firmware in new x-e1?

Started 9 months ago | Questions
HenryR
Regular MemberPosts: 458Gear list
Like?
firmware in new x-e1?
9 months ago

If I were to buy an x-e1 from a reputable online dealer, is it possible or likely the new firmware will already be in the camera or will I need to do that post-purchase? Thanks!

-- hide signature --

henryr

HenryR's gear list:HenryR's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
heavyweight
New MemberPosts: 15
Like?
Re: firmware in new x-e1?
In reply to HenryR, 9 months ago

I received my X-E1 yesterday from B&H. The firmware in both the camera and lenses (kit + 35mm) were quite old. The camera had 1.04 and I cant remember what the lenses had but they were pretty old.

Maybe I was unlucky...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
57LowRider
Senior MemberPosts: 2,424Gear list
Like?

HenryR wrote:

If I were to buy an x-e1 from a reputable online dealer, is it possible or likely the new firmware will already be in the camera or will I need to do that post-purchase? Thanks!

I would be almost certain that you'd need to update it.

57LowRider's gear list:57LowRider's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +8 more
dual12
Regular MemberPosts: 270
Like?

It is unlikely that any X-E1 you buy new will have the latest firmware.  You'll have to update it yourself.  It's a simple procedure, unless you have trouble following directions.

If you buy a lens, you'll have to update that too.

Lastly, their is new firmware for the X-E1 scheduled to be released on the 19th.

Al Valentino
Senior MemberPosts: 4,365Gear list
Like?
In reply to 57LowRider, 9 months ago

57LowRider wrote:

HenryR wrote:

I would be almost certain that you'd need to update it.

Agreed, same for the lens. It is easy to upgrade and you only need to upload the latest version, not earlier versions, since all versions have the same file name and completely rewrite what is in your camera

-- hide signature --

Fuji XE1 w/14, 18-55, 55-200, Rokinon 8mm Fisheye & Tamron 90mm f/2.8 Macro

Al Valentino's gear list:Al Valentino's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +8 more
HenryR
Regular MemberPosts: 458Gear list
Like?
In reply to dual12, 9 months ago

Thanks very much.  I also confirmed with an online chat with dealer that I would need to do the upgrade. Have not done it before but have been following directions successfully for years! Thanks again.

HR

-- hide signature --

henryr

HenryR's gear list:HenryR's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II
mcshan
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,328Gear list
Like?

Henry, The updates aren't bad. I want to plant two things early in your thoughts...when they say make certain the battery is fully charged they mean FULLY charged. Second make sure you use a blank SD card or remember to format an old one.  New firmware really isn't a big deal. I used to dread it (old guys tend to hate new things) but now I sail through the firmware updates.

In some crazy way I am looking forward to the 19th and doing the new one.

Good luck!

alybaba
Forum MemberPosts: 62Gear list
Like?
In reply to mcshan, 9 months ago

i would add to that, you need to format your card using the camera not your computer, easy to do.

enjoy your new camera

alybaba's gear list:alybaba's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Ricoh GXR P10 28-300mm F3.5-5.6 VC Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D +13 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads