TZ6/LX5/LWA52 Question,,

Started 9 months ago | Questions
rolandb
Senior MemberPosts: 1,298
Like?
TZ6/LX5/LWA52 Question,,
9 months ago

Right,, lets hope I can explain this correctly,,,,,,,

I have the LX5 on which I fit the LA6 adapter tube so I can use a Circ Pol filter & the LWA52 Wide angle lens, now,,

On my old TZ6/LZ1 I have a "Priscillia" Adapter ring, 37mm ,, see www.pemaraal.com so I can use a Circ Pol filter. via a  37/52mm step up ring, now,,

I want to use the LWA52 WA + LA6 tube on the TZ6/LZ1 but,,,,,,

Both the step up ring ,  and the LA6 tube  have their 52mm threads on the insides,, so is there (probs not) any one who makes a 52/52mm ring that has both screw threads on the out side, or doe"s any body know or have any suggestions as to how I get round this.

Hope I"ve explained this right,, and thanks for taking the time to read this.

Roland

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 (Lumix DMC-TZ6)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
kkardster
Senior MemberPosts: 4,654Gear list
Like?
Re: TZ6/LX5/LWA52 Question,,
In reply to rolandb, 9 months ago

rolandb wrote:

Right,, lets hope I can explain this correctly,,,,,,,

I have the LX5 on which I fit the LA6 adapter tube so I can use a Circ Pol filter & the LWA52 Wide angle lens, now,,

On my old TZ6/LZ1 I have a "Priscillia" Adapter ring, 37mm ,, see www.pemaraal.com so I can use a Circ Pol filter. via a 37/52mm step up ring, now,,

I want to use the LWA52 WA + LA6 tube on the TZ6/LZ1 but,,,,,,

Both the step up ring , and the LA6 tube have their 52mm threads on the insides,, so is there (probs not) any one who makes a 52/52mm ring that has both screw threads on the out side, or doe"s any body know or have any suggestions as to how I get round this.

Hope I"ve explained this right,, and thanks for taking the time to read this.

A simple Google search for "male to male filter adapter 52mm" finds what you are looking for.

But beware:  this search will return rings with both threads male and both threads female because the adapters with dual female threads are often intended for mating two lenses with male threads together (typically for macrophotography) so they may describe themselves as male-to-male adapters.  Take a close look at the adapter photos to ensure the threading is as desired.

-- hide signature --

Bruce
You learn something new every time you press the shutter

kkardster's gear list:kkardster's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
rolandb
Senior MemberPosts: 1,298
Like?
In reply to kkardster, 9 months ago

A simple Google search for "male to male filter adapter 52mm" finds what you are looking for.

But beware: this search will return rings with both threads male and both threads female because the adapters with dual female threads are often intended for mating two lenses with male threads together (typically for macrophotography) so they may describe themselves as male-to-male adapters. Take a close look at the adapter photos to ensure the threading is as desired

ThankĀ  you Bruce,, I"ll have a search.

windmillgolfer
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,011Gear list
Like?

In the past I've fitted filters to the TZ7 using.N aerosol can cap. The end that clips onto the can is about the right size to attach the adapter tube using silicon. The sealed end of the cap is cut to give an interference fit around the lens bezel. You'd need to be careful given the weight of the tube/lens, probably holding with left hand.

-- hide signature --

Stuart
Also at http://www.flickr.com/photos/dieselgolfer/
Mr Ichiro Kitao, please upgrade the FZ50

windmillgolfer's gear list:windmillgolfer's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60) Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6
Erik Ohlson
Forum ProPosts: 13,280
Like?

This thread may be of interest:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/51318176

I'm not sure if it address your specific question, but it may spark some ideas.

-- hide signature --

"Measure wealth not by things you have but by things for which you would not take money"
www.flickr.com/ohlsonmh/ ohlsonmh@yahoo.com

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads