What was not broken on one became a donor parts camera to another. The refurbed cameras were given away to family members and friends. Along the way I accumulated a large box of parts. Screws included.

Now there seems to be the following differences with these screws. First of all is the diameter size (2), then the length. Then there is the type. Some are for use in plastic and have a very different thread pattern than the ones used for metal.  Some have the chrome finish while most are black. But I have a large pill bottle full and some others still holding things together in the junk box.

With the "UZI", most of the broken ones I played with had Mode Dial problems or broken doors on the battery or memory compartment. I did switch out some of the better looking covers for marked up  but working cameras. I found where the capacitors were for the "SDS" syndrome, but they were so buried, not worth the trouble to replace. The supply of Mode Dials has dried up, so no recent repairs.

But if you think I might have a part you need, send me a PM and I will root thru the box of junk. A lot of this stuff is common to a lot of models.

Paul

xtforest
Regular MemberPosts: 490Gear list
Like?

That's a pretty lousy response from Olympus (?USA). Six months ago I was missing a tiny screw from the tripod mount on the bottom of my E-5. As I use a BlackRapid strap, this was rather critical for me. Repeated requests to Olympus Australia's service agent in Tasmania went unanswered. Someone here was kind enough to post contacts for Oly Australia's service manager, and after one e-mail, the screw arrived in the post the following week....

I can only guess that the E-1 is no longer supported.

Rob

xtforest's gear list:xtforest's gear list
Leica D-Lux 6 Leica M8 Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus E-500 +34 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads