NEX-7, those birds again, 500 or 800mm

Started 8 months ago | Discussions
nzmacro
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,057Gear list
Like?
NEX-7, those birds again, 500 or 800mm
8 months ago

Getting warm here, but still looking for some decent sunshine, it will come So a few older shots with the NEX-7 and either the Canon 500 or 800mm.

Welcome Swallow on touch down

Is he looking at us !!

I'm off for a hunt

Spur winged Plover/Lapwing blasting through

Sacred Kingfishers and one with a feed of crab. Not sharing

Another Welcome Swallow at the favourite stump, on a farm I have permission to shoot on.

Sacred Kingfisher just eyeing up the water for movement

All the best folks and remember, keep smiling in here

Danny.

-- hide signature --
Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
blue_skies
Senior MemberPosts: 6,938Gear list
Like?
Re: NEX-7, those birds again, 500 or 800mm
In reply to nzmacro, 8 months ago

They keep getting better, Danny. Nice images!

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

blue_skies's gear list:blue_skies's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Sony a6000 +30 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Sonyshine
Senior MemberPosts: 4,711Gear list
Like?

Ah! Summery light and summer birds! Wonderful shots Danny!

Its freezing cold and foggy here in the UK. I would not be able to see the end of a long lens the fog is so thick!

Sonyshine's gear list:Sonyshine's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Micro Nikkor 40mm F2.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 +6 more
Dirk W
Senior MemberPosts: 1,512Gear list
Like?

Really great pictures! If not all your pictures were so great I would think these must be the "best of", mate These swallows are so sharp, perfect in focus and a nice uniform blurry background. All the best, Danny, and keep 'em coming! Dirk

Dirk W's gear list:Dirk W's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha NEX-3N Sony SLT-A58 A3000 +10 more
tri x
Contributing MemberPosts: 666Gear list
Like?

Great images as always Danny,  those swallows look a bit puffed up, are they cold?  Love the last one, you've caught a real attitude there.  Nice one.

Cheers John

tri x's gear list:tri x's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS +4 more
sidebyside
Regular MemberPosts: 365
Like?

Another great set Danny.  I always love seeing your photos.  Thanks for posting.

Andy

cwood
Contributing MemberPosts: 622
Like?
In reply to sidebyside, 8 months ago

That Plover is an interesting looking creature!  Looks like he is wearing a mask.

Your shots over the year inspired me to pick up a used Nex-7 on top of my 6....just to see what it does for me with the birds and cropping.  I haven't had the right light yet.  I love the feel of it and the navigation but I am wondering if I am going to see a big advantage?

captura
Forum ProPosts: 13,495Gear list
Like?

Nkice! When you say, same old birds again, I guess you mean the same ones are flying by again. For your viewing pleasure.

I thought your NEX-7 died. How did you bring it back to life, Danny?

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +9 more
DLeeT
Regular MemberPosts: 423Gear list
Like?

Keep 'em coming, Danny!  Superb, and it is really interesting to see pictures of birds from other parts of the world.  I suppose it is human nature to think are local birds are rather mundane, while those in other parts of the world are exotic!

Lee

DLeeT's gear list:DLeeT's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +1 more
tn1krr
Contributing MemberPosts: 541Gear list
Like?

Stellar work as usual. And somewhat humbling to those of us discussing AF speed and accuracy in the other threads. These pictures add a ton of weight behind saying "it is not the camera, it is the photographer" Well done, sir.

tn1krr's gear list:tn1krr's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Sony a6000 Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Sony 85mm F1.4 ZA Carl Zeiss Planar T* Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM +11 more
LTZ470
Forum ProPosts: 10,395
Like?

Barn Swallows are awesome Danny, but really love your Kingfisher shots, we do not get to see them often where I live and they are beautiful and very interesting…excellent!

All the best Danny, amazing shooting...

-- hide signature --

--Really there is a God...and He loves you..
FlickR Photostream:
www.flickr.com/photos/46756347@N08/
Mr Ichiro Kitao, I support the call to upgrade the FZ50.
I will not only buy one but two no questions asked...

jack scholl
Senior MemberPosts: 2,922Gear list
Like?

Danny,

Another new species!  Those Swallows are wonderful as always . . . you just keep them coming.

Your continuing contribution to this Forum is remarkable!

All the best,

Jack

-- hide signature --
 jack scholl's gear list:jack scholl's gear list
Sony a6000 Nikon 1 V3 Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA +4 more
parallaxproblem
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,666
Like?

Excellent photos!

How did you manage to get all the kingfishers in focus?  I wish I could learn to take photos as well as you and have been reading some of your older threads on technique

I saw a couple of pied kingfishers messing around last month but could only get one in focus when they were together, your suggestions and advice would be much appreciated:

Many thanks!

bill hansen
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,080
Like?

Gorgeous shots Danny. I think these are among the best you've posted here. Thanks for posting. Though I may never own a 500mm or 800mm lens, it's nice to see what the NEX 7 and one of those beasts can do.

-- hide signature --

Bill Hansen
Ithaca NY, USA

Mel Snyder
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,561Gear list
Like?

Danny:

I have a Hasselblad Carl Zeiss Tele-Tessar f8 lens  I inherited from my father. I see E adapters in the $100 range for it.

What do you know about this lens? I've never used it on the Hasselblads I inherited with it, but come spring, I've thought of putting it on the NEX-6 or a potential A7.

Am I likely to be happy with it based on what Zeiss says about it?

Thanks,

Mel

Mel Snyder's gear list:Mel Snyder's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Leica Summicron-M 50mm f/2 +13 more
pwmoree
Regular MemberPosts: 239Gear list
Like?
In reply to Mel Snyder, 8 months ago

Mel, I have the 350mm f5.6 version of this Hasselblad lens and really love it. Bought the adapter two years ago on ebay for about 60 USD. Do yourself a favour. You will love it.

Danny, thanks for the shots. These are the real reason to stay on the forum! Great!

Peter

pwmoree's gear list:pwmoree's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA +6 more
zackiedawg
Forum ProPosts: 21,429Gear list
Like?

Aaah, so nice to come in here, and see...PHOTOS!  Of course birds are always a favorite subject of mine, but boy have these forums been busy with A7 threads - love it, hate it, comparing it to camera X and camera Y, defenders, trolls...pretty much everything A7!

Love the warm colors - certainly something for you to look forward to as you move into your summer and in our part of the world many move into winter (though not me - down here closer to the equator, we don't really have a 'summer' or 'winter' or much in between - we have constant heat and humidity!).

And thanks for tossing in a kingfisher too - can never get enough of those beauties.

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +24 more
nzmacro
Like?
In reply to captura, 8 months ago

captura wrote:

Nkice! When you say, same old birds again, I guess you mean the same ones are flying by again. For your viewing pleasure.

I thought your NEX-7 died. How did you bring it back to life, Danny?

Naa mate, the NEX-7 is fine. If it was giving trouble a bit of CPR and mouth to mouth would see it right

All the best Steve and thanks mate.

Danny.

-- hide signature --
nzmacro
Like?
In reply to tri x, 8 months ago

tri x wrote:

Great images as always Danny, those swallows look a bit puffed up, are they cold? Love the last one, you've caught a real attitude there. Nice one.

Cheers John

No not cold John, it was a really hot day that day mate. Man they can move in all directions these things at the drop of a hat John. These were all pre-focused mate on the stump as you can see.

All the best your way John and appreciated

Danny.

-- hide signature --
nzmacro
Like?
In reply to DLeeT, 8 months ago

DLeeT wrote:

Keep 'em coming, Danny! Superb, and it is really interesting to see pictures of birds from other parts of the world. I suppose it is human nature to think are local birds are rather mundane, while those in other parts of the world are exotic!

Lee

I notice that a lot Lee and I think Justin has realised that what he has, we don't. We often see the term "common" used on bird shots, you know like, common Sparrow, there is no such thing mate I've talked to people in the US and Aussie where they just don't have Sparrows or are scarce in their area or state..  I love seeing shots of what we don't have Lee.

All the best Lee and thanks.

Danny.

-- hide signature --
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads