X100S & Lens moving?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions
Bob Ring
Regular MemberPosts: 120
Like?
X100S & Lens moving?
8 months ago

I just got a used X100S.  Question when you clean the lens does it move a little?  I cleaned mine with a soft lint free cloth & it kind of wiggled.  Seems odd to me! Thanks,

Bob

Fujifilm X100S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Pudden Tame
Forum MemberPosts: 66
Like?
Re: X100S & Lens moving?
In reply to Bob Ring, 8 months ago

That is a scary thought.  The lens on my X100S has no movement whatever.  Do you have a filter on the lens and could that be moving?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Bob Ring
Like?
In reply to Pudden Tame, 8 months ago

No filter.  It's actually the lens moving like rocking a little as if it's on little shock absorbers or something.

Bob Ring
Like?

If you put your thumbs on the black area around the glass element where the text is on either side I can 'rock' my lens.  The outside (silver area) does not move just the inside.

Randy Benter
Senior MemberPosts: 1,832Gear list
Like?

Bob Ring wrote:

If you put your thumbs on the black area around the glass element where the text is on either side I can 'rock' my lens. The outside (silver area) does not move just the inside.

That is OK; it is supposed to rock a bit. Also watch when you AF the camera and you will see that black area moves during focusing so it is not supposed to be rigidly fixed to the body.

Randy Benter's gear list:Randy Benter's gear list
Leica X2 Fujifilm X100S Leica M8 Leica M9 Fujifilm X-Pro1 +32 more
Bob Ring
Like?
In reply to Randy Benter, 8 months ago

Thanks Randy.  That makes a lot of sense. Kind of a duh moment but it never hurts to ask!  Bob

fitzy
Junior MemberPosts: 48
Like?

Bob Ring wrote:

Thanks Randy. That makes a lot of sense. Kind of a duh moment but it never hurts to ask! Bob

Panic over Bob..mines the same

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads