Started 7 months ago | Photos
Mylene_777
Junior MemberPosts: 31
Like?
"evasion"
7 months ago

2013, Seoul, Korea

Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
l_objectif
Forum ProPosts: 16,984Gear list
Like?
Re: "evasion"
In reply to Mylene_777, 7 months ago

Nice colors! Where did you focus, Marlene?

l_objectif's gear list:l_objectif's gear list
Leica D-LUX 5 Nikon D300
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Mylene_777
Like?
In reply to l_objectif, 7 months ago

l_objectif wrote:

What means 'Where did you focus', Louis?

> focused area of the photo?

> the place where this photo has taken?

I cannot use English as well as native speakers because I'm not a English speaker

l_objectif
Like?

Mylene_777 wrote:

l_objectif wrote:

What means 'Where did you focus', Louis?

I cannot use English as well as native speakers because I'm not a English speaker

Don't worry about your perfect English, Mylene; English is not my mother language, either!

I meant the area you focused in the photo. ... I was trying to see where it was focused, and then, the depth of the field, but I couldn't find any area that was in focus!

I am asking you this because I have been very interested in this little camera, but I have not seen yet any shot that had an image quality that I really liked! I have been using 3 different Dlux cameras (DL3, 4, 5) and am very interested of finding a small portable camera that would give me at least the same good result!... So far, I think the best little ones are GM1 and RX100. I was really hoping for the same with C.

Please, keep posting,

regards,

Leica D-LUX 5 Nikon D300
l_objectif
Like?

l_objectif wrote:

Mylene_777 wrote:

l_objectif wrote:

Don't worry about your perfect English, Mylene; English is not my mother language, either!

I meant the area you focused in the photo. ... I was trying to see where it was focused, and then, the depth of the field, but I couldn't find any area that was in focus!

I am asking you this because I have been very interested in this little camera, but I have not seen yet any shot that had an image quality that I really liked! I have been using 3 different Dlux cameras (DL3, 4, 5) and am very interested of finding a small portable camera that would give me at least the same good result!... So far, I think the best little ones are GM1 and RX100. I was really hoping for the same with C.

Please, keep posting,

regards,

Sorry, I think I am not very clear! My bad English!

I was simply trying to see the sharpness of the lens!

Leica D-LUX 5 Nikon D300
Mylene_777
Like?

l_objectif wrote:

Mylene_777 wrote:

l_objectif wrote:

Please, keep posting,

regards,

Thanks for your kind reply, Louis.

Actually, this photo's focus was failed. 

It was impossible to focus exactly, because I just pressed shutter as soon as saw the woman on left..

Next time, I'll work hard for more improved photo.

Thank you!

l_objectif
Like?

Mylene_777 wrote:

l_objectif wrote:

Mylene_777 wrote:

l_objectif wrote:

Please, keep posting,

regards,

Thanks for your kind reply, Louis.

Actually, this photo's focus was failed.

It was impossible to focus exactly, because I just pressed shutter as soon as saw the woman on left..

Next time, I'll work hard for more improved photo.

Thank you!

Thanks, Marlene. I actually liked the shot and your composition; but just wondering about the sharpness!

Looking forward for more shots from you!

Leica D-LUX 5 Nikon D300
bosjohn
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,890
Like?

Mylene_777 wrote:

2013, Seoul, Korea

this is a very interesting image. I can see where your going with it. As it is it has two very strong and divers subjects that attract my eye. I believe your idea is that the woman is fleeing from the face on the poster, I think you could emphasis this even more by cropping slightly into the face which visually tells us its not the subject. beautifully seen and the colors are fantastic kudos for a fine image.

-- hide signature --

bosjohn aka John Shick bosjohn@yahoo.com

Mylene_777
Like?
In reply to bosjohn, 7 months ago

bosjohn wrote:

Mylene_777 wrote:

2013, Seoul, Korea

this is a very interesting image. I can see where your going with it. As it is it has two very strong and divers subjects that attract my eye. I believe your idea is that the woman is fleeing from the face on the poster, I think you could emphasis this even more by cropping slightly into the face which visually tells us its not the subject. beautifully seen and the colors are fantastic kudos for a fine image.

-- hide signature --

bosjohn aka John Shick bosjohn@yahoo.com

Thanks for your detailed advice, John.:-)

Next time, I'll try better than this!

DavidGBK
Senior MemberPosts: 1,049
Like?

Very well seen and composed.

I am reading a book at the moment "Why It Does Not Have To Be In Focus: Modern Photography Explained" by Jackie Higgins.

Some of the things that the included photographers  do are unusual.

Regards

David

Mylene_777
Like?
In reply to DavidGBK, 7 months ago

DavidGBK wrote:

Very well seen and composed.

I am reading a book at the moment "Why It Does Not Have To Be In Focus: Modern Photography Explained" by Jackie Higgins.

Some of the things that the included photographers do are unusual.

Regards

David

Thanks for you book recommendation and kind reply, David.

And it can be purchased in South Korea, too. Wow!

I'll order it tomorrow.

porrsha
Contributing MemberPosts: 615Gear list
Like?

Nicely taken! The solitude of the area really makes the woman stand out against the large image of the male on the right. She seems to be hurrying to leave his gaze/look! Better to capture the moment than be in focus.

Wayne

porrsha's gear list:porrsha's gear list
Leica D-LUX 3 Leica M Typ 240
Daedalus2000
Senior MemberPosts: 3,872
Like?

Mylene_777 wrote:

2013, Seoul, Korea

Very nice. There is a good antithesis/balance between the static and the dynamic, the male and female and the blue vs orange. A meeting of opposites...

Well done.

Best, D

Mylene_777
Like?
In reply to porrsha, 7 months ago

porrsha wrote:

Nicely taken! The solitude of the area really makes the woman stand out against the large image of the male on the right. She seems to be hurrying to leave his gaze/look! Better to capture the moment than be in focus.

Wayne

Thanks for reply!

I'll be try for better focused image!

Mylene_777
Like?
In reply to Daedalus2000, 7 months ago

I feel grateful that you enjoyed my puny photograhy.

Next time, I'll do better than this.

Thanks!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads