Started 9 months ago | Discussions
DenisM
Junior MemberPosts: 25
Like?
Just ordered the Nex 6
9 months ago

Ohh yeah!!

Finally I'll be part of this family!

I ordered it with the standard zoom (great for lightweight travel) but I will use it with my 3 pentax manual lenses (28/2.8, 50/1.7, 135/3.5).

I wish to buy a macro lens (a short one, for food photography) and a great portrait one.

Cannot wait!

cwood
Contributing MemberPosts: 624
Like?
Re: Just ordered the Nex 6
In reply to DenisM, 9 months ago

you'll love your choice.  Great camera.

I just picked up a used Nex 7 and I may end up just staying with the 6

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Dirk W
Senior MemberPosts: 1,531Gear list
Like?

Congrats and welcome in the club As portraiture lens I can really recommend the SEL 50f1.8

Dirk W's gear list:Dirk W's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha NEX-3N Sony SLT-A58 A3000 +10 more
richard NO
Contributing MemberPosts: 811Gear list
Like?

DenisM wrote:

Ohh yeah!!

I ordered it with the standard zoom (great for lightweight travel) but I will use it with my 3 pentax manual lenses (28/2.8, 50/1.7, 135/3.5).

I wish to buy a macro lens (a short one, for food photography) and a great portrait one.

Cannot wait!

Great choice, you wont regret it. The nex-6 is my primary camera. I have even used it for work and photo sales.  if you want to play around i recommend that you download the timelapse app.

cheers

-- hide signature --

Photography for me is not about recreating what i saw through
the viewfinder but to show people the way i want to see the world
Cheers!
Richard Larssen http://www.flickr.com/photos/uberdogleg/
-------------------

richard NO's gear list:richard NO's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Sony a6000 Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical +3 more
Jesper Frickmann
Regular MemberPosts: 324Gear list
Like?

Good choice. Congratulations!

Jesper Frickmann's gear list:Jesper Frickmann's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS
sidebyside
Regular MemberPosts: 366
Like?

Good choice, there are lots of nex 6 lovers on this forum - including myself.  Try messing around with the flash.  Don't know if you're aware, but it can be held back with your finger to get bounce flash.  I use it a lot.  Post some photos when you get a chance.

Andy

Dunnlang
Regular MemberPosts: 140Gear list
Like?

The kit zoom can focus fairly close to a subject at about 30mm to 35mm.  Unfortunately it's around a minimum aperture of 5 in that range.  It works well enough for food photography in a pinch, but you will have to bump ISO quite a bit in most dark eateries.

I love the camera and when traveling, the kit PZ rarely comes off the camera.

Dunnlang's gear list:Dunnlang's gear list
Nikon Coolpix S8000 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS
EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 11,018Gear list
Like?

Ohh yeah!!

Cannot wait!

I received mine last weekend to replace NEX-3. It is a beautiful camera. In the process, I have chosen to go all short primes (upto 60mm or may be 85mm) keeping longer FL and zooms exclusive to A-mount camera (Sony A55. Currently, 8mm/2.8 fisheye, 20mm/2.8 wide angle, 35mm/1.8 normal and 50mm/1.7 for portraits. I can, ofcourse, use te A-mount lenses on NEX-6 and surely will via LAEA2.

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Sonyshine
Senior MemberPosts: 4,811Gear list
Like?

Well done! A cracking little camera!

Sonyshine's gear list:Sonyshine's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Micro Nikkor 40mm F2.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 +6 more
john Gerson
New MemberPosts: 5Gear list
Like?
In reply to Sonyshine, 9 months ago

I too have had the NEX 6 for just over a year now. Started with the 16-50mm and bought a 16mm for a New York adventure. Long story short the NEX 6 now has the 24mm on it 90% time with the 60mm 10%. Love this set up.

john Gerson's gear list:john Gerson's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +3 more
bdbits
Regular MemberPosts: 139
Like?

Welcome. I love my NEX-6 and I think you will too.

For your short macro, Sony makes a 30mm macro that is supposed to be pretty decent. If you search the forum there are some discussions about it. I do not own it myself, it just came to mind when I saw your post. Minimum focus distance is about 1 inch.

http://store.sony.com/30mm-f-3.5-macro-lens-zid27-SEL30M35/cat-27-catid-All-Alpha-NEX-Lenses?_t=pfm%3Dcategory

Russell Evans
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,153
Like?

DenisM wrote:

The normal Pentax flange adapters are pretty long and once you put the lens on, the camera feels a little unbalanced. The PK-E focal reducers aren't as long, as they have optics, and make the experience of shooting PK lenses on the small Nex cameras much nicer. They cost about $125 on ebay and will provide you with an almost FF FOV with the lenses.

As the focal condenses the light gathered across all the FF lens unto the APS-C sensor there is more light hitting the sensor. This means you can drop the ISO about a stop, increase the shutter speed as compared to using the same lens in the same environment with a normal, no optics, flange adapter, or maybe drop the aperture. Any of these might make the photo "better" so I sort of see any problems using a focal reducer introduces, it is adding optical elements to the lenses, it is getting rid or the sweet spot advantage of an APS-C sensor with a FF lens, as sort of a wash.

Thank you
Russell

richiemccaw
Regular MemberPosts: 426Gear list
Like?

Welcome to the club! It's a great machine, especially the sensor. Hope it ticks as many boxes for you as it does for me.

richiemccaw's gear list:richiemccaw's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Sony Alpha NEX-6 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +6 more
winono
Regular MemberPosts: 242
Like?

DenisM wrote:

Ohh yeah!!

Cannot wait!

Had it for almost a year, great little camera, you'll love it.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads