AVCHD playing onto Viera TV after editing?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions
enonod
Junior MemberPosts: 32
Like?
AVCHD playing onto Viera TV after editing?
9 months ago

I am assuming that I will be able to record AVCHD with Panasonic HC X920 camcorder then place the SD card into the Panasonic Viera TV and play it back at full HD.

What I am not sure about is will the same apply after editing the video. If it will not perhaps somebody can point out the pitfalls (apart from powerful computer) and any solutions or guide me to the easiest (safest methods).

Thank you.

-- hide signature --

For the bird's and small animal's sake, please cut all plastic loops in 4 can retainers before going to land fill.

lancespring
Senior MemberPosts: 2,402Gear list
Like?
Re: AVCHD playing onto Viera TV after editing?
In reply to enonod, 9 months ago

enonod wrote:

I am assuming that I will be able to record AVCHD with Panasonic HC X920 camcorder then place the SD card into the Panasonic Viera TV and play it back at full HD.

What I am not sure about is will the same apply after editing the video. If it will not perhaps somebody can point out the pitfalls (apart from powerful computer) and any solutions or guide me to the easiest (safest methods).

Well, after you make edits to a video, your video editor software will need to render and export the video with the new changes that you made to it.   So it will create a brand new video file with your changes incorporated into it.  Since you will be able to specify in your editor software what video format you want to export the new file to, this should be no compatibility problem at all for you.  For you will easily be able to choose a format that is compatible with your TV.

lancespring's gear list:lancespring's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Nikon D600 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Sean Nelson
Forum ProPosts: 10,271
Like?

I can't speak for your Viera TV, but I can play edited videos, even ones at 1080p60, using my Panasonic BDT-220 BluRay player without any issues.   I export them as "MP4" files with a bit rate no higher than that allowed for AVCHD (28Mbits/sec), navigate to the folder they're in to select which one to play, and they play without any problems.

I use Premiere Pro to edit and render my videos.

enonod
Like?

Thank you both for your response. Everything sounds straightforward; I was concerned that the manual for the camcorder states that the folder structure must be correct and suggests that video recorded on other devices may not work. Once edited, as mentioned above, it is technically not recorded by the camcorder but the PC. I am used to the old DV tapes and have not used AVCHD.

-- hide signature --

For the bird's and small animal's sake, please cut all plastic loops in 4 can retainers before going to land fill. Similarly burn, not discard the small net bags from fat-balls.

Sean Nelson
Forum ProPosts: 10,271
Like?

enonod wrote:

I was concerned that the manual for the camcorder states that the folder structure must be correct and suggests that video recorded on other devices may not work. Once edited, as mentioned above, it is technically not recorded by the camcorder but the PC. I am used to the old DV tapes and have not used AVCHD.

My BluRay player will recognize an AVCHD folder structure - it shows the clips within it and it will treat clips that span more than one file as single contiguous videos as per the AVCHD specs.   But it also allows me to navigate the folder structure and select other video clips as well.

enonod
Like?
In reply to Sean Nelson, 9 months ago

Thank you for that additional reassurance.

-- hide signature --

For the bird's and small animal's sake, please cut all plastic loops in 4 can retainers before going to land fill. Similarly burn, not discard the small net bags from fat-balls.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads