Is 70D at $949 good price?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions
rwl408
Senior MemberPosts: 1,103
Like?
Is 70D at $949 good price?
7 months ago

A few reputed stores have it at $949. Looks like a decent price.

Canon EOS 70D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
EJ Fudd
Contributing MemberPosts: 887Gear list
Like?
Re: Is 70D at $949 good price?
In reply to rwl408, 7 months ago

for what?? just a body? is it USA warrenty?

Yes price is good...

what are name of sellers? be cautious

-- hide signature --

Photography, It ain't the same old Art form it used to be..

EJ Fudd's gear list:EJ Fudd's gear list
Canon EOS 30D Canon EOS 70D Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
asad137
Contributing MemberPosts: 686
Like?

rwl408 wrote:

A few reputed stores have it at $949. Looks like a decent price.

General rule, if a place is selling something for significantly less than B&H or Adorama, ask yourself why. Is it a grey-market camera that won't have warranty coverage in your area? Are they removing the OEM accessories with the intent of trying to sell them back to you at an inflated price? As they say...caveat emptor.

$949 is a good price if everything is legit...it's not if there's some shadiness they're not telling you about.

digitalcuriosity
Contributing MemberPosts: 758
Like?
In reply to asad137, 7 months ago

It's a crap shoot at best. Something is not as it seems,myself I would not trust it.

OctaneZ
Junior MemberPosts: 37Gear list
Like?
$949 is a good price if everything is legit...it's not if there's some shadiness they're not telling you about.

It appears everything is on the Up and Up, Amazon dropped their price and B&H moved to match:

Amazon $949

B&H $949

OctaneZ's gear list:OctaneZ's gear list
Canon PowerShot G11 Canon EOS 60D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX +8 more
digitalcuriosity
Like?
In reply to OctaneZ, 7 months ago

OctaneZ wrote:

It appears everything is on the Up and Up, Amazon dropped their price and B&H moved to match:

Amazon $949

B&H $949

I see it's the body only, not the full camera with lens. That is still $1,249US.

rwl408
Senior MemberPosts: 1,103
Like?
Re: Sellers are Amazon, B&H

Sorry I forgot to mention it is for body only. My source is here (http://www.techbargains.com/). B&H's advertised price is 1199 with 100 instant saving but once I click on "more details" to put it in the cart, the price is 949. Amazon's in-cart price is the same 949. However the link for Adorama still shows the 1199 price even if I put it into the cart.

digitalcuriosity
Like?
Re: Sellers are Amazon, B&H

rwl408 wrote:

Sorry I forgot to mention it is for body only. My source is here (http://www.techbargains.com/). B&H's advertised price is 1199 with 100 instant saving but once I click on "more details" to put it in the cart, the price is 949. Amazon's in-cart price is the same 949. However the link for Adorama still shows the 1199 price even if I put it into the cart.

Myself I am glad I went with the full camera and STM 18-135 lens, because Best buy messed up my first order, I got  two $50 gift card right away,then B&H dropped the original price to $1,249 and I price matched it at Best Buy and I received a $200 gift card.

So after getting the full camera, I ended up with $300 in gift cards. I will also get $25 from Best Buy for being a rewards customer. So because I already have found that the STM lens,really is a big improvement over the standard 18-135 lens when making a video,it was a good choice.

Tee Dub
Forum MemberPosts: 63Gear list
Like?

A certain brick and mortar store in NJ  is at $849 with shades of gray me thinks.

For another hunnerd bux, I'll fly with the guys who tell it like it is straight up front.

Merry Christmas to all Good Girls and Boys.... and me too !

asad137 wrote:

rwl408 wrote:

A few reputed stores have it at $949. Looks like a decent price.

General rule, if a place is selling something for significantly less than B&H or Adorama, ask yourself why. Is it a grey-market camera that won't have warranty coverage in your area? Are they removing the OEM accessories with the intent of trying to sell them back to you at an inflated price? As they say...caveat emptor.

The shootist
Regular MemberPosts: 153Gear list
Like?
In reply to Tee Dub, 7 months ago

Amazon is selling the 70D with 18-135mm stm kit for $1099.00, it's $150.00 less the the 18-55mm stm kit, good deal.

Also a good note for Amazon I purchased the 70D body only last week for $1049.00 and today they credited me $100.00, Merry Christmas to me.

-- hide signature --

The Shootist (RETIRED)
http://theshootist.zenfolio.com/

The shootist's gear list:The shootist's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 55-200mm f/4.5-5.6 II USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM +14 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads