UPS lost my sel1018!

Started 9 months ago | Discussions
Yukinalesca
New MemberPosts: 17
Like?
UPS lost my sel1018!
9 months ago

I bought this lens from B&H and was eagerly anticipating it to be delivered at my house. For past 2 days.I keep a good track of it and noticed ups made an attempt to deliver at my house. However, someone was home and she didn't hear any door bell nor was there a sign indicating ups was there. Next day came and after a "3rd attempt" UPS delivered it to some office at a front desk and some stranger signed it. Both claim they have my address.I have been on the phone with both ups and b&h till i finally got a confirmation today that they will investigate this matter and could take 5 days. What i want to know is if this has happened to anyone in the past and what was the outcome?

captura
Forum ProPosts: 13,996Gear list
Like?
Re: UPS lost my sel1018!
In reply to Yukinalesca, 9 months ago

Yukinalesca wrote:

I bought this lens from B&H and was eagerly anticipating it to be delivered at my house. For past 2 days.I keep a good track of it and noticed ups made an attempt to deliver at my house. However, someone was home and she didn't hear any door bell nor was there a sign indicating ups was there. Next day came and after a "3rd attempt" UPS delivered it to some office at a front desk and some stranger signed it. Both claim they have my address.I have been on the phone with both ups and b&h till i finally got a confirmation today that they will investigate this matter and could take 5 days. What i want to know is if this has happened to anyone in the past and what was the outcome?

Chance it might be an Inside Job? I'd have a word with the police. There may be other similar instances in your locale.

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Samsung NX1000 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
forpetessake
Senior MemberPosts: 3,537
Like?

I guess there is a big difference between B&H and Amazon. When I had a similar issue with Amazon, they immediately shipped another item with the next day delivery and took upon themselves to deal with the shipper.

-- hide signature --

There is nothing more unequal than the equal treatment of unequal people. -- Thomas Jefferson

Yukinalesca
Like?
In reply to forpetessake, 9 months ago

Amazon lost my memory card and took 2 weeks longer than when it was expected to ship so they sent me a new one. A month later the previous order came so I ended up with 2 cards. I don't expect to get two lenses from B&H but just the one I ordered since I am going on vacation in a week. I was offered by customer service if i urgently need to get this lens to buy it again and they will reimburse me the cost of the previous order but I declined. Makes me wish i just gotten the 16 mm wide angle lens adapter, so i wouldn't be this nervous and anxious bout it. It did seem weird that the 3rd and 2nd delivery attempt were 2 mins apart, snowing that day and there were no track marks and foot steps by the door either.

FuzzyQball
Senior MemberPosts: 1,328Gear list
Like?

Not surprised.  Couriers in my area knock once, then drop and run.  I get to the door in less than 20 seconds, and they are already pulling away from the curb!

-- hide signature --

Glenn

FuzzyQball's gear list:FuzzyQball's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS
Yukinalesca
Like?
In reply to FuzzyQball, 9 months ago

Which area are you from? NY here. No one else had this happened? Its killing me waiting for B&H's decision. I have another order comin up this friday i feel like takin a day off that day.

sterretje
Contributing MemberPosts: 660Gear list
Like?

UPS lost my split prism screens on their way from the US to South Africa via Germany. They arrived in Germany and after that they disappeared.

It took them a few days to investigate (5 or 10, can't remember), the supplier followed up and shipped new ones.

Those arrived without any issues.

-- hide signature --

WimS

sterretje's gear list:sterretje's gear list
Pentax K100D Pentax K10D Pentax K-5
henryp
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,819Gear list
Like?

Yukinalesca wrote:

I'm very sorry for this situation. We will initiated a lost-package claim with UPS. They will either locate the package or admit it's lost in which case we will reship your purchase. I understand you're eager to get the items you bought and paid for but the process is necessary to ensure bogus claims are waylaid while people with legitimate claims are serviced properly.

-- hide signature --

Henry Posner
B&H Photo-Video

henryp's gear list:henryp's gear list
Nikon D5000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +1 more
forpetessake
Senior MemberPosts: 3,537
Like?
what can brown steal from you

FuzzyQball wrote:

Not surprised. Couriers in my area knock once, then drop and run.

Then they wait in the car if nobody comes out, return and steal a Fedex package also left at the door. I remember it was recorded on surveillance camera last year holiday season.

henryp
Like?
Re: what can brown steal from you
Yukinalesca
Like?
In reply to henryp, 9 months ago

Thanks, Henry for the assurance but i have been doing some investigation myself just by looking at the tracking information. I was told by a ups rep that they will attempt a delivery the next day for 3 days and yet it took 2 mins after this so called 2nd attempt to deliver the package to a front desk and someone had the audacity to sign whats not theirs. I also saw a log in the tracking info that the 1st attempt to deliver the package was the day before it was noted "out to deliver" does that make any sense? I have another order coming from B&H tomorrow and i feel like calling out sick just to wait for it all day, that is how nervous and anxious this incident has left me feeling.

henryp
Like?

While this does nothing to repair your situation IMO it's worth noting this is one reason so many packages we ship go with signature required and why we're so reluctant to permit redirecting an in-tranit package or permitting same-day pick up from a UPS depot.

I understand we should work with UPS to make ordering and delivery as painless as possible but there are prudent safety measures we think are increasingly necessary nowadays.

-- hide signature --

Henry Posner
B&H Photo-Video

Yukinalesca
Like?

My recent package came in early in the morning and fedex did not ring my doorbell st all but glad i was home to see it by my front door. In fact i have ordered plenty of items from b&h and shipping was very consistent. I am eagerly waiting for the result of this investigation as it's been really frustrating for me these past few days. It would have been a week already if the package did not get lost.

Yukinalesca
Like?

I meant to say I would've had the lens already if it had not gotten lost.

puttin
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,941Gear list
Like?

Some of the drivers lie. Waiting for a fedx delivery the other day when the driver pulled up I went to the door. When I opened the door I saw him drive off and later when I checked the tracking it said not home.

puttin's gear list:puttin's gear list
Sony RX100 Fujifilm XF1 Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D800 +30 more
RedFox88
Forum ProPosts: 21,786Gear list
Like?

FuzzyQball wrote:

I guess you didn't read the OP.  The package was SIGNED by someone!

RedFox88
Forum ProPosts: 21,786Gear list
Like?

forpetessake wrote:

FuzzyQball wrote:

Then they wait in the car if nobody comes out, return and steal a Fedex package also left at the door. I remember it was recorded on surveillance camera last year holiday season.

One individual and he was fired.  Anyone can steal packages left at your door.

Yukinalesca
Like?

Well after a week thats passed, my claim was approved by b&h and replacement was shipped same day so that was awesome. It was suppose to arrive today been waitin all day for it till 8 pm passed and I lost hope. That is until my neighbor called me and told me they have 2 packages of mine delivered to their house. One was the dog food ordered from petco and the other was my lens and filter from a week ago! I was so excited to get everything back that i didn't bother asking why it took em a week to let me know they have it; boxes were untampered so I was thankful at easing my mind and that its going to be ok. Now I am just waiting for 2nd package to arrive and i plan on returning it to b&h. Thank you Henry and your customer service reps Ken, Ed and Andrew were all very helpful. Now I can take ultra wide angle pics of Madrid on my coming vacation!

Yukinalesca
Like?

Well I guess I owe my neighbors an apology. Turns out there was no 2nd replacement I guess B&H found the original one and resent it to me? The package has both of the shipping # on the box. Can I pls get some idea with what just happened, Henry? Is the ups driver so stupid to lose the same package twice in 1 week? I will call ups and clear this out as well.

puttin
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,941Gear list
Like?

Yukinalesca wrote:

Well I guess I owe my neighbors an apology. Turns out there was no 2nd replacement I guess B&H found the original one and resent it to me? The package has both of the shipping # on the box. Can I pls get some idea with what just happened, Henry? Is the ups driver so stupid to lose the same package twice in 1 week? I will call ups and clear this out as well.

Like I said in my earlier reply, some drivers lie. I just had a second package not delivered and the tracking history said not home. I was home all day just like the other time, this was Fedx and not UPS who I have better luck with.

puttin's gear list:puttin's gear list
Sony RX100 Fujifilm XF1 Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D800 +30 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads