Just curious.

Started Dec 11, 2013 | Discussions
John Beavin
Senior MemberPosts: 1,809Gear list
Like?
Just curious.
Dec 11, 2013

Did any of you ever experiment with black light, years ago I dabbled with it, found it remarkable the variety of every day objects would take on different colours, I used a large black painted carton with a hole for the lens, I cannot remember how long the exposures were, I sure had fun.

This was probably taken with a Minolta X500, pity there is no exif.

John Beavin's gear list:John Beavin's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-S1 +1 more
John Miles
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,738Gear list
Like?
Re: Just curious.
In reply to John Beavin, Dec 13, 2013

Can you explain the process a bit more please John?

-- hide signature --

The FZ50: DSLR handling of a bright, non-extending Leica 35-420mm F2.8-3.7 lens. I live in hope that Mr Ichiro Kitao, Mr Michiharu Uematsu and Mr Yoshiyuki Inoue have triggered the update to the FZ50. Please update the FZ50. It is unique and users of it cannot update without compromise of one or more of its combination of features. Full tribute here: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1033&message=42366095 . Performace diagram here: http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/3862228415/photos/2623982/fz50-performance-range

John Miles's gear list:John Miles's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
John Beavin
Senior MemberPosts: 1,809Gear list
Like?
Re: Just curious.
In reply to John Miles, Dec 14, 2013

Well John first you have to buy the uv lamp, You keep all ambiant light out, which means long exposures, you might be surprised how many everyday thing floress, baking soda salt etc try anything, can't help any more, it was along time ago. I also used  to fire an air gun into old light bulbs, to trigger the flash I made a switch, just two pieces of silver paper wired to the flash, the air gun slug going through it fired the flash, the trick was to determine the distance from the trigger to the bulb, the gun was firmly gripped in a vice but here again you are working in the dark for best results, I don't think i could do it with a digital camera.

John Beavin's gear list:John Beavin's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-S1 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads