69th Street Transfer Station - New York City

Started 9 months ago | Discussions
24Peter
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,005
Like?
69th Street Transfer Station - New York City
9 months ago

Shot with Canon 5DII with 17-40 L. Built in 1911 and located in the Hudson River, the 69th Street Transfer Bridge was used to load railroad cars from the NY Central Rail Line onto barges which were floated across the Hudson to Weehawken, NJ. At the time, its link-span design - which kept the boxcars from falling into the river while being loaded - was considered quite innovative. Today, it is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Last month, on a warm, misty Sunday evening, I headed down there to photograph this piece of history. Particularly interesting for me is the juxtaposition of the old decaying structure of 19th Century industry and modern gleaming high rises of the Upper Westside. You can see more photos here: http://www.peteralessandriaphotography.com/69thstreetstation

Canon EOS 5D Mark II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
JAG007
Regular MemberPosts: 109Gear list
Like?
Re: 69th Street Transfer Station - New York City
In reply to 24Peter, 9 months ago

Very impressive images.

JAG007's gear list:JAG007's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
24Peter
Like?
In reply to JAG007, 9 months ago

JAG007 wrote:

Very impressive images.

Thanks JAG. Appreciate the feedback.

HPS3
Regular MemberPosts: 456Gear list
Like?
In reply to 24Peter, 9 months ago

Thanks for sharing these, they are fantastic. Were these single exposures or combined?

HPS3's gear list:HPS3's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2
24Peter
Like?
In reply to HPS3, 9 months ago

HPS3 wrote:

Thanks for sharing these, they are fantastic. Were these single exposures or combined?

Thanks. All single exposures. My 5DII has a lot of limitations in terms of pushing the shadows so there is some noise and banding if you look close (or maybe even not so close), but I do appreciate all the engineering my camera offers. That said, I'm looking forward to improved sensor technology in this regard from Canon down the road. But that's another discussion...

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads