Advice needed on returning HS50EXR

Started Dec 11, 2013 | Discussions
simon butler
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
Advice needed on returning HS50EXR
Dec 11, 2013

Hi all.A few weeks ago I asked a question regarding battery and focus problems on my new HS50EXR.After getting many answers saying it should be returned for repair I did this and Fujifilm replaced 2 batteries and updated the firmware,focus was said to "be fine".I use the camera mainily for aircraft photography.the batteries seem to be much better but the image quality is very poor and there still seems to be a focus problem.i have shot 65 pictures today of which 20 were in focus and usable.even slow moving or static planes are blurred.i have tried all the modes,high shutter speeds,tracking AF and IS on to no effect.also I have used the recommended settings by members of the forum.I now just want to get rid of the camera but the retailer is not playing ball as is over 30 days after purchase.anyone have any ideas how to persuade them the camera is faulty and get a refund? annoyed and fed up simon.

DickyAus
Contributing MemberPosts: 900Gear list
Like?
Re: Advice needed on returning HS50EXR
In reply to simon butler, Dec 11, 2013

simon butler wrote:

Hi all.A few weeks ago I asked a question regarding battery and focus problems on my new HS50EXR.After getting many answers saying it should be returned for repair I did this and Fujifilm replaced 2 batteries and updated the firmware,focus was said to "be fine".I use the camera mainily for aircraft photography.the batteries seem to be much better but the image quality is very poor and there still seems to be a focus problem.i have shot 65 pictures today of which 20 were in focus and usable.even slow moving or static planes are blurred.i have tried all the modes,high shutter speeds,tracking AF and IS on to no effect.also I have used the recommended settings by members of the forum.I now just want to get rid of the camera but the retailer is not playing ball as is over 30 days after purchase.anyone have any ideas how to persuade them the camera is faulty and get a refund? annoyed and fed up simon.

Hi Simon, when my first HS50 had focus problems I did a number of controlled repeated shots of the same static subject to illustrate the problems and sent them and the camera to Fuji. Their tests confirmed my results - they first replaced the lens assembly and then sent me a new camera when the new lens had similar problems. So if your camera really has a problem I'm sure Fuji will do the right thing and you will get an HS50 you will enjoy as much as I enjoy mine.

Dicky.

DickyAus's gear list:DickyAus's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads